It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War Z

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
For those of you hate sequels, and prequels here is another zombie flick.

Doesn't look like a typical zombie movie they climb walls!!!

From Max Brooks believe hes the son of Mel if I remember right:

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War is a 2006 post-apocalyptic horror novel by Max Brooks. It is a follow-up to his 2003 book, The Zombie Survival Guide. Rather than a grand overview or narrative, World War Z is a collection of individual accounts in the form of first-person anecdotes. Brooks plays the role of an agent of the United Nations Postwar Commission, who published the report a decade after the ten-year Zombie War. The United Nations left much of his research out of the official report, choosing to focus on facts and figures from the war rather than the individual stories that form the bulk of Brooks' novel. The interviews chart a decade-long war against zombies from the view point of many different people of various nationalities. The personal accounts also describe the changing religious, geo-political, and environmental aftermath of the Zombie War.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 1-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The book was fantastic, one of my favorites.

This looks completely different than any other type of zombie film. The depiction of the zombies as a literal flood of death is completely different than the typical presentation of them currently. Is a far cry from the walkers in the Walking Dead.

This is something I will be looking forward to seeing it and I didn't realize this trailer was out! Thanks for bringing it by!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I believe this may be the summers newest hit.
Only because it has three of the biggest lures in it.
1. Zombies
2. Major name actors
3. Apocalyptic scenario/survival

It definitely will get my stamp of approval because it looks good.
The new perspective on zombies will be different, too.
Almost a relentless wave of death and destruction...with speed!

I'm probably going to read the books before I watch the movie though.

Good find, Neo.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I really hope this lives up to the book, the book was excellent. It does a great job of telling a global threat/meltdown from a not-too-long-ago historical standpoint.
edit on 1-1-2013 by forgetmenot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Sorry this was already posted a month ago

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Feel free to close.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This movie was supposed to be released this past December but it was so bad they actually had to go back and film new scenes..."Nightmare"!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

NICE!... I have been waiting for this trailer for a while now. After i read the book I new it was going to be turned into a movie, and it looks like its not going to disappoint. The hoards of furious dead look amazing. They took the Rage affect from 28 days later and stepped it up a notch.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I loved this book but sadly I don't see many connections between the trailer & the actual storyline of the book which could have been amazing.

The production of the this movie encountered waves of difficulty & I fear that may relate on screen. I will still see it on opening weekend.

Another zombie flick I'm looking forward to is Warm Bodies. Haven't read the book but the trailer is a scream!

Currently reading Rot & Ruin which is a nice change of pace for those who are into dystopian & zombie novels.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I just finished reading the book, very interesting. After watching the trailer though I'm confused because in the book the zombies are you garden variety slow shambling ones that you can easily outrun, and these seem more along the lines of the "rage" type. No matter what i'm excited to see the movie!!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Bah, I don't like you anymore. I was just about to post this.

Was going to say the same thing, these zombies look like kick arse.

Not your typical slow moving zombie flick that's for sure.

Oooh, Brad Pitt is HOT HOT HOT....

edit on 4-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice from the trailer that the protagonist (Brad Pitt's character) was armed with a simple, civilian bolt-action hunting rifle and not a military styled "assault weapon"? I don't know the plot as to how he acquired it but he obviously has government contacts in the story....so I am wondering if this was to Not Glorify assault weapons? For anyone who read the book: did he have the same styled gun in the book?
edit on 15-5-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wow Brad Pitt and Zombies!!!

Can't get any better than that...I'll see this as soon as I can.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Not impressed. I loved the book. This doesn't appear to have anything to do with the book.
I love zombie movies but I will be passing on this movie.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Brads character isn't in the book. The book is a collection of memories. There isn't a main character aside from the person in the introduction putting the collection together who states in the introduction "I have tried to maintain as an invisible presence as possible."

Brad Pitt tried to make this movie all about him. It certainly doesn't endear me to him or the movie at all.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
To be honest, it would be very difficult to make the book into a movie as is. That said though, I think this movie appears to be a HUGE departure from it, in many ways (fast zombies, climbing zombies, etc.)

A good zombie movie maybe, but NOT World War Z, just something inspired by it.

Never did get this in a movie...if you see multiple people running, just run, don't try and figure out why. By then, maybe too late. There will be plenty of time once you are in a safer place to evaluate WHY you ran...Idiots.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Watched this over the weekend and I was disapponted

screenrant.com...

Kicking myself for hyping the movie up in my mind.

Zombieland and the Resident ,evil series,Dawn of the Dead was better.
edit on 24-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'll reserve judgement until I see it, but yeah, that is quite an article....

I think the better way to go would have been to have the narrator go around to the various survivors (as he did in the book) and then as they told their tales, cut scene to what happened and have those scenes be like a flashback. Have it be a collection of stories, unified by the interviewer. Just like the book. This would also lend well to a sequel (additional stories).

Start off with patient zero....go to how Israel did the wall, the Redekker Plan, Battle of Yonkers, etc.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I'll reserve judgement until I see it,

Please feel free don't want to ruin it for those who haven't gotten to watch it yet.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I watched it in 3D over the weekend, and I was not impressed. The action was limited, the plot was overdone, and I did not fully understand the importance of Brad Pitt's charactor. If there is a sequel coming, I hope it's much better.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I listened to the audio book, and i watched the movie. I thought they were both great. Loved it

top topics

<<   2 >>

join