It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Mini T-rex

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Frocharocha

There are other reports of this sort of thing, but a lot won't take them seriously, because they can't handle the idea that something like a dinosaur could still be around. Real science would investigate, but the establishment science that we have would rather prove they are right than find the truth.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I'm not really too experienced with photo shop, but I can tell you that looks super photoshoped... or something. It just looks phony for the first part. The 'dinosaur' aka cgi dinosaur... looks like a cgi dinosaur. The guy's lighting doesn't match the 'dino', or the background. His outfit looks sort of cheap. Someone took their own picture. The hat covers the eyes so you can't recognize the individual.

Figure out this 'dinoboy's' name. You can't because he's made up.

LOL.

Actually I think I heard a rumor about a tiny t rex hoax once.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Shouldn't the head be swooped over as he holds it by the neck? I wouldn't imagine rigor mortis had already set in as it looks like a fresh kill.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

LOL! the biggest error in this picture is the fact that people didn't have those kind of cameras back then. This picture implys that a camera man followed this 'dinoboy' around, not realizeing he would find the mini t-rex, but thinking he was looking for birds. Notice he has no tools or anything to cut out parts from a deer or wolf. So there fore he was hunting birds or rats. Then the camera man spent like 20 minutes setting up his camera, in an overly exposed location in the middle of no where, with wind I assume, and then took the picture. Other wise the dino would be all rotten looking. Then the picture came out pretty well considering the technology. Also I think the picture would have to have like some sort of sign of it being a photo copy on paper or a sheet of metal... since they had no digital cameras back then... LOL!

(I didn't really lol). LOL!
edit on 2-1-2013 by canofnothing because: tools*

edit on 2-1-2013 by canofnothing because: Added "with wind I assume"

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I thought the hunter pic might be from some kind of reenactment western days or something, but another poster pointed out that it is probably from a 1960's movie. (Valley of Gwangi)
anywho~ was researching the dinos and came back with these 2 that could be a match; Heterodontosaurus (many teeth but believed to be an herbivore)

and Compsognathus,an extremely fast carnivore. Both species approx. 3 ft tall.

Interesting to say the least!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous

Congratulations!

This topic and thread has been chosen to be discussed by the ATS LIVE crew this Saturday night between 6-9pm pst (9-12 est), as part of this weeks exciting "Turbo Topics" segment.

We are running 256kbps through the ATS Player but we now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections and there are also options to listen via other players on our relay site at Illustrial Website. You can also connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here to listen to the ATSLive Radio Show on ShoutCast

For more information and past shows, be sure to check out the ATSLive Show Threads Here.

Hope you'll listen in to the show!
Johnny

Mondo Bizarro... meet Crypto Mundo! Say Johnny, how many pterodactyls did your grandpappy shoot in the war??

www.cryptomundo.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
Here's a clearer photo:

I don't want to be that member, but...as I recall the photo is from a movie in the 1960s called "Valley of the Gwangi" - a silly cowboy/dinosaur movie. Source: www.imdb.com...

Edit: Here's a plot summary.

Cowboy James Franciscus seeks fame and fortune by capturing a Tyrannosaurus Rex living in the Forbidden Valley and putting it in a Mexican circus. His victim, called the Gwangi, turns out to have an aversion to being shown in public.

Anyways, I wish it was true too

edit on 2-1-2013 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

Are you sure? I know that movie well. I love Gwangi. The only species similar show in the movie is the Ornithomimus and this dinossaur species is very big, reaching up to 3.8 meters (around 9 feet tall) and the dinossaurs in the movie were all Stop Motion.
edit on 3-1-2013 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Sweeeeet!!!!! I love dinosaurs!! That would be so awesome if there were a few ill guys still kickin' it today....

...to have one as a pet.... Eeeiiii.!!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I dug deeper, and it turns out this picture comes from the North American BioFortean Review in a story entitled, "Dinos in the U.S.A. ~ A Summary of North American Bipedal 'Lizard' Reports" by Chad Arment (yr: 2000).

Real source (with big picture): www.strangeark.com...

There are more fun pictures in this story plus the origins of where this picture came from and the author's belief of what may be happening with these "river lizards".

I let the folks at ATS read it rather than pull out the highlights - enjoy!

edit on 3-1-2013 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88

I dug deeper, and it turns out this picture comes from the North American BioFortean Review in a story entitled, "Dinos in the U.S.A. ~ A Summary of North American Bipedal 'Lizard' Reports" by Chad Arment (yr: 2000).

