It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems "FiscalCliff" ConGame: $1 in Spending Cuts for Every $41 in Tax Increases, More Taxes to Come

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yep.

Its easier that way.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I'm not paying until I get a record of exactly where my money is going because I feel the money is being squandered. Where else can you give someone money and have no idea what you paid for?

When I go to china llc aka walmart I get a reciept for my money spent. Where is our receipts for our taxes. I don't want grand totals I want individual transactions. Not every one of my dollars goes to fund the roads and I want my reciept to reflect that.
edit on 1-1-2013 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Then let's do it. I'm down for letting my goverment and fellow Americans know I am upset.
edit on 1-1-2013 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

I am awake brother.

Im waiting for a million of us Patriots walking down to Congress, with our weapons.

We don't even have to fire a shot.......

edit on 1-1-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)
If you wait you will wait forever. If you don't want to fire a shot. Hit them where it really hurts. Stop giving them your money.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

You can get out of it. If you are 1099 or self employed, just don't pay. If you have a regular job, max out your exemptions to 10 or 20 or more and then don't file. We have to starve this beast. When will you stand?

You sir are correct!!! Not sure the exact number, but if you max out your exemptions, the money stops flowing into their greedy paws! If only everyone would do it........but we all know how that goes, don't we?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
No deal is better than a bad deal.

I suppose the forced sequestration of defense and all the Bush cuts expiring frightened even the Democrats. This supposed deal doesn't make any sense. How does it address a debt problem while all it does is continue deficits?
-Oh right. We can print more and just promise to pay it back. Lets increase that debt ceiling again. Why even call it a ceiling? Call it the unending expansion of debt.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Personally, I think if the people REALLY make demands, show of force, something will have to change.

Now marching on Congress? That sets precedence. It also can be delivered with a message. A strong one. Showing up in Person, a few million people would, I believe.

Not saying that the Tax thing wouldn't work either. Combo of both, perhaps?

"In a recent conversation with an official at the Internal Revenue Service, I was amazed when he told me that 'If the taxpayers of this country ever discover that the IRS operates on 90% bluff the entire system will collapse' ." ~ Henry Bellmon Governor of Oklahoma, US Senator (R-OK)
edit on 1-1-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Don't Re-elect A Single Incumbent.
reply to post by beezzer

Easier said than done. The only way that can remotely happen is if there was a grass roots national campaign to get voters to jump on board to vote them out of office. Could happen, but I won't hold my breath.

I really think the only way to get the attention of law makers is having a mass protest outside the congressional building for weeks. Just like the Vietnam protests back in the 60's. The public has to start showing their dissatisfaction for our elected officials. Talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words. I've always said, you won't see it happen until it starts to affect the pocket book of the majority of Americans.

Politicians love to talk about giving raises to teachers based upon accountability, maybe they should do the same and put their money where their mouth is.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by beezzer
Sorry, had to offer a possible correction.
It's no longer taxes, nor "revenue".
It's "tribute".

Ah the levity we induce in this nonsense! Beez-nees......I cry myself to sleep.....
Post Script:
I wonder where all the marxists are to come and say this is needed. That we need to soak the "rich"! That "we" lost (well, the we part is true) the election and need to do this.
edit on 1-1-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

There is, of course, the possibility that many of us saw when Boehner first appeared ready to give-in to Obamam and let him take the fall when the economy goes bottom-up. By giving the "progressives" their "tax the rich" and "fairness" demands, they will be forced to address spending or take 100% blame for returning us to recession -- and worse.

AN OPTIMISTIC TAKE ON THE “CLIFF” DEAL

For the last four years, the Obama administration has run up unprecedented deficits, adding more than $4 trillion to the national debt. How has President Obama justified such profligacy? He has been a broken record: his mantra is that we just need to increase taxes on the “wealthy,” … and then everything will be fine. He has never offered any other plan either to raise revenue, or to control spending. Raising taxes on upper-income taxpayers is the only card in his deck.

President Obama …has gotten his way: marginal income tax rates on high earners are being restored to Clintonian levels (assuming the House goes along). Isn’t that, for the Democrats, an ominous development? Their call for higher taxes on the rich was never a serious policy proposal; it was always sheer demagoguery. It was a politically popular way to deflect all meaningful talk about the budget.

