It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telepathic communications with my girlfriend

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
We have only been going out for a few months and are very close but i have noticed a few things that i find hard to be coincidental about our relationship 3 in particular...

1) I was at the hospital yesterday for a checkout things from recent surgery and i had this strong unexplainable urge to go shopping. I only go shopping for clothes trainers 5-6 times a year and i always plan it (when/Where etc) but this time i just got a wierd feeling and decided to go anyways as i wasnt busy that day and went shopping in Kingston. I just got off the phone to my girlfriend today and it turns out she was in Kingston shopping at the same time i was!

2) We had a little argument a few weeks back which resulted in both of us wanting to have some time apart. Within 24 hours of this fight 3 girls (all of whom i havent spoken to in at least a month) texted and called me asking whether i wanted to meet up for a chat and see how things were saying they hadnt spoken to me in ages and wondered how i was.

3) Many times when i have been about to text my girlfriend i have sending problems, i usually have to wait a minute and its always because my phone is recieving a message from her which is preventing me from sending it.

has anyone else experienced these sorts of things with people they are close to such as family or loved ones?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I have a tough time communicating verbally with my sig. other, let alone telepathically.

I'd count it as a blessing. Maybe you found a soul-mate?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeyC

has anyone else experienced these sorts of things with people they are close to such as family or loved ones?

I think most of us have those sorts of things going on in our lives at any given time in many ways...only we're not paying attention most of the time.

Sometimes the "universe" is trying to tell us things...things we may already know, but are too stubborn or afraid to look in the face...so we keep getting the same signals, but keep screwing up.

Some would say it seems your "inner-self" is trying to tell you what you already know, but aren't acting on for some reason.

Personally, I don't believe in coincidences. If something I was hoping for or wondering/worrying about suddenly presents itself in some fashion or resolves a situation in any unique or ordinary way...I gladly accept it. I guess you could say it's like going with your gutt...and it works quite well for me.

Likewise, if things continually work against you...maybe it's time to let go and move on.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
You know you've found your soul mate when it doesn't matter where you are, your significant other can see you. I can be in a crowded area and a 100 yards away and she can instantly pick me out. I've tried hiding from her and it just doesn't work. A good example.

I was going to suprise her on a flight. She was on a layover at an airport going to NY. I got to the same airport but ahead of her on a different flight and from a different city. At the gate where we were going to be on the same flight together heading to NY, I went two gates down and sat behind a post so that I could see when people starting to board. 5 minutes prior to boarding she shows up to the gate. I see that she has her back turned to me. She paused a moment, then turned around and looked directly at me from two gates down. As soon as she looked at me I knew I was busted. She had no idea that I was going to be there, we lived in two different cities and two different states at the time. When I asked her how she knew I was there, her response was " I don't know I just knew".
Hows that for spooky?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I believe telepathy is a gift from God.

This is how the serpent talked to Eve, and how the donkey talked to Balaam - everyone knows it is physically impossible for a serpent or a donkey to talk.

Telepathy and Clairvoyance are two sides of the same coin - thought communication. My mom has had instances of the latter, especially concerning the kids.

I guess that's all I want to say for now...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure we all have these abilities, but tend to ignore them, especially now that so many people are conditioned into the religion of Science from an early age (at government expense, no less), which teaches us to effectively deny the existence of anything we can't stick a fork into.

Spooky? Only if you think such senses are unnatural or evil, but to do so is, in my opinion at least, superstitious. Why should we be afraid to learn that we are not limited to five physical senses?

The fact that your girlfriend and you are apparently more tuned in to one another than to strangers is probably a good sign. So win her heart with this sure-fire statement of affection: "Baby, I seem to ignore you less than most other girls!"

I'm sure she will be impressed.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
just sound like love dude!

all you need is love do do do dee doo!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thanks for your thoughts people!

I'm sure we have all experienced telepathy to some extent but dissmissed it as society has taught us too-like majic said we are taught to deny the existence of anything we cant stick a fork into.

Have you never had the feeling that someone is staring at you and then you turn around and someone really is staring at you (like rancid)?

Have you never been thinking about a friend or family member then shortly after they call you up on the phone?

Perhaps telepathy could be the next evolutionary stage of mankind (we've all seen X-men
) but i believe that we probably have had it all along and never realised it- society has never allowed us to embrace it and therefore it has died out. I remember reading about Aboriginee(sp) tribes who communicate in this way during hunts and they always know if a fellow tribesman is in danger and where they are- wolves can do this in their packs too.

Thanks for your story rancid
have you had any other experiences with this gal?

I would like to hear more stories from u lot aswell...lazy bums

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I don't have that type connection with my wife but I do with other friends/family that I know.

My youngest sister and I seem to have a connection. When we were young we freaked out an aunt by saying what card the other pulled out of a deck. Our aunt even got involved making sure it wasn't a trick by selecting the card for my sister or me. We did it about 20 times only being wrong twice and that was on suit only. I can't explain it and it couldn't have been coincidence that many times.

