It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tests From Above

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Everyone is always continually tested, to build faith, knowledge, and love.

For instance, you pray to Father, and you go to him and ask of him to help you with stop looking at the same/opposite sex in sexual ways. Internally, he will do what is needed with a small measure, as in removing that desire from the mind. Then, he will test you to see if he has done enough, and also see if you will do what is needed on your end. In the coming days, you will be tested. At the grocery store, Father places a woman that will attract you, and he will evaluate what you will do. You see said woman, and you simply start thinking of others things that will occupy your mind, and not occupy your own human desires.

You have passed your tests and Father will now give you more in ways of faith, knowledge, love, or even things that are needed for your daily.

Some may say, God does not tempt. This is true as we are given.

James 1:13-15 13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

Father places you in the path, and he will just evaluate what you will do, will you go right, or will you go left.

What happens when you fail your tests?

For example, Father has it written for you to receive something at a certain time, say it be your pair or a promotion from work. But, you fail your tests in areas of patience, giving into things that are not needed, or simply not doing what he wants you to do.

The event of receiving will still happen, but it will just be pushed back to a later time, until he changes you internally in small instances until you can pass your tests.

It is important to note, that Father will always provide, but it just may be of later now, because of something you did that he needs to work on you on. I have seen many fall away, because they wanted it right now and it did not come. Father is not to blame, but they should have stepped back, and evaluated themselves to see what they could have changed or done differently.

Texts from Scripture

- James 1:13-16 (NKJV) " Let no one say when he is Tempted, "I am Tempted by God"; for God cannot be Tempted by Evil, nor does He Himself Tempt anyone. But each one is Tempted when he is drawn away by his own Desires and Enticed. Then, when Desire has Conceived, it gives Birth to Sin; and Sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth Death. Do Not be Deceived, my beloved brethren."

- Jer 17:10 (NASB) "I, the Lord, search (EXAMINE) the HEART, I TEST THE MIND, Even to give to each man according to his ways, According to the results of his DEEDS."

Rev 2:19-20 Jesus says, “I know ALL the things you DO. I have SEEN your LOVE, your FAITH, your SERVICE, and your PATIENT ENDURANCE. And I can SEE your Constant Improvement in all these things...."

edit on 1-1-2013 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I believe what you posted is true.
Just when one thinks one has "overcome" some flaw, the tests begin.
One is never finished or perfected in faith while in this mortal body.

SnF for a thoughtful and thought-provoking thread.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1PLA1
reply to post by jhill76

I believe what you posted is true.
Just when one thinks one has "overcome" some flaw, the tests begin.
One is never finished or perfected in faith while in this mortal body.

SnF for a thoughtful and thought-provoking thread.

Very true. The mind can think it is ready, but Father is the one who knows when you are ultimately ready.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
you know what dude,

i've had this weird experience, similar what you describe, a young woman (20-25years) standing in front of a big window, upper part of the body exposed...

but firstly it was weird, as if something told me, if you look at that window, your soul will be doomed (didnt had no woman inside the room yet but it was lit) at some time later a tree with x-mas lights outside is blinking on and off (i got this thing with what i see in my field of view, moving - blinking and such i must focus on) so i looked at the lights, and saw something moving in the previous mentioned window, and viola there she was

but wierdly i wasnt atracted to it, was more like shocked at how or what made me look to that window and this thought i had 10-15 minutes before it

now im stuck with this, should i make / send an anonimous letter, saying if they dont know about this window they should cover it up or something, i called the local police actually, asking what the best thing was, but they said something similar

now i read your post, veeeeery similar, and now im even more confused

btw, im not a true..ish believer
edit on 1-1-2013 by pheniks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pheniks

btw, im not a true..ish believer

That is fine, I speak to all.

now im stuck with this, should i make / send an anonimous letter, saying if they dont know about this window they should cover it up or something, i called the local police actually, asking what the best thing was, but they said something similar

You could always do this, think about it. If you did, you could have prevented another from taking more action in ways of harming or fulfilling their own sexual desires.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
thats precisely my thought behind the letter, and to prevent the woman for making her look bad
yeh ill do the letter today

thx m8, feels good talking about it

happy new year ^^

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Father is right. I am not ready for all of the things that he has promised for me. But I am getting closer. Thank you, Jhill76, for your service. You have helped me hear His voice more clearly than in all my life.

Thank you. May His blessings be upon you for all of time, and Glory be to the One True God forever and ever, amen.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheniks
thats precisely my thought behind the letter, and to prevent the woman for making her look bad
yeh ill do the letter today

thx m8, feels good talking about it

happy new year ^^

Yes, I am sure that you will feel good afterwards.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Why don't I ever get tested with beautiful women?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
Why don't I ever get tested with beautiful women?

Maybe you are tested in other areas that need worked on. As this is superficial and I do not know of your intent behind that in which you speak, this is merely a suggestion as to what is.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

It was sort of a joke, but on a serious note, I've always rejected the notion of testing in the religious sense. Such a thing would imply there is a being who demands I be a certain way, and constantly pokes at me to make sure. Doesn't seem very liberating; sounds more like cosmic dictatorship where we're all subject to someone else's will and there's no escape. If I actually thought I was being 'tested', I would fail on purpose, to assert the fact that I am who I am.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Testing, testing, always testing. God is kind of like GLaDOS from Portal. Just, you know, without the evil.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. God doesn't test us because he wants us to be a certain way. He tests us do we can know what way we are, and make adjustments if WE deem it necessary. God can't force us to change any more than we can force an ant out of an anthill. We can take it as far away as we want, but it will still make every attempt to return because that is what it knows. But an ant doesn't have the capacity to understand its place in the universe, so it will not will itself to change. But we do. We change because we want to change. We are always who we want to be and nothing else. If God is testing your faith, it is because you have chosen to have faith in Him. How will you know if you truly have faith or if you are lying to yourself if your faith is never tested?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SpiritofEnoch

Well now, that actually makes sense. But the religious texts don't seem to describe it this way... take for example the fantastic tale of Abraham sacrificing his son on the alter. This story makes it appear that God didn't want a moral being; he just wanted an obedient one, who follows orders indifferent to any sense of conscience/morality. I would argue that the 'real' test in that case was failed - he rejected what was morally right out of fear of a more powerful being.

I like your explanation of tests a lot more than the ancient ones, I guess.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

I was going to reply in a similar fashion to the above poster.

Say for instance, you want to kick the habit of smoking, but you need to be strong in your conviction to not to smoke. Father will help you internally to free your mind of that desire. Then later, he will test you, by way of getting offered a cigarette 3 months later after you than stopped smoking. You decline, and realize that you are stronger in this than you previously thought, as before your mind kept thinking of to smoke.

Even though you are not a believer fully in him, you are helped by him, for various obvious reasons.

(Maybe later you will come to him, maybe later he will use you for a purpose, there are just so many variables here)

He will not always make you to be a certain way, you already have made that choice, he will just help you understand, why you made that choice in the first place, if that makes sense.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Thanks for clarifying.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
reply to post by jhill76

Thanks for clarifying.

Sure. Hopefully I will see you back home.

new topics

top topics

join