It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong-un calls for end to confrontation with South Korea

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Explanation: Uhmmm?

He is 'new' to the 'job' and he has only just spoken those words.

He is western educated and is probably one of the only people from inside his own country with such an insight into both his own country and the west.

How about you cut the guy some slack eh.

Personal Disclosure: Do you know how long it takes to draw up and draw down a freaking army?!
:shk:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Cant cut him "Slack".

Hes MURDERING his OWN people.

Lets give him and his ilk another half of country to burn, rape, and pillage?

Let him make his half a UTOPIA. Then Talk Unification......

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

edit on 1-1-2013 by sonnny1 because: double post

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Kim Jong-un is not his father and I say we give him the benefit of doubt until he proves otherwise. Let's see what comes of this.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Explanation: And like your country doesn't do the same!

Shall I bring up the potus Executive Order's on 'taking out' US citizens?

Personal Disclosure: Your own country hardly seems 'unified' currently ... let alone a 'utopia'!

Shall I bring up all those petitions to seceed from the oh how the mighty have fallen 'United States of America' ?

Pot ... Meet Kettle!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

This Country might not be a Utopia, but..............

You can ALWAYS move to North Korea and wait for Unification. I dare you! Go give him his slack! Do it! Put that Fiat Money where your mouth is!

And with that, the LONG delay of you posting for a few years..............

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
"All warfare is based on DECEPTION (emphasis mine)." Sun Tzu
I would not lower my guard if I were the South Korean military.
edit on 1-1-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Nice words.....Actions speak louder.

This is the second half of the message.....The first was the (apparently successful) long range ballistic missile test.

It'll be interesting to see how the west responds.
edit on 1-1-2013 by squarehead666 because: Clarity

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Kim Jong un calls for end to confrontation with South Korea eh

Actions speak louder than words and we all know what those actions have said.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Was it not Kim Jong-un that made an officer stand on an X and while he dropped a mortar on his head for getting drunk during Daddy's official mourning period? Perhaps he is not such a nice kid.............

He wants democracy? I don't think so. He wants to get free food and continue to use his own resources to let him build his evil army of micro-minions......

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Ha! I will start listening when he frees the prisoners in the various death camps and shuts them down for good. Oh and elections are long overdue....

Until North Korea is freed I wont take anything they say with a pinch of salt.
Hell I would not trust Kimmy to change my cat's litter tray
He would probably nuke it!!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thudpuddy

I hear you!

I am suspicious, yet I have a little kernal of hope that this guy maybe different and wan ts to end the division.Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I see they had a new years firework display for the very first time too. Times they are a changing.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Actually, I have no idea what you are on about. What actions?

The ones where they advance their technology along with the rest of the world? How evil... They must be stopped!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It is North Korea, they do this all the time. Talk nice get aid, then so they do not look weak for taking aid they kill a few South Koreans. Rinse and repeat.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Apparently one of the platforms South Korea's new president ran on was to reestablish friendly communications with N. Korea...

South Korea's president-elect, Park Geun-hye, was elected on a platform of restarting talks with the North if it committed to placing denuclearisation on the agenda. Mr Kim's reference in the speech to previous inter-Korean joint declarations may highlight the North's desire to re-establish joint economic projects and humanitarian aid cancelled in the wake of the North's most recent attacks on its Southern neighbour -- the sinking of the corvette Cheonan and the deadly shelling of Yeonpyeong Island in 2010.
Link

I think it'll definitely be a test of both countries' diplomacy considering Jong-Un stated he wanted N. Korea to grow in the modernization of weapons. Hopefully it doesn't result in more back and forth nonsense.

I'd love to see both North and South come together as one country. They need to hug it out.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IntelRetard

Really? I find that hard to believ. People sneaking out of NK and sneaking back in? Sorry, it's just not likely. It maybe has happened, but it would be even harder to sneak in, and they would face the possibility of being turned in by everyone they tried to give info to as the population is brainwashed and would probably want whatever reward they might receive. Not to mention the danger of being caught would be higher coming in and the punishment outrageous.

Sorry nothing personal, I just doubt anyone sneaking out is sneaking back in. I've actually heard refugees feel so alienated and out of place that they often are not happy on the outside, better off, but not fitting in.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JWash
I know I'll get flamed on but. . . This is beginning to sound much like that 'Homefront' video game trailer.

- 2012: Kim Jong Il dies
- 2012: Kim Jong Un takes power
- 2013: Kim Jong Un delivers speech on Reunification of the two Koreas (through Industrial & Economics)
- 2014-2015: Reunification of the two Koreas occurs
- 2015 - 2022: U.S. continues its downward spiral & eventually collapses. . .

Just when the US overtakes Russia to become the worlds largest producer of Natural Gas; only to be followed a few years later to overtake Saudi Arabia to be the worlds largest producer of oil? If anything, the US is about to enter a new golden age of economic prosperity. I do not see a collapse on the horizon.

U.S. to Overtake Saudi Arabia, Russia as World's Top Energy Producer

In an indication of how "fracking" is reshaping the global energy picture, the International Energy Agency today projected that the United States will overtake Saudi Arabia as the world's largest oil producer by 2017.

And within just three years, the United States will unseat Russia as the largest producer of natural gas.

Natural Gas demand set to surpass oil as main source of fuel in US by 2030

Meanwhile, China will have to settle with getting most of its energy needs from the Middle East. Whilst Europe will depend on the US and Russia for its energy needs.
edit on 1-1-2013 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Explanation: Why should I move ... I am in Australia and OL is an Australian.

1stly I PERSONALLY believe that Oz is ANNEXED by the USA ... due to places all Aussie politicians can't go [pine gap] and due to US Marines being stationed in Darwin.

If you agree that Oz is annexed then yes by default I am an american ... in which case why didn't I get a vote in the recent USA federal elections? [please answer this via u2u ok .. no need to derail this thread]

If you don't agree that Oz is annexed by the USA ... then I don't need to go anywhere!

2ndly OL is a 'BITTER COMMUNIST' ... as a commie I don't believe in fiat currency .. I don't believe in money at all. And I am bitter because I don't like communism .. I'd rather be an anarcho capitalist .. without the capitalism!

I believe in 'self sufficency' which KILLS trade and economies ok.

3rdly Giving somebody an opportunity does not mean one has to join them.

4th I am in no way asking anybody to forget the past history involved ... but I do suggest that some forgiveness be employed.

5th It is neither up to the USA or Australia, or any other non Korean countries, to agree or not agree!

It is an offer by NK extended to SK ... and although we get to discuss it on ATS ... neither of our countries has any legitimate direct say in the outcomes.

Personal Disclosure: You may remember this song ...

All I am saying is ... GIVE PEACE A CHANCE!

So how about that?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This is an interesting statement from Kim Jong Un. One assumes his father's and grandfather's backers are on the same page with him. If so, his statement would not be made lightly and would carry the backing of some of the most powerful military men in the region. It will be interesting to see what the follow up to this is and whether Uncle Sam gets involved in telling South Korea what to do next.

A draw down of tension in the region is long overdue and would be welcomed by everyone, each for his own reasons. This will have to go forward like porcupines making love, very carefully.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join