page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Kim Jong-un calls for end to confrontation with South Korea

www.guardian.co.uk

Kim Jong-un has called for an end to confrontation between North and South Korea, technically still at war in the absence of a peace treaty to end their 1950-53 conflict, in a surprise New Year's Day speech broadcast on state media.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
For the first time in 19 years, a North Korean leader gave a New Year's address to the public.

Could the North be calling, quietly, for aid from the South? It seems like this could be a possibility considering North Korea has consistently struggled to provide for it's 24 million starving people.

Unfortunately it seems experts are saying that even though the speech seemed optimistic, the regime's position may not have changed.

Do you think Kim Jong-Un might actually be using this New Year as a chance to turn his country around and come together with their South Korean brethren?

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

___________________________________________________________________________________________

In another article, Huffington Post, Kim Jong-Un apparently made a lot of high profile miltary/governmental changes, wanting to...

"make a fundamental turnabout in their ideological viewpoint, work style and attitude."

He also pushed for the development of more advanced weapons, a "revolution" in science and technology and reunification with "compatriots" in South Korea, which elected a president last month who has vowed to open dialogue with Pyongyang after five years of tense ties.

edit on 1-1-2013 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Interesting, are we observing the start of the "second" Berlin Wall falling

Wonder how the U.N. is feeling about this, since they started this whole fiasco in the first place

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Yeah, joining the Global-Community wouldn't be a bad idea.

Good on him if it's for the right reasons.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I hope it's for the right reasons as well. Maybe they're realizing it's time to lay down their arms and set aside differences. They might be able to finally accomplish their goals (which could be good...or bad).

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

I would hope that "Lil' Kim" is ready to make peace with South Korea but having a suspicious mind I cannot help but wonder if this could possibly be a ploy to get South Korea to relax their guard while he plots some kind of attack.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

I bet this message is not heard in the west.
Think about it we need a bad guy and this country fits the bill. We are in a recession and need a way out.

Our leaders do not have peace in mind they never did. War is profit.

Personally I would open up talks as soon as possible and open up the north to the world and let peace grow. This leader is young and I bet he knows the west needs a enemy at some point to get out of this hole.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Has any one learned anything about North Korea yet. They do a missile test to get attention. Then they say they are building a nuke and will stop if we give them food. Then when the aide package runs out they start the process over.
edit on 1-1-2013 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Well Jong is different to his father he studied in the west I think in Switzerland so he has seen how other countries work and treat their people. I think he is A lot less patriotic than his father was, may be he has realised that his nation is slowly falling to pieces and actually needs help.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
not very milestone-ish.
North Korea is hardly a threat to South Korea
There's also american troops on the border protecting SK

Also SK invests in military while NK's budget is mostly spent on oppressing it's people.
nonsense!

He should call for the end of all wars rather!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I hoped this might happen with a new leader , but I'm still worried and suspicious . From what I've heard of the North Korean military if he doesn't play this right he might suffer a terrible accident .

Lets all hope that everything goes well .

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by definity
Well Jong is different to his father he studied in the west I think in Switzerland so he has seen how other countries work and treat their people. I think he is A lot less patriotic than his father was, may be he has realised that his nation is slowly falling to pieces and actually needs help.

If he made the right choice in the near future he could actually be a international hero. He would remain very rich and be a popular speaker the world over. If he just let the wall come down it would be a win for him and his people.

Think about how strong Korea would be unified and under Democracy. They would be a world powerhouse and just like Germany after the wall came down they would do great.

He is about to make the choice the next year will be huge for Korea.
edit on 1-1-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I won't be surprised if the U.S. then says, "no thank-you" it would be typical, although Obama may be okay with this, so we'll see what the U.S.'s response to this is.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Jules
I won't be surprised if the U.S. then says, "no thank-you" it would be typical, although Obama may be okay with this, so we'll see what the U.S.'s response to this is.

I hate to tell ya the president has no real power. The real power is with the evil banks who fund the endless wars. IMF......Federal reserves.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Fire a rocket.
Launch a satellite.
Ask for peace.

Why don't I trust this guy. Sounds like something this guy would do.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I know I'll get flamed on but. . . This is beginning to sound much like that 'Homefront' video game trailer.

- 2012: Kim Jong Il dies
- 2012: Kim Jong Un takes power
- 2013: Kim Jong Un delivers speech on Reunification of the two Koreas (through Industrial & Economics)
- 2014-2015: Reunification of the two Koreas occurs
- 2015 - 2022: U.S. continues its downward spiral & eventually collapses. . .

"All the Korean compatriots in the North, South and abroad should launch a dynamic struggle to carry out to the letter the June 5 Joint Declaration and the October 4 Declaration," Kim said, referring to inter-Korean declarations signed under the South's two previous liberal administrations.

Kim called them "great reunification programs common to the nation in the new century and milestones for peace and prosperity," according to KCNA's English script.

Kim also urged his country and the South to prioritize "the great national cause of reunifying the country" and said "by holding fast to the ideals of independence, peace and friendship, we will, in the future too, strive to develop relations of friendship and cooperation with the countries that are friendly to our country."

"Agriculture and light industry remain the major fronts for economic construction this year," Kim was quoted as saying. "All economic undertakings for this year should be geared to effecting a radical increase in production, and stabilizing and improving the people's living standards."

YonhapNews

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
If Kim Jong-un is smart he will get the ball rolling now. His watch "will" be the one to see an orchestrated effort for a true revolution. Many who have snuck out are sneaking back in and letting the populace know what exists outside.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
And EVERYONE else in that region believes in what he says?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I agree with Beezzer, something just seems off about it. Just a couple weeks ago he launched a satelite that actually made it and now he's calling for peace with South Korea. After the decades of poking at one another.

Personally I thought the only way these two could resolve their issue was through war. Glad to see things are changing around for once.

Good read.

-SAP-
edit on 1-1-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
maybe that 'Kim Jong-Un Man of the Year' story was real.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join