It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl suspended from school for Sandy Hook Poem

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I dont see this as a threat or anything else. Im sure I wrote crazier things growing up and turned them in with assignments. I think America has become to sensitive and needs to quit whining about every little thing. The girl wrote a poem that shows how she feels. Big deal. Give her an "A" for creativity and be done with it

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

This same thing happened to me in school after OKC because of a creative writing assignment I did.

Eventually it all blew over but for a while there the school was really messing with me and my family.

That was when I stopped caring about my public education and just went along to get along until graduation.

College wasnt much better. Their financial scamming and questionable "mandatory" course loads serving no other purpose than to milk your wallet is a conspiracy all its own.

Never sending my kids to a public school.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
So Self-expression is banned in the US?
...That explains a lot.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
That is a heartfelt poem expressing the feelings and concerns of society to the creator. What more is this than ART! this is a shame that even expressing your feelings gets a boot to the neck. The school had no right to take any action against the person there was no infraction committed. There was no violent or threatening message to the poem. When freedom fails.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well I honestly don't see the threat, so she shares empathy with the killer of seeing a crumbling society, just because she agrees with that notion does not mean she herself is a danger/threat in any way, even if she were they should've took a different route because suspension will solve nothing, it only pushes the problem away to another period of time, the only effective method in this case would be to just discuss why they feel it may be a inappropriate subject, and discuss the context she intended to use when writing, to allow her the chance to explain, but of course that is just my opinion though. I just feel more the school overacted.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

This is why: "I understand the killing in Conecticut" "I know why he pulled the trigger ' "If I can not be loved no one can".

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by potatotomato2

Then lets arrest Bruce Springsteen for "Murder Incorporated"

Bobby’s got a gun that he keeps beneath his pillow (oh yeah)
Out on the streets your chances are zero (oh yeah)
Take a look around you (come on down)
It ain’t too complicated
You’re messin’ with murder incorporated

or

The Wallflowers

Never thought that I knew too much
I always thought I knew enough
I didn't want to learn this stuff
I didn't ever want to be that tough
But love was just implied
And everything else died
This class has now begun
In Murder 101

or
Sting and the Police

Once that you’ve decided on a killing
First you make a stone of your heart
And if you find that your hands are still willing
Then you can turn a murder into art

There are tons more, but I think you get the point.

Link to Murder Songs and Lyrics

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sconner755

That is a perfect video for this.

That is a poem of how she feels.

I write poetry all the time to let out my feelings, because I don't know how to communicate very well face to face to certain people.

My poetry has been dark but ya know it gets it off my chest and makes me feel better.

This poem the girl wrote is a cry for help, doesn't sound threatening at all.

I tell my 12 year old sister to write as much as she can, don't hold anything in, it slowly can drive you mad if you do.
The stuff I don't ever want anyone to read, I burn. And it releases it from my heart.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Suspended when that's a cry for help? It's a shame she didn't get help, but got punished for expressing her pain and in a way asking for help.
edit on 3-1-2013 by Preacher76 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join