It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 striking parallels between the U.S. and the Roman Empire - History Repeats Itself

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
k yourreply to post by tothetenthpower

one thing about the Romans very . unlike the US. they were unapologetic. they came in an whooped you stole your land took you r women any said,"do you have a problem with that?"

the usUS tends to be and bout it's intentions

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It is really serendipitous that you posted this because just yesterday I was watching TV, and all the news and stuff that's going on, and I thought to myself, "This is just like the Roman Empire all over again."

I'm really fearful about our future. I have kids and grandkids I worry about, so much.

Really, really hate this.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
You can take any successful country in history and compare it to the roman empire.

You are going to find coincidences when you want to see them.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

One more point is that each great nation past present and future has had its major wars with different countries, the USA being so young has not. yes we have seen civil wars and internal fights as well as our share of dividing factions, but to see other countries come here to play a role in what only the future will create as history is just as important as your thoughts on the Roman empire something i have also put much thought into over the years.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Tagged

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
3 striking differences between the US and the Roman Empire that are conveniently ignored in comparisons of the two...

1. The Roman Empire lasted over a 1000 years with the "fall" actually representing a slow decline over the final 200 years. The US has only existed 236 years.

2. The US abandonned "manifest destiny" as policy. The last expansion to our geographic bureacracy was Hawaii in 1959. The Roman Empire, and the British Empire, continued to not only "police the world" (which the US still attempts at) but also colonize and rule those parts of the world, spreading their resources too thin and setting themselves up for collapse.

3. The Roman Empire was politically fragmented between the East and West and the very establishment of the Empire was the cause of much of this instability. The US may have divided political parties, but the Constitutional Republic is much more stable than a Tyrannical Empire whose Emporer seized power, or a Triumvirate that rules after literally stabbing the reigning Emperor in the back a few dozen times. The stability of the political systems of Rome and the US is not comparable at all.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FibroKat
It is really serendipitous that you posted this because just yesterday I was watching TV, and all the news and stuff that's going on, and I thought to myself, "This is just like the Roman Empire all over again."

I'm really fearful about our future. I have kids and grandkids I worry about, so much.

Really, really hate this.

Then stop watching TV. The only thing to fear is fear itself. Fear = Ratings.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Wow, this is an amazing topic and I don't feel a hint of remorse for reviving this thread!

Leads one to the question: If the Romans killed Jesus, would the U.S. be trying to kill his legacy??

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hello to all,

This is Rome. We are New England too. The western Anglos. Also the unknowingly enslaved Americans.

To start: we will define that signs indicate whereas symbols will mean. Look it up.
The American bald Eagle. The Roman Eagle. The same national war symbols for war, war and more war.
Both eagles: two legs, House and a Senate.
Both eagles: right wing, left wing, means Republican, Democrat.
Both eagles: controled by one head, this is the current defacto President and the Emperor.
But we know what lies in the shadows.
Yes U.S was an empire.
Now its bankrupt. Look it up.
Its been bankrupt.
Why else would Tyrant Abe Lincoln invade and still to this day occupy C.S.A. Look it up.
Yes its true the 14th amendment was meant to enslave all U.S citizens. Look it up. Google it. Hurry up.
The several states: C.S.A never ratified a U.S constitution.
Jef Davison refused to surrender.
The C.S.A government exists this very day. Look it up.
Hurry up.
Capital Hill is corrupted.
House of cards.
A Corparation.
Selling out the American nation.
Everything is discount.
Lakes, roads, bridges and its human capital too.
Yes that means you too.
Citizens of the U.S
They bonded you.
Look it up.

A Confederate, however, will I forever remain [Southerner].
Go ahead, say how ignorant of me.
But first you must know, just how close this (Obama) homeland is to being taken in by the U.N, Oh no they're a Confederation also.

It is or was the newly formed Rome predicted to last 700, years by the framers best guess.
But as lately, formerly known as U.S.A then recently U.S and soon D.H.S.

There has never been a civil war in America.
Several Southern States succeeded.
Withdrew in peace.
As men have an inalienable right to govern themselves.
Its called independence.
Look it up.
Fort Sumpter.
Look it up too.
Know the truth for yourself.
Or chose the Carnegie-Rockefeller-paid historians truth.

A sign to point you in the right direction

@elitmajortwitter.com
@coercions&deceptions Facebook.com

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by elitmajor

The seat of The British Government is White HALL
The seat of US Government is White HOUSE

Coincidence? I think not.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

nixie_nox
You can take any successful country in history and compare it to the roman empire.

You are going to find coincidences when you want to see them.

I don't agree with that. The coincidences between the Roman Empire and the USA are really staggering and when you get into the history of the USA it only becomes more clear that the Roman Catholic Church (Who are pretty much the Roman Empire behind the curtains) have and still do play a major role in where the USA is heading. I'll give you a few examples to show you what I'm talking about.

- In the late 1700's, a Jesuit Bishop named John Carroll was possibly the richest man in America and through him funding was permitted to construct Washington D.C which was and likely still is nicknamed "Rome on the Potomac". The original owner of the land was one named Francis Pope and his Priest was Jesuit Andrew White. What is also interesting about this piece of history is that before Washington was named Washington, It was called Rome, Maryland.

