It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Churches to get involved in Gun Control battle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It seems that some religious leaders are realizing that our society's gun fetish is dangerous and out of control:

www.seattlepi.com...

Unfortunately, I think their pleas will land on deaf ears. Knowing the conservative movement as I do, they will sooner quit their churches than part with their precious guns. Guns and the military are their religion now, christianity is just a title, IMO.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If you really are pro-life then you know how important it is to protect your own life from the very people who want to take away your guns. Stay out of any church that says otherwise.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
op, baby....are you sure that's what you meant to post...please expound a little more...I'm interested

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well if they are really pro life and concerned about gun control tell them to concentrate on India where 3000 kids die a day due to hunger yet the Indian government has just bought $2.9 billion worth of arms.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

This kinda blows your blind partisan theory all to hell doesn't it?????

Forty-seven percent of American adults currently report that they have a gun in their home or elsewhere on their property. This is up from 41% a year ago and is the highest Gallup has recorded since 1993, albeit marginally above the 44% and 45% highs seen during that period

Republicans (including independents who lean Republican) are more likely than Democrats (including Democratic leaners) to say they have a gun in their household: 55% to 40%. While sizable, this partisan gap is narrower than that seen in recent years, as Democrats’ self-reported gun ownership spiked to 40% this year.

Source

Hmmmm, only Conservatives own guns??? Try again!

BTW, since our President is a so called Democrat, and you are obviously distraught over guns being used to murder innocent people, "How do you feel about our President using drones to kill innocent children in the middle east?".

That is a serious question btw, very curious as to how or even IF you will answer it!
edit on 1-1-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This is one of those stories where I just have to sit for a moment and consider it ...to believe it's really saying what it's saying. Is logic something even Religious leadership no longer has within them to draw on for policy?

In this age of growing intolerance, hate and aggressive acting out against and INSIDE Churches, they would choose this moment to push for a general disarming of the very people most likely to fall victim to it? Criminals won't be following religion's lead to disarm.....but they will be MORE than happy to fully exploit it if it sees any success.

A number of churches around the nation, by clause within CCW laws, allow for the carry of a firearm inside Church, if the Church itself has sanctioned it. This generally encourages the formation of programs within a Church where specific members DO carry a gun for the protection of all...IF someday, the unthinkable happens. Why shouldn't that work?

Church isn't a place for stereotypes. There are Cops, Soldiers and every other manner of citizen sitting in a Church. Among them, some should be able to defend and not simply lead the flock for begging a bad guy for mercy.
(Unless every gun in the nation can be erased from existence like magic...disarming only SOME, leaves them prey to those who don't, IMO)
edit on 1-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Now religion is getting involved with our laws? am i wrong here?

edit on 1-1-2013 by Donahue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Didn't Jesus say Put away your swords?
Any church that advocates violence instead of denouncing it and saying turn the other cheek and love your enemy are not really churches. They are cults or organizations promoting gun use and proliferation and NOT advocating for peace.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

A Pastor has come forward to blow the whistle on a nationwide FEMA program which is training Pastors and other religious representatives to become secret police enforcers who teach their congregations to "obey the government" in preparation for a declaration of martial law, property and firearm seizures, and forced relocation. In March of this year the Pastor, who we shall refer to as Pastor Revere, was invited to attend a meeting of his local FEMA chapter which circulated around preparedness for a potential bio-terrorist attack, any natural disaster or a nationally declared emergency. The FEMA directors told the Pastors that attended that it was their job to help implement FEMA and Homeland Security directives in anticipation of any of these eventualities. The first directive was for Pastors to preach to their congregations Romans 13, the often taken out of context bible passage that was used by Hitler to hoodwink Christians into supporting him, in order to teach them to "obey the government" when martial law is declared.

api.viglink.com... t%3D9990&v=1&libid=1357075311635&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.infowars.com%2Fimages2%2Fps%2Fpastor_fema_docs.pdf&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%3F ei%3Dutf-8%26fr%3Dslv8-hpd10%26p%3Dpreachers%2520are%2520working%2520for%2520the%2520government%26type%3D&title=FEMA%20Recruiting%20Pastors%20To%20Pre pare%20For%20Martial%20Law%20-%20BaptistBoard.com&txt=FEMA%20training%20document%20for%20pastors%20(PDF)%2033%20pages.&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_1357075575598 6

One Internet search turns up several articles about the government paying or threatening clergy and how they will be used and are used. If you believe any of the articles then the fix and propaganda are well organized and effective. Of course it is not on MSM so believe what you will.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Maybe this will get you going in the general direction Wrabbit......

General Findings

DHS recognizes the importance of sharing homeland security information with FBOs – The Advisory Committee members felt strongly that the Secretary and the Department recognize the importance and value of a two-way security information process with FBOs to ensure their infrastructure is resilient and protected, by being a strategic and valuable partner in security awareness, prevention, planning, operations, and response.
A more formal relationship is wanted and required - Both DHS and FBOs would benefit from stronger, more structured relationships that will strengthen the nation’s security by the effective sharing of relevant, accurate, timely, and actionable homeland security information. Advisory Committee members felt that faith-based organizations would like to enhance the current partnership with DHS to a structured one that will establish better communications relationship regarding security between DHS and the faith-based organizations.