Real source (with big picture): www.strangeark.com...

There are more fun pictures in this story plus the origins of where this picture came from and the author's belief of what may be happening with these "river lizards".

I let the folks at ATS read it rather than pull out the highlights - enjoy!

edit on 3-1-2013 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

Intersting. So we may not know if the pics are true or not: But is this "North American BigFortean review" true or just some Mumbo Jumbo, too lazy to read xD

Looking at the photo, it would be very easy to jump to the conclusion that this is
good evidence for such an animal. Unfortunately, that isnÕt the case. It is just too
easy to fake photos and create models, even if they look incredibly life-like. In no
case should a photograph or video be accepted as anything other than circumstantial
evidence. (This is one problem I have with folks who are spending so much energy
on trying to photograph Bigfoot; it doesnÕt matter how good the photo is, it isnÕt going
to prove anything.) I do have some problems with the way the ÒlizardÓ looks. I donÕt
see why the tail wouldnt just hang straight down if the animal was recently shot, or
why the mouth would still be open to that extent. Most dead reptiles are very limpimmediately after death. Frankly, this could very easily be a rubber model. I did ask
the individual to consider catching a specimen, so who knows? It really shouldnÕt be
difficult to catch such a reptile if it exists.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The picture of the cowboy holding a dinosaur may or may not be a fake, I don't know. But I've heard rumors of such mini dinosaur or dinosaur-like sightings for years. I have no idea if they are true, but it might be genetically feasible.

Assuming that the theory of dinosaurs evolving into birds is correct, there is also some research being done on evolving (devolving?) birds back into dinosaurs. In fact, the paleontologist who is said to have been the inspiration for the male paleontologist in Jurassic Park, Jack Horner, is leading some of this research and they have already had some success:

In the past few years, several groups working independently have begun to awaken the dormant dinosaur DNA present in one of the extinct creatures' descendents: chickens, whose genome is fully sequenced. Led by Horner, the scientists hope to eventually grow a chicken that has teeth, scales, a tail, and forelimbs. In a word, they want to build a "dinochicken," and it'll be pretty darn close to the real thing...

First, in 2005, developmental biologists John Fallon and Matt Harris at the University of Wisconsin were experimenting with mutant chicken embryos when they noticed strange protuberances emerging from the chicken fetus's jaws. The bumps turned out to be saber-shaped teeth identical to those of embryonic alligators.

The toothy chicken embryos were mutants — they possessed a recessive gene that kills fetuses before they're born. As a side effect (unrelated to how it killed them), that gene was switching on another one that has lain dormant in chickens' evolutionary line for at least 70 million years: an ancient dinosaur tooth gene. Fallon and Harris created a virus that behaved similarly to the lethal recessive gene present in the mutant chickens, but without being deadly. When they inserted the virus into normal chicken embryos, they grew teeth.

Later, a paleontologist named Hans Larsson at McGill University found that chicken embryos' start out with tails. At a certain point in a chick's development, a genetic switch flips and the tail goes away. Using growth hormones to try to override the stoppage, Larsson and his colleagues are attempting to flip the switch back (though they haven't done so yet).

In the same vein, Horner believes chicken embryos can eventually be genetically manipulated to develop forearms instead of wings. "The absence of a tail, the difference between wings and grasping forearms, and the absence of teeth are all subtle evolutionary changes on a basic dinosaur plan," he wrote in a book he co-authored with James Gorman called "How to Build a Dinosaur" (Dutton 2009).

SOURCE: Can We Make Jurassic Park Yet?

Basically, this indicates that modern birds still have dinosaur genes that simply aren't 'switched on.' So there are at least two possibilities that I see here:

1. It's already known that there are projects trying to create dinosaurs from chickens... maybe someone did and some have either been released or have escaped into the wild.

2. Maybe something more natural can cause the dinosaur genes to basically be switched back on in some cases, causing dinosaurs or dinosaur-like creatures to be born from what would normally have been bird eggs.

I find the second possibility above particularly interesting. For some reason, these genes were switched off millions of years ago. But if something were to cause them to be switched on again, it might not go so well for humans.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

The first picture looks like an ol' fashioned painting and the second one is hard to see, it could be anything from a kid leaning against a tree to Dick Cheiney burying one of his victims.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join