It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems "FiscalCliff" ConGame: $1 in Spending Cuts for Every $41 in Tax Increases, More Taxes to Come

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Did anyone notice yesterday that Barack Obama took to the airwaves to acknowledge that while taxes were going up on "the 1%," there was going to a call for MORE tax increases in 2013 to fund his unfettered spebdibg agenda?

With less than 12 hours to go until the United States dove off the fiscal cliff, the President took the podium to make a public service announcement: I won.
Just as sources were reporting that Senate Republicans were close to cutting a deal with Senate Democrats and the White House, but that no deal has officially been made, the President disparaged Republicans in Congress at a live event with “middle class Americans” at the White House.
President Obama’s televised campaign event on Monday did the exact opposite of help.
“There are still issues left to resolve, but we’re hopeful that Congress can get it done,” President Obama said during his fiscal cliff event. “But it’s not done.”

redalertpolitics.com...

Obama ... insisted that he’d demand more tax hikes if the legislative body used the impending debt ceiling standoff to demand spending cuts.
[S]everal Republican aides ... suggested that the entire fiscal cliff deal had been complicated because of his tone and criticism.
“Potus just moved the goalpost again. Significantly. This is new,” tweeted a top aide to McConnell.

www.breitbart.com...

Today, the Congressional Budget Office reveals that the "deal" Senators put together is not really a deal on spending at all:

According to the Congressional Budget Office, the last-minute fiscal cliff deal reached by congressional leaders and President Barack Obama cuts only $15 billion in spending while increasing tax revenues by $620 billion—a 41:1 ratio of tax increases to spending cuts.
When Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush increased taxes in return for spending cuts—cuts that never ultimately came—they did so at ratios of 1:3 and 1:2.

www.breitbart.com...

Anyone who believed that Barack Obama or congressional liberals ever intended to negotiate in good faith on deficit reduction is deluding themselves.

Nevertheless, there will be many (with their hands out for more redistribution) who cheer the Senate's proposed "deal."

If you have a job, earn more than minimum wage and don't rely on the government for direct support, get ready to take your wallets back out.

jw

edit on 1-1-2013 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
There just kicking the can down the road. Not addressing the issues now... Congress didn't vote before the taxes went up so now since were off the fiscal cliff they are voting for a tax decrease.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This is one very bad deal. Assbiters give themselves a raise in Congress and tax the crap out of us. All the while using my credit cards freely. I was trying to be out of here by now, sadly I am a couple of years out.

640 billion taxed with 15 billion in cuts. Just lovely. I am not gonna blame the President, I am not going to blame Congress. I am going to blame AMERICANS! It is us fools that fill out our own returns and enable this POS government to steal away our hard earned money.

Think of it as someone coming to rob your house. Americans load the pillow cases for the robbers and carry them to the door.

Wanna be a real rebel? Tell the IRS to stuff it this year. Invoke your fifth amendment rights to NOT provide the Government with ANY documents that could be used against you in a Court of Law. Most of the stupid Americans do not even understand the power they hold. If just 10% of Americans stood up on tax day and invoked the fifth and refused to file they would have to find another way to take our money.

Personally I favor a retail goods flat tax and abolishing the IRS all together. America, you deserve what you get.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Don't

Re-elect

A

Single

Incumbent.

Operation Cleansweep. Gone. All of the rat bastards out! This has gotten ridiculous. It reminds me of the 1970's when living in England, we were embarrassed to even mention America. I am ashamed of the representatives we have in office and am disgusted by the whole lot of them.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Don't

Re-elect

A

Single

Incumbent.

Operation Cleansweep. Gone. All of the rat bastards out! This has gotten ridiculous. It reminds me of the 1970's when living in England, we were embarrassed to even mention America. I am ashamed of the representatives we have in office and am disgusted by the whole lot of them.

Second that thought. clean house next congressional election.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

More then that.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Until the U.S. government and the central banks are decriminalized, I'm through paying taxes!

I'm currently studying the legal precedents set forth by Joe Banister.

source : www.agentfortruth.com

At this point I've got nothing to lose, and I'm willing to fight the criminals who've gained power through the Federal Reserve's coup d'etat and their creation of an illegal IRS.

F.T.G.

edit on 1-1-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seasoul

Good stuff, that link is. It is truth.
Again, this tax day, take the fifth. Make the IRS give you a bill. We cant get out of paying taxes, but we can damn sure get out of making it easy for them to steal from us.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I figured that the last minute "deal" wouldn't be a deal at all. All this time to come up with this at the last minute?
So just looking this over the "Fiscal Cliff" was anything but averted. More taxes that people cannot afford, and no meaningful spending cuts, I'm sure this will totally help out the economy.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Here is a list of Senators....start now and get the word out that no one is safe, even if they are in a "safe" seat. Also if they have already planned on running for reelection.

