New years eve shooting in sacramento

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
sry if this has been posted I did a search and didnt see it

A deadly shooting broke out in Sacramento killing two people and wounding three others during New Year's Eve festivities.

Police arrested a 22-year-old suspect who allegedly opened fire during an argument inside a bar in Old Sacramento, CBS reported.

A 35-year-old patron and a 20-year-old employee were killed, police said. A woman who was with the 35-year-old man was injured, too. Hearing the gunshots shortly after a 9 p.m. fireworks display, a security guard brandished a firearm. He exchanged fire with the suspect and both men were injured .

well it seems like an armed security guard may have saved alot of lives last night.. hmmmmm

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 1-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
sry double post

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

well it seems like an armed security guard may have saved alot of lives last night.. hmmmmm

or the killer just ran out of bullets for his pistol. I wonder how this would have ended if the killer was wearing a vest, an AR15 and a dozen or so 30 round magazines?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

or the killer just ran out of bullets for his pistol. I wonder how this would have ended if the killer was wearing a vest, an AR15 and a dozen or so 30 round magazines?

he wouldn't have been allowed in, and the shooting would have happened outside.

amirite?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

at least someone would have been shooting back..

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

at least some one would have been shooting back..

yeah, and i'd love to see 1 110 lb white kid with autism not fall on his face after being shot 10 times in a vest or even get up and keep shooting

people think vests just stop the bullet and everything is ok. or they lose hitpoints or something.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by christoph

at least some one would have been shooting back..

yeah, and i'd love to see 1 110 lb white kid with autism not fall on his face after being shot 10 times in a vest or even get up and keep shooting

people think vests just stop the bullet and everything is ok. or they lose hitpoints or something.

and if he has to worry about someone else shooting back he cant worry about just shootin everyone

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I thought it won't happen in California, since it's the most gun restricted state in the country and more laws are coming from California politicians.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Darn shame. RIP to those that died.

Just one more reason to avoid crowds.... I gave up going out in big crowds a few years ago. Life has been simpler since. No weirdos, psychos with weapons, bad intentions.

It also goes to the little known fact that Sacramento is ranked as the fifth unhappiest city in the country. I know this as I live 30 minutes East and avoid the city like a plague.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I wonder how it would have ended if he had an invisibility cloak and TWO AR-15s and TWO dozen SIXTY round mags and grenade launchers and a nuclear bomb! Right?!?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

Nice bear cub!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
America needs a change of gun culture, where not the gun is the focus, but certain goals are set, like prepardness for an hostile invasion or reaction to an overtake of the government from within or the government turning on its people, where guns and arms are implemented as tools rather than set on pedestals the way car aficionados do with cars.

National Rifle Association. The problem is in the name already. It should be National Militia association or something.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo

I wonder how it would have ended if he had an invisibility cloak and TWO AR-15s and TWO dozen SIXTY round mags and grenade launchers and a nuclear bomb! Right?!?

What I described was not fantasy as both Lanza and Holmes had that stuff. Unless you are in a deep state of denial you will agree that the body count would probably have been significantly higher if this killer had an AR with a bunch of 30 round magazines.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
Darn shame. RIP to those that died.

Just one more reason to avoid crowds.... I gave up going out in big crowds a few years ago. Life has been simpler since. No weirdos, psychos with weapons, bad intentions.

It also goes to the little known fact that Sacramento is ranked as the fifth unhappiest city in the country. I know this as I live 30 minutes East and avoid the city like a plague.

Source for that stat on sacto being sad or whatever plz?
I live in Fair Oaks just a bit east as well and suffer no depression, nor any of my family.
I have secured land elsewhere and am moving soon though, in a more gun friendly state.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merinda
America needs a change of gun culture, where not the gun is the focus, but certain goals are set, like prepardness for an hostile invasion or reaction to an overtake of the government from within or the government turning on its people, where guns and arms are implemented as tools rather than set on pedestals the way car aficionados do with cars.

National Rifle Association. The problem is in the name already. It should be National Militia association or something.

Nobody is attacking the militia, the militia could assemble guns free and the anti gunners would be thrilled with them. Maybe the NRA would stop defending guns if they weren't under constant attack from the anti gunners.
Plus I never realized that defense could be so offensive.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

why is this political madness? shootings go on every day in big citys, and sactown is one of the worst ones, people get shot everyday why is this one worth mentioning or any other for that matter

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by goou111

why is this political madness? shootings go on every day in big citys, and sactown is one of the worst ones, people get shot everyday why is this one worth mentioning or any other for that matter

If its good enough for the huffington post its good enough for ats

i mean how many people have to get killed for it to be news worthy to you?

If you dont like it go read another thread

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by goou111

If its good enough for the huffington post its good enough for ats

i mean how many people have to get killed for it to be news worthy to you?

If you dont like it go read another thread

that would be sound advice, but i already read this thread, and you cant unread somthing. im just tired of hearing about every death that happens by gun, since the gun was invented people have been getting shot, why do people need to bring up every death by gun, oh yeah thats right, most people only take up a cause when the media tells them to. how does it feel being a puppet? how does it feel to be lead down a path of manipulation and lies?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Old Sacramento is a dump only place worse in Sacramento is West Sac.

A lot of gang bangers and drugs and not unusual that it happened in a gun free zone in a highly restrictive gun state.

It just shows you that gun laws don't work and CCW would work.

criminal just are not afraid in states like calif as they know its unlikely to run into a CCW holder in calif.
the criminal would change his ways in a state like Arizona or get fitted for a body bag.

Its not who is carrying in states like TX or AZ its that the criminals can not tell who is packing.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Yet we won't see this on CNN or any other main stream media news outlets.

new topics
top topics

join