- Now it is a well known fact that around nine of the founding fathers were Freemasons and when you see where this secret society came from, then you can start to see the bigger picture of how the Vatican has not only influenced Washington but the very foundation of the USA. Though I cannot find a reference, I still find it interesting.

"...If you trace up Masonry, through all it's orders, till you come to the grand tip-top, head Mason of the World, you will discover that the dread individual and the Chief of the Society of Jesus [i.e., the Black Pope, the Superior General of the Jesuits] are one and the same person." - James Parton (American Historian)

Then you can look at other things like a branch of the Potomac River being called Tiber creek (Named after the Tiber river in Rome), Jesuit Georgetown University and the list goes on. But at the same time maybe none of it has any meaning what so ever.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

doesntmakesense
Wow, this is an amazing topic and I don't feel a hint of remorse for reviving this thread!

Leads one to the question: If the Romans killed Jesus, would the U.S. be trying to kill his legacy??

The Romans hijacked Christianity around 325a.d so in a way they have already tampered with his legacy from the very beginning. Notice the Sun around Jesus's head in most pictures? That Sun worship. Notice the Rabbit at Easter? More Pagan symbolism. Here's a piece from a book I just finished reading.

The Cross is loved and respected by millions of people. The Encyclopedia Britannica calls the cross " the principal symbol of the Christian religion." Nevertheless, true Christians do not use the cross in worship. Why not?

An important reason is that Jesus did not die on a cross. The Greek word generally translated "cross" is stau-ros'. It basically means "an upright pale or stake."

And a bit further in the book

There is no evidence that for the first 300 years after Christs death, those claiming to be Christians used the cross in worship. In the 4th century however, Pagan Emperor Constantine became a convert to apostate Christianity and promoted the cross as it's symbol. Whatever Constantine's motives, the cross had nothing to do with Jesus Christ. The cross is in fact Pagan in origin. The New Catholic Encyclopedia admits: "The cross is found in both pre-Christian and non-Christian cultures." Various other authorities have linked the cross with nature worship and pagan sex rites.The book is - What does the bible really teach

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled,
public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should
be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands
should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again
learn to work instead of living on public assistance."

-- Cicero -- 55 BC

Dec 24, 2013

It was Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC) in the timeless "The Traitor is the Plague" who said:

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly.

But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist.

A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”

I would venture a guess that any society has the good, the bad, and the seeds for it's own destruction.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Freemason's have their roots in England in the 1700's The Roman Catholic Church had been given the shove by King Henry VIII in the 1500's.
There is little if any connection between Freemason's and Catholics.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

alldaylong
reply to post by DarknStormy

Freemason's have their roots in England in the 1700's The Roman Catholic Church had been given the shove by King Henry VIII in the 1500's.
There is little if any connection between Freemason's and Catholics.

en.wikipedia.org...

Masonic quiz book

"The Jesuits wrote the first 25 rites of Scottish Freemasonry in the College de Clermont in Paris in 1754". You should check that out....

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

DarknStormy

doesntmakesense

The Romans hijacked Christianity around 325a.d so in a way they have already tampered with his legacy from the very beginning. Notice the Sun around Jesus's head in most pictures? That Sun worship. Notice the Rabbit at Easter? More Pagan symbolism. Here's a piece from a book I just finished reading.

The Cross is loved and respected by millions of people. The Encyclopedia Britannica calls the cross " the principal symbol of the Christian religion." Nevertheless, true Christians do not use the cross in worship. Why not?

An important reason is that Jesus did not die on a cross. The Greek word generally translated "cross" is stau-ros'. It basically means "an upright pale or stake."

And a bit further in the book

There is no evidence that for the first 300 years after Christs death, those claiming to be Christians used the cross in worship. In the 4th century however, Pagan Emperor Constantine became a convert to apostate Christianity and promoted the cross as it's symbol. Whatever Constantine's motives, the cross had nothing to do with Jesus Christ. The cross is in fact Pagan in origin. The New Catholic Encyclopedia admits: "The cross is found in both pre-Christian and non-Christian cultures." Various other authorities have linked the cross with nature worship and pagan sex rites.The book is - What does the bible really teach

It could be argued that the Roman Empire suffered a setback around 450 AD but had well and truly reinvented itself about three hundred years later and was back in business. Which wasn't to hard as the subject peoples were Romanised whether they knew it or not. The old empire only worked if you were not Romanised, because it needed a constant supply of Barbarian slaves. In fact the old economies needed slaves especially America. Industrialisation ended slavery by making slaves redundant, it was cheaper to give workers a pittance of a wage. Which then freed the employer from looking after all the non productive aspects of slavery like looking after females infants etc. Accommodation et al Whatever you call it ""Serfdom"" ""indentured servant" Slave. For most of history as a common man you were owned by the lord and that was an end to it. The present economic set up happens to be cheaper than owning Slaves, but we are still slaves by a different name.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

This is exactly what comes to my mind when i look at the US today. The parallels are uncanny. Thanks for drawing the similarities.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by f0xbat

Oh and the CIA. also known as the Palace Guard. Just about fixes the parallel .Its all smoke and mirrors.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join