It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems "FiscalCliff" ConGame: $1 in Spending Cuts for Every $41 in Tax Increases, More Taxes to Come

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by neo96

Except...its sitting in the House so none of that is effective; yet. Just because it passed in the Senate doesn't mean it is going to coast through the House.

Pretty sure it will both house and senate are more concerned with their jobs than the future of this country.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I agree.

These people care about their Jobs. They also know that the American Public is unwilling to kick them ALL out.
"We the People" are not bright. Yes, I said it.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

reply to post by neo96

Except...its sitting in the House so none of that is effective; yet. Just because it passed in the Senate doesn't mean it is going to coast through the House.

Pretty sure it will both house and senate are more concerned with their jobs than the future of this country.

To that I agree. Boehner, Reid, McConnell and Obama were just finding where they can square the blame away. My guess further threats of loss of committee assignments will be handed down by Lord Boehner.

Best case scenario at this moment is some representatives can garner some amendment support to kick it back to the Senate. Other than that, its all a joke.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

To that I agree. Boehner, Reid, McConnell and Obama were just finding where they can square the blame away. My guess further threats of loss of committee assignments will be handed down by Lord Boehner.

That's funny thought it was trash handed down by lord Obama his way or the highway.

Best case scenario at this moment is some representatives can garner some amendment support to kick it back to the Senate. Other than that, its all a joke.

Or Nirbu striking Washington is the best case scenario cause it is always the same stupid different day in DC..

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Honestly? Who did not see this coming?
Taxes raised on those who make more than 450,000 which is small business owners who are the largest employers of Americans.
The pay roll tax cut supposedly expires wonder if that means the middle class will start paying 6% again instead of the 4%.
Capital gains went up to 20% which includes money markets,mutual funds, and pension funds even the middle class has those up to the first (forget the amount).
The estate tax is now 40% which is double taxation. up to 10 million more middle class tax hikes.
The we have obama care kicking in which whiped out anything those "genius" just signed.

Apparently, even the MSM have decided that they can't hide or fudge to help Obama:

Mark Vitner ... at Wells Fargo, said he expects budget policy ... to shave 0.8 percentage points off economic growth in 2013.
The biggest hit to the economy is expected to come from the end of a two-year Social Security tax cut. The so-called payroll tax is scheduled to bounce back up to 6.2 percent from 4.2 percent in 2011 and 2012, amounting to a $1,000 tax increase for someone earning $50,000 a year.

"Even with this deal, fiscal policy will still be a net drag on economic growth," Vitner said. "The expiration of the payroll tax holiday will reduce after-tax income for all workers and hit lower to middle income families the hardest."

Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody's Analytics, calculates that the higher payroll tax will reduce economic growth by 0.6 percentage points in 2013.

US may skirt 'fiscal cliff' but faces higher taxes

abcnews.go.com...
CNN: Your paycheck is likely to shrink
HuffPo: 2013 Tax Rates To Rise, Even With Fiscal Cliff Deal

Aren't we all happy now?

jw

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
What in the hell happened to principles and values? Our "public servants" have taken it upon themselves to loot the treasury and stuff their fat faces with the products of OUR labour!

Dems, republicans, even Tea Party politicians are nothing more than pampered royalty vomiting sound bytes to appease the masses.

I had faith. I still do, but not with the bloated toads that fatten themselves while we dance to their tune!

I still have faith in the Constitution, and the American people who will hopefully see through the bleating of these disgusting liars and manipulators!

Forgive the rant, but I just had to state my disgust!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Preach it lil' bunny! "Taxpayers", with a growing willingness from their political representation have solidified their place at the public through and exclusive access to the treasury. The last act of any empire indeed is to loot the treasury.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I was going to post this story and link to the OP, but the ATS editors wouldn't allow it; so, here's the story that 1st caught my attention on this:

... President Barack Obama vowed Monday to seek additional revenue next year alongside spending cuts.
Obama made clear that he would demand additional revenue as part of any package next year.
“Revenues have to be part of the equation in turning off the sequester, as well as spending cuts,” Obama said.

Obama's Call for More Revenue Next Year Angers GOP Senators

It would seem to me that Obama and the "Progressives" are well along on the way to "the end of partisanship." Soon, the only dividing ideology will be whether you have your wallet out, or your hand out.

"How's that 'Hopey, Changie Thing' Workin' Out for Ya?"

jw

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I love that line....more revenue. I guess $2.9 trillion in taxes (from all sources).....er revenue is not enough to fund the proper and valid governmental function. What an crock.

2011 Tax Receipts: $2.9 trillion in direct "revenue"
2011 Spending: $3.6 trillion

Yep...seems like a revenue problem and nothing to do with the gluttonous, grotesque, out of control, ridiculously asinine use of public monies....
edit on 1-1-2013 by ownbestenemy because: Sorry it was 3.6 not 3.8 all is well now!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

reply to post by jdub297

I love that line....more revenue. I guess $2.9 trillion in taxes (from all sources).....er revenue is not enough to fund the proper and valid governmental function. What an crock.

2011 Tax Receipts: $2.9 trillion in direct "revenue"
2011 Spending: $3.6 trillion

Yep...seems like a revenue problem and nothing to do with the gluttonous, grotesque, out of control, ridiculously asinine use of public monies....
edit on 1-1-2013 by ownbestenemy because: Sorry it was 3.6 not 3.8 all is well now!

Sorry, had to offer a possible correction.

It's no longer taxes, nor "revenue".

It's "tribute".

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The Senate is pleased by your definition.

Hail!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Sorry, had to offer a possible correction.

It's no longer taxes, nor "revenue".

It's "tribute".

Ah the levity we induce in this nonsense! Beez-nees......I cry myself to sleep.....

Post Script:
I wonder where all the marxists are to come and say this is needed. That we need to soak the "rich"! That "we" lost (well, the we part is true) the election and need to do this.
edit on 1-1-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

True! Where are those that would relish the "spoils of class war"?

I wonder when the great unwashed will start seeing the benefits of Obama's "Largesse"?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You don't have to believe it.

You don't have to acknowledge it.

But you WILL be part of it.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You and I have been beating that drum for quite some time now.

It sucks being right, doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

One day Beez..........

One day people will HAVE to wake up!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by beezzer

One day Beez..........

One day people will HAVE to wake up!

I have. When will you wake up and stand up? If you are awake, why do you permit this?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I am awake brother.

Im waiting for a million of us Patriots walking down to Congress, with our weapons.

We don't even have to fire a shot.......

edit on 1-1-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

This is a fight with many fronts. Don't think that people aren't fighting for values and principles elsewhere in other fashions,.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

I am awake brother.

Im waiting for a million of us Patriots walking down to Congress, with our weapons.

We don't even have to even fire a shot.......

Now we all know why they want to ban guns.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join