But what happens now that Obama has gotten his way? It will soon become apparent that the … the tax increases that Obama has been demanding for four years, makes hardly a dent in the deficit.

We will continue to run up deficits of close to $1 trillion a year, and the national debt will continue to grow, as Obama has always intended. This fact can’t be hidden; it will be reported. Journalists who have pulled their punches in the past because they wanted Obama to be re-elected will now begin to ask, what are we going to do about the deficit and the debt?

All of this is another way of saying that, with the Democrats’ BS about raising taxes on the rich out of the way, we can have a rational debate about the country’s fiscal future. And that is a debate the GOP can win, as most voters continue to believe that it is better to cut spending than to raise taxes on them. So let’s not despair: the post-cliff landscape may well prove favorable to the sorts of reforms that have been impossible for the last four years.

www.powerlineblog.com...

Some news outlets are now reporting that the House will vote tonight, up or down.

After hours of delay, the House was moving late Tuesday toward giving its approval to the bipartisan, Senate-passed legislation to handle the most severe consequences of the "fiscal cliff" that onset this morning.
The House was preparing to allow an up-or-down vote as soon as tonight on the new proposal, which passed the Senate 89-8 in a 1:53 a.m. vote. The proposal would allow taxes to rise on individual income over $400,000 and household income over $450,000, while staving off a series of automatic spending cuts — known as the "sequester" — for two months.

nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com...

Maybe Obama will have to talk about spending or take a real political fall. either way, the Country will come out ahead.

jw

edit on 1-1-2013 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It's 1991 all over again. Read my lips no new taxes.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

For a long time we here in ATS has been warning that the biggest scam on the American people will come dress with in sheep clothes under Obamacare.

Regardless of the mantra of taxing the rich is not such thing as taxing the rich, as they careless because they can afford accountants and lawyers to find the loopholes that we the working class could never enjoy.

The taxes are for everybody, wake up sheep we all are going to be taxes, already this taxes were added to Obamacare and more are to be make before the whores in congress finish their so call financial cliff fixing that is just another scam

Payroll taxes increases are for everybody no just for the rich.

The working class paychecks are going to get a lot smaller next year and the years to come after that.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
UPDATE, 11:35 P.M.

House passes bill to avert 'fiscal cliff'

Ending weeks of uncertainty, the House voted late Tuesday on a Senate-passed bill designed to blunt massive take hikes and spending cuts.
WASHINGTON — After a weekend of negotiation and brinkmanship, the House voted late Tuesday to pass a Senate bill that averts $600 billion in tax hikes and spending cuts known as the "fiscal cliff."
The vote, 257-167, came after a day of meetings among disgruntled GOP House members who felt the Senate had handed them a bill with substantial revenue measures but not enough cuts in spending. The Senate had formally adjourned after handing the bill to the House, complicating the fate of the bill. House Republicans had threatened to send the bill back to the Senate with requested changes, busting the deadline for when the hikes kicked in.
Earlier in the day, the Senate-approved plan also ran headlong into opposition from the No. 2 House Republican.
"I do not support the bill," House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va., told reporters after Republicans held a lengthy closed-door meeting to gauge support for the compromise. Participants in the extraordinary New Year's Day meeting said there was widespread criticism that the bill did not contain enough spending cuts.

news.msn.com...

Will this force Dems and Obama to address spending now, or will they just come back with their hands out for more of their "fair share?"

Guard your wallets!
They're coming after whatever's left theu didn't get this time around.

jw

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
There won't be any spending cuts of any significance either, at least not to the tune of a balanced budget. Which means the debt ceiling will have to be either revised upward or removed altogether. If there are no takers for the new bonds issued, the Federal Reserve will buy them introducing new money into the system to the tune of the bonds bought. This will obviously lead to inflation and the existing bond holders will try to get rid of them. Quite likely the Federal Reserve will buy them up too leading to even larger volume of money introduced into the system leading to even greater inflation.

There is no realstic alternative to the above scenario, assuming the continuance of existing structures.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Time for the rating agencies to do their business and downgrade the US a few notches.

This is totally ridiculous.

