It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women Hears Voices Telling Her To Go To The Doctors! AMAZING STORY!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

After some squabbling with the government-run health-care system,

This is a bizarre statement for a British doctor or most other doctors in the Western world to make, a pejorative take on public healthcare.
Is another American medical "professional" with yet another miraculous supernatural story?

If not momentarily going to heaven, it's getting told telepathically to get a CAT scan.
edit on 2/1/13 by Morg234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
When all this is going on in her head...

Its easy to make up things after the fact that go along with your delusions. She is lying just may or may not know it.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Care to tell us how you know she's lying? Or even why?

ALS

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Azuonye reports that while some doctors accept the case as genuinely paranormal, others have suggested either fraud or a subconscious motive. Those who allege fraud speculate that the patient had been given the diagnosis of a brain tumour in her original country and wanted to be treated free under the NHS. Hence, they surmised, she had made up the convoluted tale about voices telling her this and that. Azuonye objects: But AB had lived in Britain for 15 years and was entitled to NHS treatment. Besides, she had been so relieved when the voices first disappeared on thioridazine that she had gone on holiday to celebrate the recovery of her sanity.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If someone starts hearing voices out of the blue, I would think it medically appropriate to do a cat scan to rule out brain injury or tumors.
edit on 2-1-2013 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The possibilities are profound just to think about. However the things down to the address, that just seems weird and leaves me to believe that she may have been lying about that and had been diagnosed prior to the CAT scan. However to even think an angel or some other spiritual figure communicated to someone in such a way is just fascinating. I'm not 100% convinced on the ideals of spirits but I can't prover otherwise. None the less, this makes for a great reading.

Thanks for sharing OP.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Maybe her living was important to the future.

Excuse me Ma'am, are you John Connor?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think that 'IF' this was not a hoax then it's very likely that she was hearing her own thoughts as if it came from some outside source. People that have taken drugs have reported hearing voices in their heads, often telling them to do things that they otherwise would not do. It is most likely that the drugs were just making them think in a very different way than they would otherwise, even down to committing crimes.
In this particular instance, i believe that the tumor was acting on her brain in a similar way to mind altering drugs. She was hearing her OWN thoughts as if the words were coming from some outside source being projected into her mind. The tumor itself and it's effect on her brain IMO was the cause of this mystery.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
One more argument that doctors should stick to body issues, and keep a healthy distance from criticizing the mind with chemicals. Hardware is not software is not the cloud.

It could have been telepathy. It could have been geniuses that used to work at a hospital, bridged time and space while they were alive, then died. The mind goes far and wide, beyond body boundaries. It's like cloud computing. It could have been a spiritual experience. In another time and place, she would have been called an oracle or a psychic medium.

Notice how the average person has been trained into never admitting that maybe they hear a voice, even if they might hear one? People are terrified of being outed, for fear of the dehumanizing treatment that follows, with oppressive doctors and drugs. Mind control. I think it's harder to say you hear voices than it is to say you are gay, in this world. There is no chemical punishment for being gay in the western world, but there is one for hearing voices.

Good for that woman for speaking what was on her mind, challenging the local cultural authority, getting past the intolerance. Shame on those psych doctors for trying to screw away her life.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rom12345
If someone starts hearing voices out of the blue, I would think it medically appropriate to do a cat scan to rule out brain injury or tumors.

You would think so but CAT scans are very expensive. I read a study of 500 (approx) tumour patients, only 98 had hallucinations. Auditory ones were even less still.

So it's safe to say; that with hearing voices, the first line of treatment is mental health drugs.

ALS

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I've been looking at the symptoms of the tumour AB had and auditory hallucinations do not seem to be one.

www.freemd.com...

ALS

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I was once stood in the garden of my brothers house (who was away at the time) having a cigarette, I was house sitting and would've been spending the night alone there. Anyway after a few minutes of being outside I heard in my ear as clear as day a male voice say my name and I immediately turned around to see who it was, low and behold there was nobody there. I checked around the garden and out onto the street, nothing.

Strangely enough, the voice didn't scare me at all and I finished off my cig, but the moment I went back inside the house I felt uneasy, as if something might happen if I stayed there. I know, it might well have been my subconscious mind working overtime but as much as I tried I couldn't bear the thought of staying and I ended up driving to my house soon after.

I don't know who's voice I heard but I know with 100% certainty that it didn't come from me - I heard it I didn't imagine it. Who knows if I'm right, turned out the house was ok the following day but I still would've been nipping out for a smoke now and then...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
2L
edit on 2-1-2013 by LoveisanArt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
edit on 2-1-2013 by LoveisanArt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Congratulations!

This topic and thread has been chosen to be discussed by the ATS LIVE crew this Saturday night between 6-9pm pst (9-12 est), as part of this weeks exciting "Turbo Topics" segment.

We are running 256kbps through the ATS Player but we now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections and there are also options to listen via other players on our relay site at Illustrial Website. You can also connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here to listen to the ATSLive Radio Show on ShoutCast

For more information and past shows, be sure to check out the ATSLive Show Threads Here.

