It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong-un calls for end to confrontation with South Korea

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Great thread.

We can only hope.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Anyone heard of a game called Homefront

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Explanation: St*rred!

1stly ...

NK is still suffering because of what they are doing to their OWN people. Has that changed this New Year?

Well since you youself stated ...

You cannot forgive NK for continuing to do this, even for a second.

... it doesn't seem appropriate to try change your mind on the subject.

The video was uploaded to youtube in 2006 which was way back under his fathers regime.

And when I tried to follow it back to the webpage linked as 'find more info here' it lead me straight to a dead end defunct advertizing webpage. (possibly infected)

However ... I agree that things probably haven't changed to much except for the heirarchy itself ... since he is now in charge ... in a godlike capacity due to the propaganda ... and has apparently replaced many of his fathers old political/military advisors with his own ... and they collectively are asking for peace talks through him.

You cannot forgive NK for continuing to do this, even for a second. It validates a dictator ruling the masses.

I certainly can as I have never been personally harmed by NK and as objectionable the long term state of affairs are [which are not of his creation] he clearly wants out of the whole issue he finds himself in and is calling for peace and reunification.

Think of the long term concesequences of that ok.

There is no way the SK is going to give up democracy and republic!

Therefor taking into account that he and possible his close set of recently installed advisors have all gotten a very well NK state funded western education in the west where democracy is far more free and common ...[this is clearly subject to a lot of conjecture on ATS since isn't Obama king of the USA with those executive orders
] ... I can envisage that he is a rational man and a logical person who has been lumped with the job of 'ruler' by the departure of both his elder brothers and with the death of his father ... and he wants to resolve the issue with 'family' aka SK.

This would mean he would be leading his people to a brave new world which would no longer resemble what that video details.

He seems to be implying ... "I don't want to be dictator ... I and my advisors want democracy and reconcilliation as this was our grandparents war and this current reality is just barabaric and silly ... like
they are aiming nukes at us ... wtfh did our grandparents do to each other?
"

An offer. One that would come with a counter offer of something NK would never do. Open the borders, stand down all your troops, and give up power. Will Kim Jong-un do that? You tell me? That is the only way reunification could be accomplished. There is no other way.

I absolutely agree ... but that can happen at a reasonable pace over a reasonable time period that doesnt destabilize his own country and therefor the entire region and therefor his own life, family and possessions and since he is in charge he can help negotiate setting a reasonable pace and time period to the reunification.

He may be the measure of a man who can unite both Koreas into just Korea.

BUT like you said ...

Hes MURDERING his OWN people.

And indeed I read that he had ordered a NK gaurd who was found drunk on duty, during the time period of mourning for his deceased father, to be excuted by mortar fire.

I submit the following speculation on my part ...

1] He is young and didn't expect to get this job and hasn't been groomed much at all.

2] His father had just died and I bet he was very emotional and overcome by both being the new leader and the terrible loss of a dearly beloved family member.

3] The gaurd was drunk on duty during a war and during a nation day of mourning.

That is extreme derilection of duty and could have gotten far more people killed.

Hence the careless and criminal [in a miliatary sense of criminal] gaurd was executed in a very graphic manner.

Because ...

4] He isn't stupid and now knows the full horror of being a prime target for any discontent internal/external agency to assasinate him. [both his elder brothers fled the job prospects]

So he sent a message in the main political language his father taught him.

5] He was expected to live up to the image of his fathers ruthless ruling style very early on and its clear to me that since he has replaced many of them quite early on into his tenure as godlike ruler it seems to me he is now speaking a different tune ... his own tune.

Personal Disclosure: Kim Jong-un ... could be This Boy ...

... when it comes to SK!

So please don't go all helter skelter on me and bug out across the universe as if nothing is going to change your world ok.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

what about budget and welfare cuts across the western and in fact most of the globe we all like to stick our noses into others business, but we can't deal with our own issues people are dying across the globe, example in Britain Poverty is scrubbed under the carpet and the blame put upon us the public I can even say me and my wife have gone hungry before to feed our dependant child I say dependant as the child isn't our own but we have taken her in to raise her work prospects are low I done security labouring Factory and Retail work most being temporary contracts so by the time you go in to the job and the contract ends you have to try and reassess money for rent and food and so forth because of the waiting period for help from the beloved Cameron government, If Kim is making moves to end a war of 60 years then hats of to him he isn't sitting idle he is trying to look out for his people and he isn't folding and bending over to the global community from what I've seen so far he has done good for his people, he is young and fresh and educated so I can see him being in touch with people rather than previous rhetoric good luck to the guy, See what he does next

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Kim Jong Un may want peace, but i can almost guarantee that the Military Officers would have none of that.

Sure. The only non bellicose 'solution' they'd want is unification. But, for South Koreans, that would be a fate worse than war; considering the dire economic state of their northern brethren.

That, and any such conjoinment would only come under a communist / dictatorial banner.

No dice.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
S&F. Kim Jong-Un is looking like Deng Xiaoping at the moment. I wonder if he'll introduce gaige kaifang-like reforms in N Korea.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
There is no one here who wants to be humiliated, and in the Asian culture that is of paramount importance culturally. Kim Jong un is no different. He is from a different generation, regardless the pomp and ceremony of His late Father. The 21st century is upon Him, and isolationism is a far cry from his chosen direction. His resources are few, His people in dire need, His economy in shambles, and I think He recognizes that there is a solution. If the world will calm down on the rhetoric and allow Him to save face and move forward, I believe He will endeavor with all due haste. It's winter there, a severe time for His nation, and also a less boastful time for most of the northern hemisphere. And The northern hemisphere is most of the world economy. In this time of calm, it would be advantageous for Kim to make a move while the world stage is static.

