It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im Researching Masons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Hi Everyone i have managed to interview 10 masons ranging from new masons to head masons to the people inbetween on key issues against masonry so when people are looking in my research they can see their side of the story. i was wandering if anybody could help find websites or newspaper reports or even their own views suggesting masonry is apart of a bigger conspiracy or even saying that they help maintain a partriarchal society.
any help would be really appreciated
thanks

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
It's not, and they don't.

Thanks for playing.

If you have interviewed 10 Masons you should know this aleady. Sounds to me like you are researching anti-Masonry.

[edit on 10/26/04 by The Axeman]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by imperialmercury
Hi Everyone i have managed to interview 10 masons ranging from new masons to head masons to the people inbetween *SNIP*

Hmmmm, "Head Mason", is that anything like a "Head Nurse"? And those people "inbetween", they really scare me...

"Our Leader"

"Inbetween" Monkeys, not just for the hierarchy anymore...

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Originally posted by imperialmercury
Hi Everyone i have managed to interview 10 masons ranging from new masons to head masons to the people inbetween *SNIP*

Hmmmm, "Head Mason", is that anything like a "Head Nurse"? And those people "inbetween", they really scare me...

"Our Leader"

"Inbetween" Monkeys, not just for the hierarchy anymore...

Her incontrovertible power is derived exclusively from that out-of-this-world hairdo.

All hail Nurse Ratchet!

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
My policy is research everything my friend. Masonry has nothing to hide.

If you seriously want to reseach masonry, you need more than 10 interviews with Masons,

a) No one person speaks for all Freemasoney, whatever you have from your 10 is an individual point of view.
b) 10 out of 6,000,000 is not a reasonable sample.
c) From the 10 you have spoken too. If your descriptions are "the head and the inbetweens," someone is pulling your chain.
d) There is plenty of documentation on this site for you to get a good sample of Freemasons and their views , read more here.
e) If you only interested in creating a conspiracy document , its been done a thousand times already.
f) GOOD LUCK

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Oh, and be careful you are really interviewing masons, and not some schmuck jerking your chain...

If you want the real truth about masons, try here

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I relise that 10 isnt a reasonable sample however i am just doing this as a piece of coursework, they hardly want me to interview a million people. i have already looked on the freemason website and it has given me useful information however it does not help me understand an individuals motive for joining. I am NOT however trying to create something anti masons if im to have a more rounded coursework i need views that contradict what the masons have said to show i have taken into account another point of view and by going on this site i thought that at least one prson would believe that masonry is elitest, patriarchal etc. i know from interviewing them that the individuals are clearly not but i need another point of view. i am positive that i am interviewing real masons as i have seen all of their regalia and one person who was at the 30th degree in masonry showed me his and unless he has an obsession for bright coloured garments i am positive that he was the real deal. the fact that i said head mason is due to the fact i didnt know how aware you people were of the termonology used in masonry, i have interviewed 3 current masters 4 past masters( 2 of which had been masons for 50+ years) 2 masons on their first degree and a provincial grandmaster. i know masonry has nothing to hide and to be honest after researching it for the past 3 months i have relised that it is really a social club with a password istead of a membership and there is nothing for them to hide. it would be neive however to think that there is not one lodge out of the whole 60 000 000 members in this world that deviates from the normal mans lodge. so again if anyone has anything that is accusing masons of a certain type of behaviour my coursework would benifit from it.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Was the 30th Degree Mason you interviewed a "Commander of The Council of Kadosh" or just a regular Knight Kadosh?
I'm quite interested in this layer of Freemasonry (Areopagus) at the moment - its quite a long way up the tree so to speak, these people are usually responsible for co-ordinating things on a State or greater regional basis, relatively few of them as far as I'm aware.
Mind you you will hear the exact opposite from the Masons on this board (no rank higher than Master Mason etc...)

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I stand corrected that sounds much more like a balanced and even handed approach.

good luck with your project.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
My bad. Didn't mean to bust your chops. Well, yeah, I did, but it was because I thought you were coming here to stir up trouble. The thing is it's hard to find people who are anti-masonry who aren't kind of off the deep end, if you know what I mean.

Freemasonrywatch seems to be the most widely used anti-Masonic site. You could definitely find some of the viewpoints you are looking for there.

If what you say is true then you already know it's a heap of crap.

Good luck with your work!

What course is it that you are taking, out of curiosity?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
Was the 30th Degree Mason you interviewed a "Commander of The Council of Kadosh" or just a regular Knight Kadosh?
I'm quite interested in this layer of Freemasonry (Areopagus) at the moment - its quite a long way up the tree so to speak, these people are usually responsible for co-ordinating things on a State or greater regional basis, relatively few of them as far as I'm aware.
Mind you you will hear the exact opposite from the Masons on this board (no rank higher than Master Mason etc...)

Coordinating state level... I am going from third degree master mason to 32nd degree next month over a two day valley... in the US, there is no such thing as a 30th degree... the degrees are conferred over a two day period, and no one has just a 30th degree...