Alabama: Jeff Sessions (R)
Alaska: Mark Begich (D) -- running
Arkansas: Mark Pryor (D) -- running
Colorado: Mark Udall (D)
Delaware: Chris Coons (D)
Georgia: Saxby Chambliss (R) -- running
Idaho: Jim Risch (R) -- running
Illinois: Richard Durbin (D)
Iowa: Tom Harkin
Kansas: Pat Roberts (R) -- running
Kentucky: Mitch McConnell (R) -- running
Louisiana: Mary Landrieu (D) -- running
Maine: Susan Collins (R)
Massachusetts: John Kerry (D) ***** open seat *****
Michigan: Carl Levin (D)
Minnesota: Al Franken (D)
Mississippi: Thad Cochran (R)
Montana: Max Baucus (D) -- running
Nebraska: Mike Johanns (R)
New Hampshire: Jeanne Shaheen (D) -- running
New Jersey: Frank Lautenberg (D)
New Mexico: Tom Udall (D)
N. Carolina: Kay Hagan (D)
Oklahoma: Jim Inhofe (R)
Oregon: Jeff Merkley (D)
Rhode Island: Jack Reed (D)
S. Carolina: Lindsey Graham (R)
S. Dakota: Tim Johnson (D)
Tennessee: Lamar Alexander (R) -- running
Texas: John Cornyn (R)
Virgina: Mark Warner (D)
W. Virginia: Jay Rockefeller (D)
Wyoming: Mike Enzi (R)

The House list is much greater and my fingers are tired.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Also....

This being "taken care of for life" Package these guys get, has to be done away with. They are NOT Royalty. Another big reason these guys "want" the Job. The Percs and Benefits.

Im sick of it.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
You taxpayers have not yet begun to pay. obama care by itself raises 1 trillion dollars in new taxes. On all of you. I say "You" and not "Us" because I am now officially on a tax strike. I hope more of you will join me, though I know most won't. Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Seriously??? Beezer is that what you get from this. Haven't you learned yet that elections mean nothing? The corruption is rampant at all levels. Strike, it is the only non-violent option left to us.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
reply to post by seasoul

Again, this tax day, take the fifth. Make the IRS give you a bill. We cant get out of paying taxes, but we can damn sure get out of making it easy for them to steal from us.

You can get out of it. If you are 1099 or self employed, just don't pay. If you have a regular job, max out your exemptions to 10 or 20 or more and then don't file. We have to starve this beast. When will you stand?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Also....

This being "taken care of for life" Package these guys get, has to be done away with. They are NOT Royalty. Another big reason these guys "want" the Job. The Percs and Benefits.

Im sick of it.
I agree. If we ever get this back under control, 6 years and out. 3 terms as a rep or 1 term as a senator and DONE. Pay to be the average wage of an individual worker in your state. No benefits. Buy your own insurance.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by beezzer

Seriously??? Beezer is that what you get from this. Haven't you learned yet that elections mean nothing? The corruption is rampant at all levels. Strike, it is the only non-violent option left to us.

I'm yet at the point where my musket and black powder are needed. I have faith (still?) that the system can work.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Don't

Re-elect

A

Single

Incumbent.

Sounds like a mission, to me.

A minority have been saying this for a while, but I'll bet the numbers grow if the facts ever get out.
jw

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by Mamatus
reply to post by seasoul

You can get out of it. If you are 1099 or self employed, just don't pay. If you have a regular job, max out your exemptions to 10 or 20 or more and then don't file. We have to starve this beast. When will you stand?

Many years ago, my brother and I were single and working high-paying, high over-time construction jobs, with lots of travel and work expenses we paid out of pocket.. Withholding was killing us, so we upped our deductions on the W-4 to the point that NO federal income taxes were taken out!

We dealt with the IRS the following year(s) taking extensions and as many deductions as possible. They have never held my money hostage since, although I can understand that some people like a big refund when they file.

jw
edit on 1-1-2013 by jdub297 because: sp

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Honestly?

Who did not see this coming?

Raise taxes so they can spend more and then comes "another fiscal cliff".

Taxes raised on those who make more than 450,000 which is small business owners who are the largest employers of Americans.

The pay roll tax cut supposedly expires wonder if that means the middle class will start paying 6% again instead of the 4%.

Capital gains went up to 20% which includes money markets,mutual funds, and pension funds even the middle class has those up to the first (forget the amount).

The estate tax is now 40% which is double taxation. up to 10 million more middle class tax hikes.

The we have obama care kicking in which whiped out anything those "genius" just signed.

Then deal they signed is a compete joke, like those congressman we have a spending problem period.

edit on 1-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Except...its sitting in the House so none of that is effective; yet. Just because it passed in the Senate doesn't mean it is going to coast through the House.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join