It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My girl's Baby Rush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Ok here is my problem, me and my Girl are together for 2 years and 9 months now.

She as I can say likes babies a lot and now and then she gets watt you call it I don�t now but any way Dearing times like this we fight a lot, I�m not ready for a baby and it�s not the right time, but I told her that and she still don�t respect my feelings.

Like this last week she is like this again if there is something on TV or in a magazine of a baby she gets all sweaty about it and she gets mad at me and don�t talk to me about it.

Because a don�t want babies now and no matter what I say she gets mad at me, watt can I do to calm her down making her pregnant is no solution�

And she is all the time saying it�s because I don�t want babies but I do gust not now.

So ladies watt do you think I must do�

[Edited on 26-10-2004 by vaswegpg]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Personally I think you are showing a very mature attidude. So many people just rush into having kids without considering the consequences. Some people think that kids will bring a couple closer together - which is rarely true. Some see having kids through rose-tinted spectacles - like how they used to play 'mommies' with their Barbie dolls - and realise too late that having real children is hard work. From how I read your post, it looks as if your girl becomes 'broody' (as KayEm once explained to me) whenever she sees a pic of a baby or reads anything about babies. To me this is just like wanting a new dress or car because of seeing an ad for them.

Unless both of you want the responsibilities of bringing children into the world, then I would advise you not to do so. These are little children you are talking about, not puppies or kittens. Since you don't want children, it would be inadvisable for you to agree to it just to placate your girl. Maybe you should talk with her, tell her your feelings rather than just 'I don't want kids'. Explain why you don't want them - until recently I was adamant that I would never want children - when I met KayEm I changed my mind but it is probably to late now for me because of the situation at home. Still, it was my choice.

Later on you may want children of your own and providing that both of you want that, then theres absolutely no problem in it. Its when one of the couple doesn't want kids that the problems start.

Alternatively you could show her a piccy of my avatar
... That will either make her even more determined to have a baby, or insist that you have a vasectomy immediately.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Hi Pisky

Thanks for the advise, I do want children, I like babies to and my sister do have now one adorable girl, I gist feel I�m not ready for a baby now and I explained it lost of times way I don�t want a baby now.

And like you explained a real baby is real work and not a kitten or something and me and my so are still yang so there is still lots of time for a baby.

Thanks will se watt happens next time�

And she will think youre avator is gust adorable�

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I think that explaining to her you want to wait until you're sure the marriage will last (yes, I know you're not married) is fair.

It's a social thing -- girls are "conditioned" that babies are cute and they MUST have one or four. But when there's no man around and only children to raise and a dead end low-wage job, the kids suffer. Mom simply can't give them enough attention and is often too stressed to do a good job of parenting.

It takes two parents.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Thanks Byrd

Its true girls are "conditioned" that babies are cute and they MUST have one or four.

It�s strange that she always want baby but don�t thinks where the food will cum from.
One udder reason is I�m only working as a Consultant at an IT company pay is good but it�s not permanent when I�m permanent my feeling will probably change.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I dunno if this is just because of how i was raised, but PLEASE get married before you start having kids. It just makes the situtation that much more preminant, i dont care that you've been together for 2 yrs 9 months. I just dont think its a good idea.

---pineapple

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If she is desperate to have kids, you should not copulate with her unless you want kids, too. People have been known to "fiddle" with their birth control in order to "get their way." I'm sure that men have done this in human history, too.

new topics

top topics

join