It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lennon's murder foretold or provoked? Creepy audio evidence.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Greetings ATS!

This is a strange occurrence that is difficult to explain. I'll keep straight to the point.

John Lennon recorded the album Double Fantasy in late 1980, and it was officially released on November 17, 1980.

He was subsequently murdered by Mark David Chapman at approximately 10:50 PM on December 8, 1980. Chapman was a fan who had allegedly listened to the album obsessively, and gunned Lennon down outside The Dakota apartment building in NYC.

For some background story, here is the Wikipedia article about the death of John Lennon.

During the time just before Lennon's murder, one of the hit songs titled (Just Like) Starting Over was climbing the charts. I still have the 45rpm single record in my collection.

In the song, which was released before his murder, there is a voice at the end that states:

"Late at night, you'll be killed. -Mark David"

Below is a YouTube of the full song. There is a break in the music at 3:22, followed by a drum fill. When the music restarts, the voice comes in at 3:27. It sounds like a voice over an intercom or a P.A. There is a pause between the words "Late at night" and "you'll be killed", then a brief pause before "Mark David".

In an effort to isolate the voice, I used a digital audio workstation to enhance the frequency range where the voice is situated. It is not perfect, but you can hear when the voice comes in much better.

I uploaded the MP3 to FileDropper. It is very small, only 250kb, and it is just the section from the drum fill. After listening to the MP3 to get a feel for where the voice comes in, go back to the YouTube and listen to it in the song.

FileDropper link to MP3

I have never been sure what to make of this. If you read the lyrics of the song it is talking about starting over, possibly metaphorically about death. Lennon had allegedly received letters from Mark David Chapman in the past and was aware that he was a crazed fan. Did he push Chapman over the edge by embedding a subliminal message to trigger his own murder?

If the voice in the song released before Lennon's death does indeed say "you'll be killed" and "Mark David", how can this be explained?

Here is another article I found on the topic. Not a good news source, but a good read nonetheless:

John's death foretold on Double Fantasy cut

From the article:

Before coming to New York City, Mark David Chapman holed up in his living space in Hawaii, and obsessively listened to the "Double Fantasy" album, over and over, non-stop. In particular, the song "(Just Like) Starting Over" over 400 times. He later stated, "I don't know why I did it, I just did it." Shortly following this odd behavior, he felt that he needed John's autograph and flew to New York City to get it.

Thoughts? Hearing things? Swamp gas?

Peace

edit on 1-1-2013 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Chinese lanterns? ...okay...lame...

That's pretty wild. Since I was now expecting to hear the words you mentioned, I did.
I always wondered what those words were.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
That's very strange.. Seems like artist almost always die with a mystery to them or atleast to the public . But may he Rest In Peace .

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Fascinating.
It sure makes you wonder. I've never heard of this before.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
....He later stated, "I don't know why I did it, I just did it." ....

Lennon wanted world peace and had a great influence all over the world..

Now who would be against world peace?...
And who has the means to send a programmed (MKUltra or other) person to do the job and get the blame?..

I call political assassination.
edit on 1-1-2013 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

Not to mention the numerous reverse messages in their music that hinted at this as well

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Wtf???

On it's own, this would be weird. Taken in context with everything else, including all the "clues" in The Beatles songs, especially the songs JL wrote... and The Beatles "reunion" track and video.

I don't know.....

Any way to isolate the stereo tracks?

Watch to the end. Very weird imagery and lyrics. Might even say John Lennon at the end.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I read somewhere that it is a recording of an airport announcement, starting with 'Japanese Airlines'. To go with the theme of the song, 'Lets fly away somewhere alone'.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
I read somewhere that it is a recording of an airport announcement, starting with 'Japanese Airlines'. To go with the theme of the song, 'Lets fly away somewhere alone'.

I have read this explanation for the voice, and that is a possibility; however, an airport announcement seems very out of place in an otherwise "clean" pop track.

If this were something off of the Beatles' White Album, it could be anything! In the context of the Double Fantasy album, the voice seems very out of place and intentional.

The theme of the song may be about death and reincarnation, something Lennon was in to, hence the end of the song "starting over, over and over and over..."

I dunno. It's still weird and creepy to me.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheFlesh1980
I have read this explanation for the voice, and that is a possibility; however, an airport announcement seems very out of place in an otherwise "clean" pop track.

If this were something off of the Beatles' White Album, it could be anything! In the context of the Double Fantasy album, the voice seems very out of place and intentional.