My best friend will use a general term like that "that diner" or such and I will picture exactly what he's referring to before he clarifies.

I share the same type connection with a co-worker that I've only known a short time. Almost every time we have a conversation, it feels almost like a deja vu type feeling but differant than any other time I've felt deja vu. It gets stronger almost intoxicating the longer we talk.

Very weird to say the least.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I do with my wife.

So much so, in fact, that my friends REFUSE to allow us to be on the same team for many board games, etc. because of this link. They've fully accepted it (they had to, or they would keep losing, hehe...) During something like Pictionary, one of us would barely put marker to board before the other guessed it...
Works well for many other games too.

Works well in the house too. I can be upstairs, just "know" that she needs a particular item (while she's downstairs), and I'll bring it down for her while she's downstairs....

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Majic--- I said spooky just as an emphasis.. If you think about it what is the reason we are all here? Everyone is open to other ideas and possiblities. I guess the proper word instead of spooky should of been "fasinating".

bluemeanie-- I should of said Fiance` instead of girlfriend hee hee.

Geesh you guys are picky :p

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I was online typing a description of a precognitive dream I had, when my fiances voice started telling me about one she had. It was very clear, and when I asked her the next day if she had had a dream like that she said yes.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I and my girlfriend are split by ocean.
When she wants me to wake up at anytime during the night - 10pm, 2am, 5am, whenever - she "asks me to wake up in her mind" and I wake up in real at the same moment.
I pick up the phone 1-2 seconds before a text message comes from her.
I can guess what she is wearing, what she is doing ect.
We are often thinking about the same thing, and sometimes say the same thing at the same time. This has happened to me with one of my other friends very often too.

I think this all has to do with a relationship being solidified by more than a physical bond but something higher. Additionally, it probably has something to do with both of us being on the same "band of consciousness" or mind level (we both have the same IQ, 123). I have never had past experiences like this apart from the ones I mentioned above. Is this what telepathy is like? I always pictured it as if you can "read" the other persons thoughts almost literally. This is more like a "hunch".

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
i sometimes feel that i can predict the future without even realising it. either that or i'm creating the future in my mind.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
i have the same type connection with my mom and my daughter, 2 of my best friends and my fella that i see.

on my mom's side it seems to be passed down..........my grandmother has had dreams regarding her family or friends and then contacted them......she has "seen" something happen.

my aunt(mom's sister) had several instances of seeing an auto accident occur.........vehicles and location only to see it later in the news.....her most significant event occured years back and it involved a airplane crash. she had this vivid dream several times and it was more detailed each time. the last night she dreamed it she was able to "SEE" the numbers on the plane and the particular airline. i was a kid so i can't recall which one it was.

anyway..........she contacted the airline and said "i know you'll think i'm a nut........but this is what i've dreamed for X nights" and she proceeded to relay to the airline official on the phone what she had "seen" in her dreams.
official thanked her politely.

2 days later the plane that she had "SEEN" in her dreams with the exact numbers crashed. in the exact same way she had seen in her dreams. again........i was a kid and i don't remember how many were killed if any at all..........but it occurred just as she had seen.

so this "ability" runs strong on my mother's side.

i have many times thought of my mom and called to ck on her and found something had happened.........same w/my daughter.........

my mom has called me when she "FELT" that i was having a crisis of some kind.

same type connection to my friends and fella...........

almost as if our minds are sending out a silent signal and those that are closest to us pick up on it..........

very very interesting.

angieb

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
My mother and my grandmother and I share this sort of thing. Im Living in the UK, My Grandmother in Germany and my mother in the US. And we allways call eachother when we have a bad feeling about something. I guess a simple ex. Is that our brains generate alpha waves which scientists think causes telepathy. So with waves you have a certain frequency you and your girlfriend might be on a close frequency.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This type of so called "connection" is very common, and i think that all people have this sort of skill. I dont liek refering to it as telepathy, but i think that this could be a slowly building up skill over generations through evolution where our mind are expanding, letting us sense people at certain times. Each person has this sort of skill, others are more developed than others, but no one is near the stage of being able to fully read another persons mind.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
you make a good point but, you never know, maybe telepathy really exists.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think, telepathy is not an issue to be discussed with topday's thinking/technology. Scientists are into exploring it, but there is yet nowhere to start. So it is restricted to the terms of abductees/implantees, and gifted people. All can we do, is watch these amazing people do the telepathy.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I have an ex girlfriend Who I share a disturbingly close bond with. We meet up in our dreams and talk, very strange but over the course of a few weeks we experimented and found we could continue the conversation we were having the night before while awake. Needless to say by the fact that I am not with the girl anymore the relationship ended badly.... Unfortunatelly the link we share never got the memo. This has caused problems with both of us in finding and nurturing new relationships. So, yeah this was an entirelly pointless post I just thought I'd share my experiences. The phone call stuff and all that works too, the link only gets eerie when you start feeling what the other person is feeling physically. That can be a little disturbing, especially considering we are both healthy activelly dating adults.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join