Hope you'll listen in to the show!
Johnny

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Your body sends messages to your brain. These sometimes manifest themselves as messages or voices. I experience this all the time. A couple weeks ago I was doing some strenuous excercising and I started hearing a voice say "water, water, water, water..."

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I wonder if that was actually the subconscious speaking to her??

Perhaps it had pinpointed a problem on it's own and realized it needed external aide.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
A lot of the "skeptics" on this board brush this off as the power of the unconscious. As if this somehow diminishes the import of a story such as this. As a scientist the fact that this phenomenon has such a "mundane" explanation isn't discouraging or uninteresting, quite the opposite. If this and other similar phenomenon have a physiological explanation what could be more exciting.

This implies that every human being has unfathomable mental powers which the vast majority of us have no access to. It implies that the same abilities that prodigies, genius, and savant display lie dormant in all of thus. That we have found an example where this power comes into conscious activity is an opportunity to study the nature of these processes.

He who truly has the inclinations of a scientist should look upon this case with the greatest interest, rather then with apathy.

Of course this woman could be a fraud, and this matter should be the first for investigation. However, there are literally thousands of similar cases throughout history, many of which are well documented. The study of these might provide great insight into how these mental processes are triggered, and how they might be taken advantage of, or at least, how to promote the proper functioning thereof.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

Originally posted by rom12345

You would think so but CAT scans are very expensive. I read a study of 500 (approx) tumour patients, only 98 had hallucinations. Auditory ones were even less still.

So it's safe to say; that with hearing voices, the first line of treatment is mental health drugs.

ALS

That is not quite accurate. I've worked at the State Psych Hospital here in NC for 3 yrs. I was permanently assigned to the Children's Units but, being on the Therapeutic-Response-Team (Handpicked employees, who undergo rigorous training to appropriately handle patients who are immediate threat to themselves and/or others), I was hospital-wide responding to assistance-needed overhead pages on all the adult units as well. And HOSPITAL-WIDE, it is standard policy to order an EKG, all blood tests, physical tests, as well as a CAT scan. If Drs forgot to write an order and Nurses didn't remind them, Nurses got in trouble for not following policy.

Of course, some are uncooperative and it could take a few days to few weeks before the tests can actually be administered properly and results received. In the meantime, patients ARE prescribed anti-depressants, mood stabilizers, and anti-psychotics. So like you said, the first line of TX are Mental Health drugs. But all tests are routine as well, like the CAT scan. Just saying
That's how it works around here. I don't know how it works in the UK or other states. I imagine it would be similar process.

I'm not conclusively saying I'm unbelieving of this thread. I believe wholeheartedly in guardian angels and the like. I can't say that this particular occurrence is true, but I do know that many unexplainable events have happened to countless people. It stands to reason that guardian angels, or similar entities, do exist. It also stands to reason that it's illogical to portray this a "scam" when she could receive UK medical treatment anyways. What else could be gained by lying?

I also want to point out that almost everyone I've worked with at the hospital ALL vehemently believe in angels, demons & ghosts. The hospital, especially the old campus as well as the new campus, is haunted. People with no knowledge of it have reported seeing and hearing things. Every person accounted for, ALL doors locked, yet figures regularly seen. Bangs/screeches, furniture moved, screams/groans in seclusion rooms, doors unlocked minutes after locking, banging on unreachable exterior 3rd story windows sealed and barred shut, unseen touches- a few examples of many happenings on old wards with no assigned staff, NO patients, no maintenance. At the new hospital: bedroom doors slam, cabinets/drawers open, TVs change channels, turn on/off, motion-sensored faucets start, button-push toilets flush, microwave doors open, charts & papers fly off counter/shelf; yet everyone accounted for & no one responsible. Snakes often found inside even in winter, on 2nd/3rd floors- yet it's a new building, entrances sealed, no vents near ground (all on roof), no windows open. Snakes even in the courtyards that have 3-story-high brick walls & are surrounded by the building itself.The old John Umpstead campus was previously a military base. The new campus, Central Regional, right across the street, was built on top of Indian burial grounds.

We've had patients that NO anti-pyschotic meds were successful on who truly seemed demonic. I know some staff who've blessed these patients and bedrooms and shortly after these patients FINALLY, after mo's/yr's of unsuccessful treatment, began to show progress returning to some semblance of normalcy.

All this is included in support of unearthly beings: helpful, harmful and uncaring ones.

For ones who will doubt what I've contributed to this thread - I don't care. I don't require your approval. I'm not stupid or gullible - actually smarter than most I've interacted with, knowledge driven, inclined to 2nd guess things, naturally quiet, reserved and tend to keep my thoughts to myself. Given my nature, I believe without doubt what occurred at the hospital is true. I believe in unearthly beings.

It is only a matter of time until irrefutable science proves life after death, whatever form that takes. And life before birth? Something cannot come into existence from nothing, something cannot revert to nothing. Our lives are not meaningless, our intelligence does have a source. The power of mass prayer has been proven to work. It shows everything is connected. Living things thought unintelligent have proven otherwise.. Proof is all around us that neural connections aren't needed for intelligent thought, and aren't needed to make something happen. Consider Quantum Entanglement or Scrodinger's Cat..

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join