Boehner should also be kicked out as leader of the house and someone sane who will block everything until deficit 0, Obama impeachment, overturning all those unconstitutional police state laws, abolishing the FED and Homeland Security and the troops withdrawl from around the world should be put in for some real change.

Voting for one puppet or another as president won't change anything. The leader of the house with a strong backing can do much more than the president.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Easier said than done. The only way that can remotely happen is if there was a grass roots national campaign to get voters to jump on board to vote them out of office. Could happen, but I won't hold my breath.

It really isn't though. It starts chiefly at your local level. The more people involved and knowledgeable within a republic, the better off it is. As of now, the People, en large, feel they have no connection or duty to be involved within politics. Once liberty loving, self governing, free peoples get it in their minds that they can't remain on the sidelines in a free society, it becomes easier; relatively.

The public has to start showing their dissatisfaction for our elected officials. Talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words. I've always said, you won't see it happen until it starts to affect the pocket book of the majority of Americans.

Agreed but cannot be done sitting the fence as so many of the People do. Rather than the 3 people running for an office, imagine when the incumbent is faced with 10, 15 or 30 people vying for that spot. Stop letting party politics dictate your vote and your ultimately, your political free speech.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
they are nothing but communist mobsters bank and fund robbing bastards.with a dual ctizenship runn away card.they look above any avarage citizen as a stupid peasent and with a treath of military and police force.,,,,who am i kidding?they are not going anywere,they will killl who stands up,that simple.why?cause we are so stupid arguing over this or that, devided.so any small group is controlable. example are these latest conquest overseas.and if you think they wont go there,you are mistaken.they just keep the glove on for as long as posible.or did they not handle well ows?i think what people need to realize is,we are already in a dictatorship,he just has many faces so he cant be spoted. we go to jail,he gets pardon,, we get taxed,he gets bailed out,,we get called posible terrorist,he gets called a hero,,we get insecure future,he gets royalty,,we get a policeman after the crime,they get body guards. now,who the hell made them god?they proclaim it with actions,we proclaim servitude with actions as well.and if anybody thinks i just posted errors pleaze enlighten me.them pictures of obamas smirks over the story sold to the public?lets have some dignaty.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I think that at $25,000 a year in earnings, a $42 dollar increase is far from major... This coulda been so much worse.. I think they did quite well considering the problems facing us today.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp
reply to post by jdub297

I think that at $25,000 a year in earnings, a $42 dollar increase is far from major... This coulda been so much worse.. I think they did quite well considering the problems facing us today.

I have no idea what that means.

The increased withholding, alone, will take $500 of that $25,000. This ignores the increaseed costs of food, energy, et c., as producers pass their increased burdens on to consumers.
This, too, ignores the increased costs and taxes attendant to Obamacare coming into play.

I don't see any good coming from this, as Obama has made his intentions clear that this is only the FIRST of more tax increases to finance his "transformation" of America.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

reply to post by jdub297

I have no idea what that means.

The increased withholding, alone, will take $500 of that $25,000. This ignores the increaseed costs of food, energy, et c., as producers pass their increased burdens on to consumers.
This, too, ignores the increased costs and taxes attendant to Obamacare coming into play.

I don't see any good coming from this, as Obama has made his intentions clear that this is only the FIRST of more tax increases to finance his "transformation" of America.

With my low income, I am having to pay $42 bucks more a year with the new tax policy. I'm also getting MORE money back for my earned income tax credit. So in fact, I'm about $800 better off then I was last year.

I understand you don't see any good coming from this. But perhaps your young and haven't reliezed yet that taxes almost NEVER go down. It's never 'good'. Heh..

But all said and done. Considering the tanking of the dollar and the inevitable major inflation issues we've had to endure and will continue to have too. 42 bucks ain't bad... Dig it?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

reply to post by jdub297

You are not looking at it right. A person making $25,000/year is making gross, per month, $2083. They will see that additional $42 dollars come out of that, not the $25,000. It may seem small, but it isn't. Ask that $25,000 person if they couldn't use an additional $500 at the end of the year.

This isn't to also show that their employer will also be matching that additional $42, providing his employer with less capital for their business. It isn't good. None of it.
edit on 2-1-2013 by ownbestenemy because: Fixed "week" to "month" sorry. My mistake.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join