It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Mini T-rex

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I was searching about more dinossaur cryptid reports, like the Burrunjor and so on. Then i found about a curious cryptid called the "Colorado River Mini -T rex". According to the reports, a bipedal lone reptil was reported in the Colorado River some times by now. The creature are said to be:

-Extremely shy and would avoid contacting humans.
-Can be just a baby, since there are reporrts of 14 feet tall bipedal lizard. But the majority of the reprots describre a small cunning reptile of perhaps 3-5 feet in lenght.
-The animal is extremely similar to a bird, but way to bizare and fast.
-The animal is said to be soo strange that some witness confuded it with a toy. Similar to a platypus at colonial times.

In the legend, or myth, or reports. Call wathever you want. Two pictures were taken. And i can say, they are quite intriguing:

I'm not a photoshop expert. But by my animal experience, i can say that's surely quite intriguing. The animal is not that big. Many bigger mamals were discovered recently. One of them was the Saola. An extremely rare deer discovered in 1992. This animal was almost extinct and the scientists never found one alive in twenty years of search. If it wasn't the scientists, this species would probably have meet it's downfall and remain a cryptid's (only 11 induviduals were reported). Now we're talking about a even smaller monitor lizard.

There are tons of things that small monitor like this one can eat. Rabbits, foxes and insects like the majority of small reptiles and so on. Fast animals are know to avoid human detection or capture. Like Squids. A small population of monitor lizards like this one would have everything to remain undetected. They are fast, rare and strange. But we may never know.

I live in Pueblo, Colorado. I moved out here when I was six and have since heard stories of the praire devil, the pig man and the mini-rex….

Me and my friend were riding dirt bikes….when we observed something move across the clearing in front of us. It was three to four feet long, greenish with black markings on its back, and a yellowish-orange underbelly. It walked on its hind legs, never dragging its tail. Its front limbs (I call them limbs because they were more like arms than anything) were smaller in comparison to the back ones, and it had four or three claws....It also had some kind of lump or horn over each eye. When it noticed our presence, it let out a high pitched screech…Immediately, we rode back to my house for a camera….We took a picture of its tracks…one of my other friends said he had a few pictures of the creature, so I took a look at them, and to my surprise, I saw pictures of the exact same thing I saw... North American Bio Fortean Review.

Could the Southwest be home to a mysterious new species of reptile? Nick Sucik, a private researcher from Minnesota, thinks it's possible. Sucik has been tracking sightings of an elusive lizard-like creature ever since hearing tales of "river dinosaurs" from those involved in the legally sketchy "reptile trade." The "dino" is said to walk exclusively on its hind legs; to stand about 3 feet tall; and to have armlike appendages instead of forelegs. The reptile usually is seen near a wet environment and moves swiftly, with grace, Sucik said.

Reports of sightings trickled in, first in Pagosa Springs in 1982, then in Pueblo, Sucik said. And, he said, the same thing happened here in Cortez — "But it was kind of unexpected how we heard about it."

An Unsolved Mysteries episode had featured the story of a Cortez couple who had been visiting in Arizona. While there, the couple apparently saw the body of a reptile unlike any they had ever seen before. "It looked like a toy to them," Sucik said, and when they told their tale, "No one took them seriously." Except, perhaps, for Sucik himself.

In an attempt to follow up on the story, Sucik wrote the Journal and later placed a classified ad, seeking communication from anyone who might have seen the enigmatic reptile. The letter netted a response from Northern California, but the ad brought results from closer to home. According to Sucik, a woman and her daughter emailed him details of a similar sighting that took place in 2001 as they were driving in the Yellow Jacket area.

"Suddenly, this thing runs out. At first, they thought it was a young deer, because of its size," Sucik said.

The women described it as having a long neck and skinny legs like a bird. However, it had no feathers and its "arms" seemed to go out of its upright neck rather than its body. The women estimated that the creature would measure about 5 feet, if stretched from neck to tail.

"It looked to them like a cross between a bird and a dinosaur." When they got home, each drew a picture of the creature and realized they had each seen exactly the same thing, he said.

The description matched that of other sightings, and the women happened to have been near an irrigation creek. "Every reference we've heard usually affiliates them with water," Sucik said. "That's where the term 'River Dino' comes from."

