It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronauts who talk UFO's will get Alzheimer's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
We all know the Government has crafty ways to silence anyone who speaks on UFO's. The fear is the older our beloved astronauts get they might grow a set of balls, abandon the oath and speak the truth.

Well, it seems they are preparing for that....

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Making quite the leap in conjecture...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
this thread has about as much scientific evidence as my balls have mid 15th century Germanic knowledge.

Space exposes you to radiation, that causes a ton of problems due to it killing cells and causing cells to have strange behaviour. if you look up the amount of diseases/conditions that are caused by cells having strange behaviour or dying you will be there reading for a good few weeks
edit on 1-1-2013 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomeBrew
Making quite the leap in conjecture...

I was gonna say that myself.....

The study seems to be incomplete and others are still testing the results. It also looks to be about deep space, if im not mistaken the radiation would be a bit more severe there than where astronauts have been in the past? I think there are easier ways for nasa to shut someone up. This is stretching a bit I think.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by definity

Can you ask your balls what the second wave of far removed barbaric tribes form the north were thinking when the tried to take on the Kingdom of Hungary?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Space is filled with radiation that can harm people.

more disinfo
edit on 1-1-2013 by tinhattribunal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

While Earth's magnetic field generally protects the planet, once astronauts venture beyond low-Earth orbit, they are constantly bombarded by a shower of dangerous particles known as cosmic rays

So.......why don't they build these ships to generate their own magnetic field?
edit on 1-1-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

"Even in the 65-and-older age group, only 15% of people [with] mild cognitive impairment will go on to develop Alzheimers disease."

link

Damn. Lots of OLD Astronauts we have.........

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

While Earth's magnetic field generally protects the planet, once astronauts venture beyond low-Earth orbit, they are constantly bombarded by a shower of dangerous particles known as cosmic rays

So.......why don't they build these ships to generate their own magnetic field?
edit on 1-1-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

Because any spacecraft, manned or unmanned, is designed around a set of compromises. Generating a magnetic field powerful enough to shield a crew compartment against cosmic radiation is possible, but the equipment is heavy, consumes a large amount of power, and will generate a non-trivial amount of heat. I'm working from memory here (and at my age, that's risky), but if memory serves, putting an extra 1 lb in low orbit adds about 10 lbs to the launch weight of the vehicle. So...a few hundred lbs of cable or mesh to generate the shield, a few hundred lbs for a small nuclear reactor to power it (or a few tons for a couple of football fields' worth of solar panels), and a few hundred pounds for radiators and associated plumbing should give us a decently shielded crew compartment. It will also, unfortunately, mean that we need a Saturn V launch to reach the ISS as all those 'few hundred pounds' items wind up adding several tons to launch weight.

There's also a cost factor. Space flight isn't a cheap undertaking at the best of times, and the bigger your vehicle, the bigger the cost.

Really, this is no different from any other dangerous activity. Eventually, the folks running the show (be it NASA, NASCAR, American Airlines, or McDonalds) decide what level of risk is acceptable, and work within that level of risk. Given the choice of going into space and accepting the risk of cosmic ray exposure, or waiting (decades) until technology would allow the same trip to be made in perfect safety, we decided to go, and the men (and women) who participated in the program knew as much about the risks as the engineers who designed the spacecraft.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Hey guys, you see what happened to Ronald Wilson Reagan

He slipped up mentioning the SW program and got muted ]

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

Astronauts who talk UFO's will get Alzheimer's,

We all know the Government has crafty ways to silence anyone who speaks on UFO's.
fear is the older our beloved astronauts get they might grow a set of balls, abandon the oath and speak the truth.
Well, it seems they are preparing for that....
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Just three words...

WTF?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Don't think about it too hard, you'll only give yourself a headache.

I've never understood the huge raft of conspiracy theories along these lines. If the government wanted somebody silenced, why use the threat of dementia, or some elaborate plot? Why not simply arrange a plausible accident (a home burglary 'gone wrong' where the person to be silenced was shot and killed, a car accident, or even a medication error / poisoning)? I guess They just can't do things the simple way, can They?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

well TLunaticsTB can definately...

1)Poison you with certain heavy metals,opiate based compounds,neurotropic toxins(like amphetamines,SSRI,lsd)
Result: Psychosis,Dementia
2)Poison you with aluminum salts and other neurotoxic compounds
Result:Alzhiemers
3)Potassium/Poison laced darts(like cia's heart attack gun)
Result:Heart attack,Stroke,allergic reaction,pneumonia
4)Radioactive poisons
Result:Cancer,tumors

They saw something that was a high security risk. TPTB won't let them talk about it.

top topics

join