It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Collapse leading to a new dawn for the Southern States?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
There is a lot of doom and gloom over the collapse over the Yankee run federal government. I think it's imminent. They've over-extended themselves into a new Great Depression.

Now, history repeats itself, and if the Great Depression can repeat itself, I think the War of Northern Aggression can repeat itself. If the federal government tries to implement some bill to do something wholely incompatible and offensive to good folks, like, I don't know, repeal the second amendment. "Hey, guns hurt people, folks. Don't use them. We've gotten rid of our citizen's right to own guns in New York and look how great it is there"...I think everywhere past the Mason-Dixon line would revolt at once.
A 3rd American Revolution, just waiting to happen. The South can rise again. We don't need these Yankee problems and debts, and the federal government will burden us with it's debts. Forget join or die, we're like Chang and Eng, the two conjoined twins. Either we cut the healthy one free of the dying, or we die with it.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

Actually you do need those 'yankees', since the blue states subsidize the red states.

~Tenth
edit on 1/1/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Ummmmmmm, you do know that you have people in the North that believe in the Constitution don't you?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I never said anything about red or blue, political orientation is a sham entirely. What we need to do is withdraw from the Union. And since when was Alaska a southern state?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
We also have Texas on our side.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

It's predominantly republican. It's included in southern states for fiscal reasons. That graphic is supposed to show blue vs red states and their dependancies.

You want the 'south' to rise again and remove itself form the Union, you used the term 'yanks', but this isn't political or anything?

The truth is that the southern states could not financially support themselves anymore without a serious retooling of their economies and priorities.

Most of the infrastructure they have is federally funded. You think the Gov would just let you keep all that? Methinks not.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The South will rise again?

What the hell are you on about?

It really sad that there are still people around with your kind of mentality.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Is this another one of those succession threads?

If so, it ain't going to happen. Remember the old adage, "United we stand, divided we fall"? If any state starts pulling away from the nation, then the nation weakens as a whole. I don't believe that's the path any of us wants this country to meander.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
A Yankee is a Yankee. I am not a republican, democrat, or any of the above. The system has failed us and will continue to fail us. And if we seceded from the Union, I'd like to see them try and take their infrastructure back. All the roads and lines and so on have been laid. Every county has power plants of it's own, across the state. And I'd think others to be similar. Thanks a lot, North, for the Reconstruction. Too bad it was General Sherman who necessitated that such a thing be needed.

The Federal government has a lot of people fooled into thinking we need them to control us, and make our laws for us. If the entire Union broke up, I'd have little problem with it beyond the general chaotic nature of the situation.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

You are wrong about that.

The only state which can provide it's own power is Texas and I believe Colorado or another one of the mid states.

Financially it makes no sense. The states do not produce enough revenue on their own to operate the way they do. They do not have sufficient exports or manufacturing. They cannot provide for public schools or social services.

You'd have to drastically cut every single public service and raise costs of those services in order for the state to be self sufficient.

Otherwise you'd have to get together with other states and make agreements and treaties with each other. And wouln't you know it, but that looks awfully similar to a union doesn't it?

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Yeah good luck with that. Florida will stick with the Union and considering that the Fed is one of Texas largest employers so will they. You can have Alabama, Arakansa, Kentucky, and the rural areas of Georgia.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Whoa whoa, don't close it up that quick. I was like really? @ the OP at first too but just found this link and he is actually very much onto something.

On November 14, 2012, the L.A. Times confirmed that secession petitions had been filed with the White House from all 50 states.

The particular states that have exceeded the required 25,000 signatures are (look at the trend):

Alabama
Florida
Georgia
Louisiana
North Carolina
Tennessee
& Texas

Thats the South..

www.examiner.com...

I'm with it, lets secede!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Originally posted by MrSpad
Yeah good luck with that. Florida will stick with the Union and considering that the Fed is one of Texas largest employers so will they. You can have Alabama, Arakansa, Kentucky, and the rural areas of Georgia.

Hell yeah, lets do some mud slingin'. What do you know about the rural areas of Georgia? Or Lousiville KY? Louisville is about the most neutral city I have ever been to when it comes to being Northern or Southern.

Where are you from? Wonderful LA or NYC or DC? Chicago or Detroit? Excellent examples of how the US should be.. Florida is with us!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Actually you do need those 'yankees', since the blue states subsidize the red states.

~Tenth

I always laugh when I see that because it does not take into account all of the retirees moving into the sun belt and taking their SS checks with them as well as that those states have most of the military and hence tax spending. It is a bit of a disingenuous slide.

That said, I can't see a realistic secession movement. We are a much more intertwined and less insular nation than before. The most common accent in my town is NY/NJ regional. I'm from Michigan. DIsplaced yankees outnumber southerners. LOL.

I do think it may mean a southern new dawn, but not like you think. As people realize the failings of the overregulated and overtaxed northern states--particularily in the rust belt, they may set up economic freedom in the south that may cause an economic boom. Businesses are already moving down here. Lockheed moved to SC recently. They are talking about making NC a no state income tax State.
edit on 1-1-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

~Tenth

California lol did you read the chart ?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

It's not really considering the Federal government as listed above is one of the largest employers in southern states.

Regardless of the retired they are a drop in the bucket for state revenue. If that logic held up than Florida should be rolling in cash due to all those people spending their SS money on goods and services in Florida right?

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by speeddr2000

Do you understand the chart you are looking at?

It shows TAX REVENUE production.

I don't understand what you are getting at? California is poor due to bad budgeting, not a problem with tax revenue.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

No Texas won't go with the Fed. And just where does everyone think the government gets the money that it gives to the states - from the residents of those states. We wouldn't need to get money back from the government, we would just keep it to start with.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The military is a huge employer in states like Texas. If you secede how are you going to employee all those people when they're no longer part of the US military?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

reply to post by speeddr2000

Do you understand the chart you are looking at?

It shows TAX REVENUE production.

I don't understand what you are getting at? California is poor due to bad budgeting, not a problem with tax revenue.

~Tenth

You cant produce if you cant get out of the hole. ill pay you 200k a year to work for me but you have to pay me 300k . Your making a lot of money right ?
edit on 1-1-2013 by speeddr2000 because: typing fast

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join