Faith-based Security and Communications Advisory Committee

As you can see, it does appear Homeland Security has an agenda to infiltrate churches.....

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by CB328

This kinda blows your blind partisan theory all to hell doesn't it?????

Forty-seven percent of American adults currently report that they have a gun in their home or elsewhere on their property. This is up from 41% a year ago and is the highest Gallup has recorded since 1993, albeit marginally above the 44% and 45% highs seen during that period

Republicans (including independents who lean Republican) are more likely than Democrats (including Democratic leaners) to say they have a gun in their household: 55% to 40%. While sizable, this partisan gap is narrower than that seen in recent years, as Democrats’ self-reported gun ownership spiked to 40% this year.

Source

Hmmmm, only Conservatives own guns??? Try again!

BTW, since our President is a so called Democrat, and you are obviously distraught over guns being used to murder innocent people, "How do you feel about our President using drones to kill innocent children in the middle east?".

That is a serious question btw, very curious as to how or even IF you will answer it!

I would say it is the same formula for the rational behind gun use here in America.

The dead bad guys are worth the innocents taken in the crossfire or by accident.

Air strikes have been claiming "collateral damage" for decades not just with drones or during THIS Presidency.
It is a casualty of war and why liberals are against war.

This flies in the face of the MIC Military Industrial Complex in the business of designing, building and selling instruments of war. For them peace is a dirty word uttered by hippys living in a fantasy land. You know who I am taking about.

Most people in his own party consider the President far too "right winged" in his policies. They disagree but consider it the least of two evils considering the alternative is that and WORSE.
edit on 1-1-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

From this Washington to Washington, D.C., church leaders shocked by Newtown are getting ready to go up against the National Rifle Association in an effort to limit or ban high-capacity magazines and assault weapons, and to require background checks on all gun purchases.
Got this far and starting lmmfao.

Ok 1st

Washington, D.C.
Yeah how is that gun control working for you DC? lol

2end

ban high-capacity magazines
What is high cap? my gun came with a flush fitting 17rd mag a "high cap" for this gun would be 30+rd. And not one law on high cap mags ever saved a life, not 1.

3rd

shocked by Newtown (and) assault weapons
Someone should tell the nut jobs that there is a assault weapons ban in Connecticut. Again not only was there no assault weapons in the SHE shooting, but a assault weapons ban never saved 1 life, not 1.

And 4th

"Would Jesus pack heat?"

"Would Jesus rape kids?"

edit on 1/1/2013 by GunzCoty because: I should start proof reading

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The "clergy" mentioned in the article are probably the same people who help illegal aliens stay in the U.S. and believe that all religions lead to heaven.

I suppose the religious activists are having a feel good moment. Why do people like that think they are so very mature when all they are is smug? I am so very tired of busy-body liberals sticking their noses in where they do not belong.

We all know where this gun controversy is headed and we all know who will have the guillotine at our necks.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Oh the hypocricy! If the "Bully Pulpit" were used to speak out against abortion, the left would be screaming about "church and state" and leftist politicians would be screeching about punishing the church for having a political view.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Super ironic that is.

The church, one of the most morally decrepid and dishonest organizations on the planet, going up against another dishonest and powerful organization.

I have to laugh every time I see the church request anything from anybody anymore. They need to clean up their own house before they start meddling in national politics.

Besides the argument of pro life vs pro gun isn't something you can put together. That's an emotional response and an argument of nonsense.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Air strikes have been claiming "collateral damage" for decades not just with drones or during THIS Presidency.

People really want to talk about collateral damage then fine let's talk about it like millions of gun owners who have never killed or injured anyone would be collateral damage.

All the gun laws on the books in cities like Chicago and the thousands killed still would be collateral damage.

All those guns sold to drug cartels in mexico that have killed over 50,000 Mexican nationals is "collateral damage".

And there they are the champions of "the gun is evil" shout at the top of their voices take away the rights of those who haven't done squat to those with more blood on their hands than the average john and jane doe gun owner.

The church has it right to speak it's mind on a any given subject like we all do.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
i know that type of thinking would not fly around
here. Guns are a part of life in this area.
Church included. The church i attend even went
as far as to play a joke on a visitor from back east
and had everyone wear their gun to church, so they
thought the west was as some imagine.
It was a great joke, but i think the churches that would
do that are limited.
Our pastor even takes others out hunting during hunting
season to make sure they get their tag's filled.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by CB328

Didn't Jesus say Put away your swords?
Any church that advocates violence instead of denouncing it and saying turn the other cheek and love your enemy are not really churches. They are cults or organizations promoting gun use and proliferation and NOT advocating for peace.

Luke 22
36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Jesus isn't a pacifist, he is coming back to destroy.

We aren't pacifists either by being Christians, we will defend ourselves.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
The church i attend even went
as far as to play a joke on a visitor from back east
and had everyone wear their gun to church, so they
thought the west was as some imagine.

Only in Montana.

My wife grew up in Bozeman. I have to say, if Missouri ever starts turning away from the Conservative values it's always embraced? You are likely to get a family returning to the land of the Big Sky.
edit on 1-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Kentucky church also is saying similar things. They even had a memorial across the street from a gun show. And had a number of other churches join in.

www.kentucky.com...

edit on 1-1-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join