Sucik discovered it wasn't the first sighting in the area. In March or April 1996, a local woman said she saw something similar near her home at the Kampark outside Mesa Verde.

"I was sitting on the couch, and looked out the front door," the woman, who did not wish to be identified, told the Journal. "I saw something, not a lizard, really, about 3 1/2 feet long and 3 1/2 feet high. It moved very fast. As far as I remember, there were only two legs that seemed to balance it."

She said the creature moved very swiftly, and had a cone-shaped nose and a tail that extended about 2 feet out from its body. It had come from a pond area.

"It was kind of unusual," she said "I didn't know if I was seeing things, or what. I never had anything like that happen before. "I thought, 'Maybe it's someone's pet', I wasn't frightened; I just thought it was unusual."

She checked reference books, but could not find anything similar to what she'd seen. Jeff Thulin of the Reptile Reserve told her it might have been a monitor lizard, however, monitors could not live throughout the winter locally.

Thulin said others have since mentioned that they have seen "a large lizard running around. I don't know any specifics at all except that it's large and looks out of place."

"It doesn't match anything," he said of the description. The woman said she has tried to put it out of her mind. "Some people think you're nuts."

Sucik isn't sure what people have seen. A lizard, he said, "is a reptile on four legs. These reptiles are always on their hind legs. The only reptile to fit that morphology is a dinosaur—that kind of creates extra interest. It's not strange. It's like a new species that hasn't been classified in the area."

edit on 1-1-2013 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

Original Link

edit on 1-1-2013 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Could you please provide a link to your source?

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Could you please provide a link to your source?

Thanks!

I found accidentaly by searching in google. But i provided the link with the reports i quoted. Enjoy!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Frocharocha

Your link is to a picture of "Mr. Yuck". You might want to fix that OP! (never mind- I see you fixed it.)

I think there is a possibility of unknown reptiles in many parts of the southwest. There is so much unexplored territory that a species could remain undiscovered for an infinite period of time.

edit on 1-1-2013 by littled16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
quite the interesting post OP,
A new species would not surprise me at all
as much of the desert area that is not discovered.

But i have to ask the obvious question...
what is that shadow next to the person in
the first pic? it looks like a giant version of what
she is holding up...

Would be cool if science got a hold of one of these if
they exist and tested them to see if the dna matches that
of the t-rex's of years ago..

Although one has to wonder, if these are running around
undetected, will they grow larger? say in 100 years or so
we actually see large human or larger size t-rex's running
around.. Now that would be mind blowing.

Better go buy your T-rex hunting tag's *lol*

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
quite the interesting post OP,
A new species would not surprise me at all
as much of the desert area that is not discovered.

But i have to ask the obvious question...
what is that shadow next to the person in
the first pic? it looks like a giant version of what
she is holding up...

Would be cool if science got a hold of one of these if
they exist and tested them to see if the dna matches that
of the t-rex's of years ago..

Although one has to wonder, if these are running around
undetected, will they grow larger? say in 100 years or so
we actually see large human or larger size t-rex's running
around.. Now that would be mind blowing.

Better go buy your T-rex hunting tag's *lol*

About the shadow, it's well, just a shadow lol. I found the same pic with a better resolution:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Nice find, can zoom in quite a bit as good as
that picture is.

Sure is a interesting photo, looks real enough
was looking for plastic mold lines and such, but
couldnt see any.

Quite interesting, We should be spending our money
researching things like this instead of on war's..
It would be amazing to see what we could discover if
the govt gave people the same cash they spend on war
funds to investigate things...

Sad we live in a world that we do, where killing others is
more important than discoveries...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul

Nice find, can zoom in quite a bit as good as
that picture is.

Sure is a interesting photo, looks real enough
was looking for plastic mold lines and such, but
couldnt see any.

Quite interesting, We should be spending our money
researching things like this instead of on war's..
It would be amazing to see what we could discover if
the govt gave people the same cash they spend on war
funds to investigate things...

Sad we live in a world that we do, where killing others is
more important than discoveries...

Yeah. War are terrible things. Whomever, many of the technology we have today it's thanks to the wars. Such as the computers made during the Cold War. But this doesn't change the facts; humans like to kill themselfs, and i hate that.