The theme of the song may be about death and reincarnation, something Lennon was in to, hence the end of the song "starting over, over and over and over..."

Why is it out of place? What has a "clean" pop track have anything to do with it?

The song is self explanatory, it's about John and Yoko starting over, because they had fallen apart during the 70's. It's about them as couple starting over, and getting back into the music business that they have been out of for over five years. Most of Johns solo songs were about Yoko and their relationship.

Japanese airlines is obvious, Yoko is Japanese. So there is at least two connections for it's use in the song.

I dunno. It's still weird and creepy to me.

Because you want it to be.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

Since this interests me, I went looking to see if I could find anywhere that stated what the voice says and found this:

In the fade, you hear a flight attendant announcing that the plane is approaching the runway. It's a woman's voice announcing, 'World Airlines flight, (maybe 'flight twelve') with service to...' I think it came off a sound effects record. He [Lennon] had originally wanted the sound of a supersonic jet landing and I remember calling all over the country, trying to find somebody who had that sound effect. We never got it, so instead we used the flight attendant.

Jon Smith, Double Fantasy assistant engineer
Starting Over, Ken Sharp

Source You can find this about half way down the page.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I always thought that voice was from Yoko...

I remember an article in a newspaper many years ago that made me wonder if Yoko knew about the coming murder of Lennon. In the article, she said that the night of his assassination, she did something they never did before; she asked the bodyguards to sit in another car while coming back from the Rolling Stone magazine photo shoot.

So when they got out of the car, they were not protected as usual...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bronagh

Good find. I thought it was an airline announcement of some kind, been a long time since I read it.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

reply to post by Bronagh

Good find. I thought it was an airline announcement of some kind, been a long time since I read it.

Look. Why do you guys persist!!!

Obviously he was assassinated. If you look at this sequence of numbers, 7, 5, 1, 50, 47 = .000357 / 2 then it is obvious..

So if you look at it properly.

is also the same as

when you consider the prime configuration, 6.99999.

He was assassinated to make way for the king.

Stop trying to lie about it. The words are right there in the record for all to hear. Only someone with an agenda would purposely ignore all this facts...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Here is a photo of John Lennon from the Magical Mystery Tour booklet:

The sign says "The best way to go is by M & D C. The best way to die? Mark David Chapman?

The Magical Mystery Tour was released on December 8, 1967 in the UK, exactly 13 years to the day before Lennon's death.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

reply to post by Bronagh

Look. Why do you guys persist!!!

Obviously he was assassinated. If you look at this sequence of numbers, 7, 5, 1, 50, 47 = .000357 / 2 then it is obvious..

So if you look at it properly.

is also the same as

when you consider the prime configuration, 6.99999.

He was assassinated to make way for the king.

Stop trying to lie about it. The words are right there in the record for all to hear. Only someone with an agenda would purposely ignore all this facts...

Agreed.

But you left out the most important part.

Look closely at the symbolism. The peace sign contains a pyramid in a circle.

Lennon = Lenin = Vladimir Lenin = Vlad the Impaler. Aha! There you have it! The peace sign is an inverted cross impaled into the ground, symbolizing the death of peace (Lennon).

Vladimir Lenin has 13 letters.
John Lennon has 10 letters.

That's 23 letters.

Watch the movie 23. 23 starred Jim Carrey. Jim Carrey was the Riddler in Batman. Riddle me this? What does 23 represent? 23 = 2/3 = .666 Doesn't get much creepier than this, does it?

And John Lennon lived in New York = NeW yOrk = NWO. And the remaining letters? eyrk? An anagram for Kery = Kerry, the soon to be Secretary of State. New York is an anagram for KERY NWO.

This is obviously a smoking gun.

Now watch how operatives will try to come in a derail this thread.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sconner755

This is obviously a smoking gun.

Now watch how operatives will try to come in a derail this thread.

You're quick, but I'm way ahead of you. John Lennon obviously knew this would be a smoking gun when he wrote Happiness is a Warm Gun.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTheFlesh1980
You're quick, but I'm way ahead of you. John Lennon obviously knew this would be a smoking gun when he wrote Happiness is a Warm Gun.

Or when Lennon sings "shoot me" at the beginning of "Come Together"...

Or "Shoot me" "Just shoot me" "You gotta shoot me" 20 times in his song "Watching Rainbows"

edit on 2-1-2013 by METACOMET because: edit: song name is watching rainbows, not chasing rainbows

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

What lol?

The symbol for the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND) is the same as the symbol for anarchism?

What has this to do with JL?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
never mind lol
edit on 1/2/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join