Just one more demonstration of Necros complete lack of understanding of masonry... and since there are THOUSANDS of 32nd degre masons, quite a number on THIS forum, and necros is offering nothing but his unsubstantiated word, I would sincerely suggest that he is completely confused...

on the other hand, I wonder what state/region I would be given to coordinate/manage? Perhaps... Nevada? I could set up my regional headquarters in Las Vegas... naaahhh, that's probably already taken...

[edit on 10/29/04 by theron dunn]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS

hahaha, this guy just doesn't get it. A "Commander of the Council of Kadosh" is "just a regular Knight Kadosh".

For those who are unfamiliar and are curious, the Scottish Rite is an organization that one can join after he becomes a Master Mason. When he joins, he undergoes an initiation process divided into 29 degrees (4� - 32�). Regular monthly business meetings are held while opened on the 14�, 18�, 30�, and 32� simulataneously, unless a Brother is present who is still in the process of getting his degrees and hasn't advanced to the 32� yet, in which case the meeting is opened on the highest degree he has attained. The Commander of the Council of Kadosh is one of the four presiding officers of a Scottish Rite Valley who is elected to a one year term by majority vote during December business meetings, when elections and officer installations are held for the following year.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Masonry puts all religions on an equal basis including Satanism which is wrong IMO.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
Masonry puts all religions on an equal basis including Satanism which is wrong IMO.

This is also... a LIE. Masonry does not accept satanism, as it is antithetical to a) masonry's requirement that a man believe in GOD and b) that a man be a moral and upright man

Unless you are somehow infering that satan, as the christian ethical system has defined him, is a GOD??? i somehow doubt that is what you meant, but were, instead, simply trying, in a weak and pitiful manner, to slander masonry.

[edit on 10/29/04 by theron dunn]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
delwtw ---------

[edit on 29-10-2004 by LTD602]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

There is a dilems here in so much as in the Uk technically, just like the Royal navy has recently done a Satanist could apply for entry into Freemasonry. I believe the wording is different in the US.

The requirement is you must believe in a supreme being, it does not specify which one. The reason being is that Freemasonry is not a religion, therefore has no right to prevent any other religion.

The ritual proceedings will involve prayers to almighty God etc, which I would have thought a Satanist would have a problem with. The ritual has no metion of the Devil , Satan or Lucifer . So you would wonder why they would bother?

So it can be looked upon as possible. However in the past where individuals have tried to infiltrate , it has been to change the rest of the principles encompassed withion masonry. Brotherly Love , Relief and Truth, none of which seem to go with being a Satanist. These attempts ( 19th Century) just ended in disaster, some were thrown out, some just left.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Masonry does not put all religions "on an equal basis". This must be stated categorically. Freemasonry, being a fraternal organization, is not interested in the least concerning the private religious beliefs of its members, any more than Masonry cares about its members political views or favorite ice cream.

What Freemasonry does proclaim is that each individual has the absolute right to believe whatever s/he wants, providing only that no one else's rights are violated in the process. Whether or not all religions are "equal" (whatever that may really mean) is purely a personal opinion, and has nothing to do with the Masonic institution. Also, as an aside, Satanism (being defined as the group of beliefs held by members of Anton LaVey's Church of Satan) is not actually a religion, but simply a reaction against Christianity. Its members are avowed atheists, and it is doubtful that such a group could qualify to be called a religion.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I don't know of any other Lodges, but in PA...

If in his initial investigation committee meeting a man ever answered "I believe in Satan" to the question of whether he professes a belief in a Supreme Being,... I don't think his petition would go any further...

Most MM I know would politely get up, ask the man to withdraw his petition and report back unfavorably on the candidate to the Lodge...

All religions are not "created equal" in the eyes of the Lodge. Paganism is not permitted. The religion has to be one of the accepted ones that professes a belief in Supreme Being (i.e.: Christianity in all its forms, Judaism, Islam, Deists, etc.). It need not be an organized religion... but there are parameters...

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Here in Ontario, Canada, the norm is simply to ask whether the candidate believes in a "supreme being." That is where it ends, and the point is pressed no further.

Buddhism, for example, subscribes to no Supreme Being qua "God." Even so, it is not difficult for a Buddhist to reconcile himself with that notion, especially when it is easy to view Siddhartha Gautama as a Supreme Being, and not necessarily God as such.

Here, although it is possible for a satanist to become a Mason (though he'll have to hide that fact quite well), it will quickly become apparent during Lodge activities that his intentions are contrary to the lights of Masonry, and he'll quickly be exposed and asked to leave.

It is one of the ways our rules and regulations re candidates can be taken advantage of, but that is remedied quickly. He might get past the first checkpoint, but he'll trip up on the others.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaseP

All religions are not "created equal" in the eyes of the Lodge. Paganism is not permitted. The religion has to be one of the accepted ones that professes a belief in Supreme Being (i.e.: Christianity in all its forms, Judaism, Islam, Deists, etc.). It need not be an organized religion... but there are parameters...

I'm not quite sure what you mean. The Grand Lodge of India is recognized by all US Grand Lodges, and its members are predominantly Hindus, i.e., "pagans". There are also many Hindu Masons in the United States. One Brother, of Indian origin, is a regular contributor to the Scottish Rite Journal, and holds the 33�. Would he be unwelcomed in your Lodge because he is "pagan"?

Fiat Lvx.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join