It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings! From a Long Time reader, Yet newby Member.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Greetings All!

As a longtime ATS reader and enthusiast I've wanted to join this forum for some time now. Up until now I guess I was hesitant to put my toe in the proverbial water, but alas it's a New Year so what the heck! (Splash!)

I've spent much of the morning reading through all the rules and tips, lot's of good information there. Seems like there are quite a few learned folks here on ATS. Hopefully I will be able to contribute in some meaningful way. I certainly look forward to the opportunity.

I guess some background on me is in order.

In some respects I guess there is a huge dichotomy between my professional life and my personal life, at least that's what people say. In my professional life I work with some of the most advanced technology available, but my personal life is filled with the most simple of things. For work I work in electronic systems and aviation, but in my personal life we run a small cattle ranch out in the country. In about an hour I can go from one of the highest tech environments to one of the lowest. Personally, I think it's great! Perhaps it gives me the ability to have both perspective and balance.

As Internet forums go, I'm a newby here to ATS, but I wouldn't say I'm new to Internet forums in general. In fact, at one forum I belong to in good standing I have over 20k posts. Even so, I'm still very much just learning the ropes here from square one. I expect that will take some time as there is much to learn.

As far as education is concerned my college background is in Physics and to a lesser extent Geography. I would like to think I can write somewhat well, and am able to express thoughts and ideas, though it is quite clear my abilities pale in comparison to some of the members here.

As one might expect from a new member, I do have some questions and I'm not sure where exactly to ask those questions. For example, as I understand it I am not able to start a new thread anywhere but here (Introductions) until I reach 20 posts, but this is not an area for general questions. Another question I have is I've read the requests to avoid posting about duplicate subjects, and I completely understand the reasoning for this, but with soooo many topics how does one determine a topic is worthy of a new thread? I suspect I will find these answers soon enough so I'll just keep looking around.

In any case, I'm delighted to be here, and hope I can contribute to ATS in some small meaningful way in the pursuit of knowledge and the defense of truth.

Best regards

edit on 1/1/2013 by Flyingclaydisk because: misspelled word

edit on 1/1/2013 by Flyingclaydisk because: BBcode error I guess

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

Welcome Fcd...

If you aren't talking out your arse, it would seem you have a lot to offer this site...

If you are, you will be ousted immediately..!

Look forward to your posts, as the intro was tops. Cya on the boards...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Great introduction, welcome to the family.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

but with soooo many topics how does one determine a topic is worthy of a new thread? I suspect I will find these answers soon enough so I'll just keep looking around.

welcome. i am a new member (long time follower), but i can answer this question. at the top of the each section there is a search engine. the topic in question should be tried there first.

good luck. you seem bright. looking forward to reading your threads in the future.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Congratulations, you've joined the world's largest and civil alternative topics discussion community! We understand that with rules, policies and just the shear size of the website, it can be quite overwhelming. So we've created a presentation tour with just you in mind.

Welcome Flyingclaydisk

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your on. Before getting on a ride, you should be mentally fit, emotionally stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. At times, you may learn something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride, this is a natural and normal phenomena.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! Be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illict drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcomes!

I realized after I posted my intro that I'd neglected to answer possibly the most important question; why ATS?

Heh, that's kind of a tough one! I'm certainly not one to run around in my tinfoil hat (though I did get one just for grins once) spouting off about the alien illuminati falling to earth from the invisible moon hiding behind our moon (which is really made of cheese), but it seems to me there are far too many things going on that just can't be explained away by coincidence. Boy, that sounds pretty tin foil-ish, doesn't it? Perhaps I should explain.

I've spent years researching events which have taken place in our not to distant past where the sum of the pieces fall well short of the whole puzzle. A classic example of this is the US government's experiments with mind control with the MK Ultra program back in the 60's. Sure there are tons of fragments of information out there about what happened, but the biggest questions remain unanswered. Things like, how were so many people, virtually without restraint, allowed to conduct such unorthodox research, on living human subjects no less, for such an extended period of time? Things like, if a program of that magnitude were allowed to exist for as long as it did, how could they just conveniently be allowed to destroy virtually all of the data they had collected? There must have been mountains of it...or were they just a buch of mad scientists with no minders run completely amok? When you look at the breadth and scale of this program alone (and this is just one example) it is just incomprehensible that so little data remains. So, all of this then begs the question; what was it that they really found?

Again, this was but one example of hundreds, possibly thousands, of similar programs. It seems everywhere we turn all of the data collected during these programs just gets "lost" or inadvertently destroyed. Sure, everyone just rolls their eyes with that "yeah, right" look and moves on. Not so fast though; it's easy to say well they were likely doing illegal stuff and covered their tracks, but when you step back and look at the sheer magnitude en total of what we're talking about there can be no 'coincidence'.

As each day passes our collective governments withold more and more from its citizens, but for what gain? Many of these programs and agendas span multiple presidents and leaders with different agendas. How could they survive and flourish in this changing climate. If I didn't know better I'd say it's almost as if there is some grand puppetmaster pulling the global strigs of some larger agenda.

Well, maybe I don't know better, and maybe it's time to stop thinking I do and thus my response to 'why ATS?'.

FCD

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
So very nice to meet you!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thankyou, Night Star

Very nice to meet you as well. I am very much looking forward to participating here. I have a myriad of subjects already that I am looking forward to share and explore. I'll be even more excited when I get out of my 20 post purgatory when I can share some of my short stories and theories, but until then I'm content with just contributing.

ATS seems like a really cool place!

edit on 1/2/2013 by Flyingclaydisk because: content

top topics

join