Putin has been careful to present a kinder but strong appearance for Russia, the Chinese government has chosen new leaders, the world appears to be moving away from the failed tactics of the 20th century. Islam is the new bad guy for the world to assign blame to. And technology is moving at unparalleled speed. The era of the haves and have-nots in flux.

Kim has it within His grasp to emerge onto the world stage as a up and coming major player in the Asian economies, and has a population for which mere survival could be exchanged with a newfound prosperity in its future.
Then His people would be 'Smiling' for real, with no coaxing.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
why is everyone wanting reunification so bad? what exactly does south korea gain by this? (besides peace, because they dont need a reunification for that)
it would be a super gain for north koreans sure, but the south koreans would suffer greatly for the burden.

the 2 countries are night and day now. its not as simple as just opening some gates and getting along. this would be more difficult and pointless then combining another 2 nations like mexico and the US

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

With North Korea having a past of more less holding to their agenda w/o much room for debate it is nice to see this type of social peace being presented to the people in the Southern region of Korea. Hopefully in time more advancements can be made to better assist the people of N & S Korea. Which will allow for the people of that region to begin to advance more socially with the rest of the world. Which in the long term may become more socially and technically beneficial for future generations of the Koreas region of EA*RTH.

Nice to see and hear. Good Luck

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CristobalColonic

And ...

reply to post by Bisman

Explanation: St*rred!

Great questions ...

What does SK get out of it ...

Ima 'borrow' the picture from schuyler's post (pg4 of this thread) [St*rred btw] ...

... and I am going to exclaim .. JUST LOOK AT HOW MUCH UNMINED AND UNTAPPED RESOURCES ARE THERE!

NK is not poor ... it is just UN sanctions and I notice that China and or Russia could of easily helped NK out instead of ALSO keeping them in the cold and dark.

NK supplies room for SK to expand into as far as real estate, tourism and mining etc.

SK supplies NK technical expertise, geewizz gadgetry and access to western banking and investment partners in reunification.

China , France or Russia supply the nuke reactor etc.

Germany supplies green power.

Both sides agree to drop all war reperations claims.

NK gets power and money and can then feed and warm its hard working industrous populace and upgrade its infrastructure.

This potentially makes the place look very valuable to potential global investors and such a finacial influx of large swaths of cash flowing will liquidize the frozen NK economy and there could very well be a massive economic boom as a result of that.

Personal Disclosure: They can trade bullets and bombs or goods and services!

edit on 2-1-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix broken bbcode.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

That is realy nice idea... I have read somewhere that they had the joined team for some of Olimpic Games, or that was only the joined trainings for? 1992, or? I can not find anything about that on web, now.

This, I was 12...

And this...

edit on 2-1-2013 by dragnik because: addition

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I played homefront, and holy #. That is just wow, lol maybe the homefront creators know something we don't lmao. Still weird though that they predicted the calling of peace between the two nations.

Edit, I still don't trust them. There's more motive there than just what has been stated. I hope that they're moving towards a more peaceful way of life and opening up their borders to the world but I just don't man.
edit on 2-1-2013 by Preacher76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Do you think Kim Jong-Un might actually be using this New Year as a chance to turn his country around and come together with their South Korean brethren?

This is just my gut speaking, but I have to say no. Something about it just don't feel right. I mean, wasn't he just a short time ago braging about having a nuke? Missles that could reach the US?
If he's calling for an end to the confortation, I say be very careful.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I wouldn't trust any Communist Military leader. Has he pledged to drop all Communist leanings and policies? Have we forgotten that his friends in the Communist Party protested Hollywood making N Korea the bad guy in the remake of Red Dawn?

Still, I suppose one can hope that Kim will give up Communism and go for free enterprise. Maybe if N Korea will do that, the Commies running about the US will follow suit.
Or is it a Trojan Horse of Globalism?

edit on 2-1-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Preacher76

Brilliant game I asked if any had heard of homefront on page 4 they predicted the death of the leader and he died roughly around the exact time and the satellite launch and with the moves Kimmy is making he is going to do good for the economy it will be interesting to see if reunification did occur even though its a game and not prophecy it is more accurate than most.............

the sequel is due out in 2014 November time I think

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Homefront rocks! It is pretty scary how its playing out now. I can't see SK going communism but I can see what's left of American manufacturing going there for really, really cheap labor. I mean come on those greedy Chinese want 50 cents an hour now!

Bill

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
He took the first step for real peace. The U.S. gov needs to recognise that and reward him for that. Maybe he wants something better for his people? Is noone else in the world allowed to launch a sattelite? I guess the U.S. gov thinks they own space too? I say give him a chance. Things cannot change over night, only time will tell if he takes the chain off his people. Let's see where this goes, and if it's all a buncha B.S. then we'll not play nice ever again. He will never be trusted again.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Has he pledged to drop all Communist leanings and policies?

North Korea is guided by Juche Ideology, which is basically similar to liberty. You can find out more about it at www.korea-dpr.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fylgje
He took the first step for real peace. The U.S. gov needs to recognise that and reward him for that. Maybe he wants something better for his people? Is noone else in the world allowed to launch a sattelite? I guess the U.S. gov thinks they own space too? I say give him a chance. Things cannot change over night, only time will tell if he takes the chain off his people. Let's see where this goes, and if it's all a buncha B.S. then we'll not play nice ever again. He will never be trusted again.

How on earth is this a "first step for real peace"?

If he wanted that, he could have just travelled to South Korea and given them an unconditional peace treaty that they will be unable to refuse or loose face in front of every other goverment. Open the borders, remove censoring, invite industry and start dismantling the military.

But then again, that's probably the first step to revolution and war. I'm not so sure he has much to say about it, he's probably a puppet to the military bosses.
edit on 4-1-2013 by merka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join