It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone wanna do a palm read?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

@ woogleuk

focusing exclusively on this lateral line, and excluding all other aspects (palm type, the contrast between the two hands etc.) here is my take on it.

As soon as i saw your image, i was reminded of a print i saw long ago of John Steinbeck's palm. your lines of heart and head are joint. this is not prevalent, but you would still come across these every once in a while. it is my opinion, based on my own very humble understanding, that it is not one of the best aspects to have in one's hands, but nor is it the worst. as with every other line and trait, there is some positive and some negative associated with it.

it generally denotes fine faculties of concentration, focus, and singularity of purpose. however, there are times when this singularity morphs into exclusivity. other aspects of your life suffer because of the singular object on which you are focused. if you are a fan of star trek, then you may understand it when i say that i would expect this aspect to be present on a vulcan or romulan palm, but on a spatula/philosopher's hand. the logic will trump emotion, the intensity of purpose will come with the rigorous mental discipline they endure, but the use the faculties are put to, would be up to them.
i do not think your profession would be artistic (painting, prose/poetry, sculptures etc.), nor would it be manual labor. there is a physical aspect, but it is driven by the mind. e.g. engineering/technical/surgery etc.

you generally seem to be well balanced, living life to the full type, but the way your line of head has consumed the line of heart usually happens in the hands of people who suffer in their love and affections. how they deal with it varies. the suffering may pull them into intense bouts of feelings of loneliness, and in retaliation, they over-compensate by doing exactly what they should not to counter it. however, let me add i don't see a hermit in your hands; if anything, i see a very out-doorsy type.

woogleuk, i am no one to advise you or anyone else for the matter. Everyone has their own path to walk, course to chart, and one's way is correct only for his or her own self. but in summary, what i would say to you as a well-wisher is .. try not to judge others for who and what they are, even when they are the idiots. they are slave to their nature. one is reminded of that old tale of scorpion and the fox. just to refresh, a scorpion was stranded on the bank of a river, wondering how to get to the other side. He saw a fox, and requested it to take him on it'sback across the river. The fox was not too sure, and replied that if it does, the scorpion might sting it while on the back. The scorpion assured him that they would both drown if he does that. The fox thought about it and finally agreed. So the scorpion climbed up on his back, and the fox began to swim. Halfway across the river, the scorpion stung him. As his life force began to succumb to the poison, the fox turned to the scorpion and asked, "Why did you do that? Now you'll drown, too." the scorpion replied, "I couldn't help it; It's my nature."

there are many morals one can take from the story, but the one relevant here is not to judge the scorpion as evil .. it did the only thing it knew, was born to, accustomed to, comfortable with, sure of. Your reward is not in the payback from the others, but in the comfort of your own choice to be, and to do what you would.

All the best..

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by richter13

Yes, I like Star Trek very much, so I get what you are saying.

I also run my own computer repair/network installation business in the local area.

I like to go to festivals and make the most of life.

I have had heartbreaking relationships because I fell in love too quickly, and I used to go into deep depressions as a result, usually involving drinking heavily and become the opposite of what I usually am, ie aggressive, nasty.

I like to get out into the Cumbrian fells as much as possible and do some climbing/walking.

I like to help people the best I can and I often put myself out as a result, and seem to get very little in return, but the satisfaction of knowing I have helped others.

So......pretty bang on in your results, I have to say I am impressed.

Thanks for that.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Hello, just dropped by to find out why people think palm reading is realiable???

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Alesiah

I didn't, I was just curious, however after Richters fairly accurate response, I am no longer sure.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Alesiah

Alesiah

my opinion, and mine alone ..

it will probably help if i tell a little about myself. I work as a consultant in one of the disciplines of complex computing. my true passion from the childhood would be the provinces of hyper space or quantum mechanics. thus, my natural bend is that of a scientist, not a new age mystic.

i started reading up on palm reading only out of curiosity. for me, the questions relevant and pertinent have always been, is there a tangible means/method for me to establish that the manuals/works i am basing my understanding on, are authoritarian? how can i establish that the writers were authentic and true in what they wrote, since in some cases, the manuals i have are 100+ years old, some much more. it would help if i could also have the (credible) subject's views once their reading was complete and submitted to them for appraisal. but that is not a benefit i have. to add to it, there are so very many different schools even within palm reading.

so my faith in these matters has never been blind, and veracity of the source has always remained paramount, though unresolved for me.

the next best thing that i deduced, was to pass the texts through the litmus test of my own hands, since no one knows my own life better than me. and i have to say, only a couple of manuals still held their ground when the dust settled. for those, however, the accuracy i obtained was, to me, beyond the jurisdiction of coincidence (subjective).

the next, natural step is to re-produce the results with readings of other subjects, and see if the accuracy still holds. the falsification test is simple. if the predictions suffer significantly in accuracy, oscillate greatly between different subjects, then the hypothesis fails.

if i was properly committed to the endeavor, which i am not, i would tweak and test it repeatedly over an extended period with a wide variety of subjects. but there is no incentive for me here because this is just a hobby, one of many that i have. My own job is very mentally taxing, and i get far more satisfaction out of my work than anything else.

an open mind requires me not to reject any possibility out of hand, and the scientific method dictates me not to accept anything just on face value. thus, i would not reject that such an art as true palm reading never existed/exists, nor would i insist it absolutely does, until it is established beyond reasonable doubt to my own observation and satisfaction. its likely such conclusive and absolute establishment would remain forever elusive. but that is ok. what i learn and struggle with on the way is more important for my personal growth, than the end.

such, thus, is my approach to palm reading. i can indulge it and question it at the same time. i have also invested time in, and practiced quite a few disciplines of eastern mysticism, and there are certain experiences i have gone through which and not readily quantifiable. in time, i hope to get further and see what awaits around the corner.

Thus, no insistence that anyone treats the reading as reliable. rather, test the predictions and see if they really do hit close to home. your beliefs would always be your own personal matter, and even with a 100% accurate palm or face or tarot reading, you could reject it as chance and luck. and you would have a right to that belief. just as everyone else would have a right to theirs.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
im very intrested in having my left hand read.i have the heart line, the fate line,the head line ,and life line, those are lite but noticeable.the life line beginning at top but ending about 2inches before wrest...if more information is needed please say in response...thank you
edit on 23-4-2013 by naynay1 because: misspelled of a word

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Computron

LEFT HAND

hi you have had quite a lot of responses... that is great. Just briefly looking at your left hand suggests to me that your upbringing was quite unstable. Your right hand is much stronger and more positive.

RIGHT HAND

your heartline has many chains on it... that means you will until you meet the right person, be linked up with many partners... unfaithfulness generally on your behalf. Just means that you might be keeping a couple on the side just in case. Eventually you will meet a person that you will commit to. eventually

your career line is not really significant and that indicates that you have a job and it is just that. You will continue to work your job/not career and that is quite ok. The break into the Y indicates that a hobby will provide you income and end up taking more of your time than you had ever thought possible.

health is fine...you are robust and strong...there is one major move for you and that stems from your life line through to your 'fate' line... I interperate that as a major move/relocation and it will tie in with 'a hobby' -> prolly when you are about 26 yold...interesting that it does meet up with your heart line also... and that is where the chains stop...so could be that after the move you will meet a person in a serious romantic way.

cheers

edit on 23-4-2013 by Thurisaz because: tidy

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by naynay1

the left hand is what you inherit.. your upbringing etc.
it isn't that important..your 'right' hand is really what matters because it is the life you develop

cheers

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join