It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creating 'God'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I've been debating with myself whether I should post this in this forum,
the science section, or the rants. It is admittedly a drunken thought I ran with.

Would it be possible for human beings to advance to such a stage, that we could
create a network of technology, or that the A.I we create could become so powerful,
(or a combination of biology and technology) could ever reach the point, to extend
beyond solar systems, galaxies, and so on, to the point that it could willingly create a centre
of gravity that would result in a black hole with the intention of creating another universe, another bubble
in the series of alternate universes that have no ending or beginning.

So we could go from an atheistic, science orientated society to creating a 'God' like machine,
or entity with our own interactions, that would give birth to an entire 'space' that works by it's
projected parametres.

I guess what i'm asking is, as an atheist, could we create God, or an entity, something that
would be indistinguishable from what we associate with the God concept ,
are we the products of such machinations. Could 'Gods' just be a natural evolution
of technological societies that survive long enough?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelegateZero88
I guess what i'm asking is, as an atheist, could we create God, or an entity, something that
would be indistinguishable from what we associate with the God concept ,
are we the products of such machinations. Could 'Gods' just be a natural evolution
of technological societies that survive long enough?

So you don't believe that anything happens in the universe that could affect the way we evolve etc? You believe technoloy is going to answer the age old question of how we came into existence somewhere down the track? I agree that the invisible man theory doesn't rub off very well with some people but I think they are missing the point of what god actually is.. Technology is not god. Without god, technology would simply be non-existant.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

So we could go from an atheistic, science orientated society to creating a 'God' like machine, or entity with our own interactions, that would give birth to an entire 'space' that works by it's projected parametres.
reply to post by DelegateZero88

What is it about people claiming to be an atheist? There is no such thing as an atheist. Just another silly little word that people with no faith came up with. Confused and ignorant is what you are. Here you are trying to claim that people live in an "atheistic, science orientated society" while suggesting the possibility of creating another universe by creating God.

Have you read what you wrote? Are you listening to yourself? What type of food are you eating and have you had a look around the universe you are living in? Have you tried telling a child your thoughts on God? I can almost see you now, begging for forgiveness, to be left with what you believe.

edit on 1-1-2013 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TRUELIES11

What is it about people claiming to be an Atheist? There is no such thing as an atheist.Just another silly little word that people with no faith came up with. Confused and ignorant is what you are. Here you are trying to claim that people live in an "atheistic, science orientated society" while suggesting the possibility of creating another universe by creating God. Have you read what you wrote? Are you listening to yourself? What type of food are you eating and have you had a look around the universe you are living in? Have you tried telling a child your thoughts on God? I can almost see you now, begging for forgiveness to be left with what you believe.

What? People can choose whatever label they want. If there is no atheist, then there is no other religious labels as well. What an absurd little rant and a waste of your own time.

OP, it's difficult to fathom such a technological achievement, but if we are able to manipulate nature with technology, I wouldn't be able to rule it out.

edit on 1-1-2013 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

edit on 1-1-2013 by DelegateZero88 because: Going to be nice for a change.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

OP, it's difficult to fathom such a technological achievement, but if we are able to manipulate nature with technology, I wouldn't be able to rule it out.
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

And what is it you are able to rule out?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

edit on 1-1-2013 by DelegateZero88 because: I really struggle at being nice

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I said 'wouldn't' be able to rule out. I cannot rule out that we won't be able to manipulate the universe in the future.

Yes. Please move along.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

When you say "I wouldn't be able to rule it out", it is like saying you would "rule it out" if you were able to. I would rule out God is what you said. I am not trying to insult the lady or you but I know the word atheist and its false meaning is just an easy way out for people that have lived there lives denying God. It seems like people are now glorified by this label, atheist, they can now identify with.

Atheist people are living in denial.

My apologies to the lady for calling her ignorant.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Dude, you were given a warning to back off but still continue.
I mentioned i'm an atheist to give you an idea of my philosophical
background and how I consider this subject. I'm actually an anti-theist,
yes, even if you proved to me the existence of your god, given
his or her prevelance to sacrifice, alienation of anyone that isn't
in your culture (while I respect your right to your own culture)
the hatred of anyone that isn't from your own race (leviticus,
torrah?) I still refuse to kneel and worship, and if God is an all knowing,
all loving being , he would not expect me to. I deny all gods. You're not responding
to my post, you're using this as a stage to project your already well stated beliefs.
Please , eff off.
edit on 1-1-2013 by DelegateZero88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I am smiling now because you are making sense now. I agree with most of what you said in your last post. It really is not that difficult to make sense. Sometimes you need people like me.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRUELIES11

Atheist people are living in denial.

Yes. Atheists deny the irrational claim that deities exist. So what?

On Topic:
I think we could very well create technology that appears to be godlike to credulous or less developed people.
edit on 1-1-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Sweet Sassy mollassie, folks, can we actually get onto the subject I was talking
about, I want to hear about scientific theories that might prove that true and
personal and philosophical debates about it, for a few moments, can we get over
the religion thing (Unless you have something biblical to say that relates to this situation)
I'm not asking so much am I?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

The claim might sound less useful or illogical to you but think for a minute. Does not your atheistic claim sound that way? In fact, your claim, is less useful and illogical.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRUELIES11

In fact, your claim, is less useful and illogical.

To you it is, I'm sure.
Please go ahead and back your extraordinary theistic claims with the extraordinary proof it demands.
But not here. There are more then enough threads on ATS where you can proof as many Gods as you wish.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Thank you for responding to my post,
But what i'm thinking is the entity that creates
that universe, to the individuals that are within
that, will never know their creator or the reason
for their being. It's really not a matter of education,
or intelligence, the simple fact is it is what is . And
we have no clue of what "it" is.

I realise i'm getting very abstract, but with modern science, we
can learn the what and where, but we have no reason why.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

maybe if nano robots can be made that could modify matter and we had some kind of faster than light transport system – then it’s possible that all matter in the universe could be made part of a network instantly

And if an AI was controlling that network then it would be all knowing (since it has sensors every where) and all powerful since it controls all matter in the universe – by any human measure it would be god

And since we can sort of work out how it might be done then so could an advanced alien civilisation and so it might have already happened

edit on 1-1-2013 by racasan because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2013 by racasan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

The answer to your question is no.. Our technology will never be able to manipulate the Universe, our technology will never become god like and as much our our technology may seem advanced right now, we put it into the most ridiculous things. Our technology right now is dumbing down our people and I don't see that god like... Hooray for Ipads and Computers

edit on 1-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I realise i'm getting very abstract, but with modern science, we can learn the what and where, but we have no reason why.

All you have to do is look in the mirror and you can see why.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

There will be proof and it will be all the change that is needed. There are children living on planet Earth today that will change the civilization faster than ever. I fear sometimes, their parents will not live to see that day, but maybe, that is the price of proof. I certainly hope that is not the case but I have reason to believe it might be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join