----------

You can easily compare this photo with one of a Thylacine:

If the Thylacine were in this animal place, people would probably say it's fake as well. Anyway, it's surely an intersting pic. What i find strange, is why the pic guy didn't show to some scientist the animal. But this normal, many people keep unknown animals in their houses. Lucy as a good example...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Would be awesome to believe this is somehow true. I checked the source link and it is quite the story... but there is 0 proof of anything. The cast footprint is about the best evidence however.. if a creature that size left one footprint there would be others and most likely in a trail that could have been photographed. Someone easily as well could have made additional casts. Do I think it is possible? Yes.. they found a Coelacanth which they had thought was extinct since the Cretaceous period period many eons ago.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 1-1-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold
Would be awesome to believe this is somehow true. I checked the source link and it is quite the story... but there is 0 proof of anything. The cast footprint is about the best evidence however.. if a creature that size left one footprint there would be others and most likely in a trail that could have been photographed. Someone easily as well could have made additional casts. Do I think it is possible? Yes.. they found a Coelacanth which they had thought was extinct since the Cretaceous period period many eons ago.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 1-1-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

By this article, it stays that they are quite rare. Coincidence?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Not quite sure what you mean by this.. The Coelacanth? Or the TRex? The Coelacanth is indeed rare.. I believe it lives pretty deep in the Ocean as well as only in a couple places. The T Rex is so rare no one has ever had a documented sighting.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold

Not quite sure what you mean by this.. The Coelacanth? Or the TRex? The Coelacanth is indeed rare.. I believe it lives pretty deep in the Ocean as well as only in a couple places. The T Rex is so rare no one has ever had a documented sighting.

i was talking about the coelacanth. He's a good example.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
after taking it into photoshop i couldnt see anything to point out it being altered photo the compression noise looked exact only thing i ask is anybody have any photo of gunshots on reptiles or birds i couldnt find any for comparrison or why the gun shot wound seem bit large for win repeater the entry usually alot smaller than the exit and when taking photo i always pose with my kills entry wound, I really do wish it is real if any way to confirm it being real id like to plan a camping trip

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It kind of looks as if the dino was drawn into the picture because its the most detailed thing with in the picture.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by denster1991
after taking it into photoshop i couldnt see anything to point out it being altered photo the compression noise looked exact only thing i ask is anybody have any photo of gunshots on reptiles or birds i couldnt find any for comparrison or why the gun shot wound seem bit large for win repeater the entry usually alot smaller than the exit and when taking photo i always pose with my kills entry wound, I really do wish it is real if any way to confirm it being real id like to plan a camping trip

Well, the best way to caught an animal like this would be "fishing". Put some animal pheromones. Monitor lizard have bad vision, so they usually use their noses and heat detector to caught animals. Unless we are talking about a bird/lizard prehistoric sub species, then the best would be praying on luck.

I suggest buying like 500 cameras and putting them all over the area. This animals are reported to be fast, the cameras would probably won't be able to photograph them in time.
edit on 2-1-2013 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Nice! A brand new (to me) cryptid. Thanks for posting. I wonder if we'll ever know the truth behind the photos/reports.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Congratulations!

This topic and thread has been chosen to be discussed by the ATS LIVE crew this Saturday night between 6-9pm pst (9-12 est), as part of this weeks exciting "Turbo Topics" segment.

We are running 256kbps through the ATS Player but we now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections and there are also options to listen via other players on our relay site at Illustrial Website. You can also connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here to listen to the ATSLive Radio Show on ShoutCast

For more information and past shows, be sure to check out the ATSLive Show Threads Here.

Hope you'll listen in to the show!
Johnny

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Here's a clearer photo:

I don't want to be that member, but...as I recall the photo is from a movie in the 1960s called "Valley of the Gwangi" - a silly cowboy/dinosaur movie. Source: www.imdb.com...

Edit: Here's a plot summary.

Cowboy James Franciscus seeks fame and fortune by capturing a Tyrannosaurus Rex living in the Forbidden Valley and putting it in a Mexican circus. His victim, called the Gwangi, turns out to have an aversion to being shown in public.

Anyways, I wish it was true too

edit on 2-1-2013 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Cool story, wonder how may species are actually out there in the world undiscovered.

Flagged

top topics

<<   2 >>

join