It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun and NASA Disninfo Exposed! Another force twisting Magnetic field

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by princeguy

I dare say that you do not fully understand what you are looking at either sir.
I understand what causes the magnetosphere simulations to behave as they do. I understand what is being displayed.

When there is a recognizable pattern it deserves attention.
What recognizable pattern? Have you actually looked at the data or are you just taking his word for it? That there was geomagnetic activity on the same day a year later? That's like saying there is some significance in the fact that there are earthquakes on the same day a year later.

Show us why his predictions and findings are lacking and then you will have my attention.
What predictions? Geomagnetic activity? He's doing the equivalent of saying there will be an earthquake somewhere next week.

edit on 1/1/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The guy has made a prediction for geomagnetic activity to coincide with a strong earthquake or earthquakes for the first week in May, I think it was actually May 5-6.

So if something happens then we have two choices:

a) the guy is smarter than most of the scientists in the world

b) the scientists in the world have been lying to us and/or covering much up.

Or if nothing happens just another in a long line of failed YouTube predictions.

I think I will mark this one down on my calendar for May 5-6; "take note of any worldshaking earthquakes on these days and try to stay away from places like Yellowstone, California, Japan etc."

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Let's look at his example for February 23, 2012.

So early on Feb 23rd, 2012 I saw Earth's magnetic field experiencing some oddities.
Lets just say I had a very strong gut feeling NASA would pull the same BS and "blame the Sun" and we'd be hit before the "end of the 26th" so early on the 23rd I made a prediction which is below.

What he saw was a simulation produced with data from the ACE satellite. Here is that data:
What do we see at the time he shows for the simulator run? We see very low density (middle graph) and fairly high speed (upper graph) in the solar wind. These are the characteristics of the "fast solar wind". The fast solar wind originates from coronal holes. So was there a hole at the time? Here is the report from NOAA for the day before:

Somewhat later in the day a solar sector boundary crossing was observed (22/0815Z) and was followed by a marked increase in solar wind velocity, indicative of the onset of a high speed stream from a coronal hole.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...
So yes, a high speed solar wind which originated from a coronal hole. What about that "compressed" effect? As I explained in the thread I linked earlier, that is the result of a north turn of the solar wind. What do we see in the data? A north turn of the solar wind (in the bottom graph).

So what does he do? He claims that NASA (even though he uses spaceweather.com) is covering up the high speed solar wind from the coronal hole (which they didn't) by talking about a CME on the 25th. He is grasping at straws. And rather than trying to learn what it is he is looking at, he makes stuff up.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Or
C) It's the shower syndrome.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Or
C) It's the shower syndrome.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wouldn't get too worked up about this stuff, it is YouTube after all, unless picking apart these types of conspiracies turns your crank...........it's not like you have thousands of posts just debunking.............;

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Yup he seems to have found a pattern, but I do not understand why he dismisses solar activity. It seems that he dismisses it because of its periodicity, in so small a data set that periodicity is almost irrelevant, that does not mean that it isn't an interesting fact and if it continues then some further study may be called for.

As for the predictions I guess that the normal process is not taking his methodology in consideration, I do not know if the methodology is valid but by his observations it seems to be working at least with the small dataset he collected.

As for the cause and dismissal of the Sun as a source or even blaming NASA of hiding something I believe that he is way off. I also do not have NASA in very high regards and deplore the almost monopoly it has on space information, but we can probably blame the disregard (or failing to notice the pattern) of the issue to other reasons.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by heineken

What exactly do you think he predicted? That there would be geomagnetic activity? Sure, I can predict that. Especially if you only pay attention to my predictions that are correct and ignore those that aren't. And ignore the ones I don't predict.

for example this guy predicted northern lights visible from certain areas ..I agree with you that he does not understand the data he is looking at..but the fact is he found a pattern upon which he can place predictions which occur

and he was not correct only once..he was on multiple occasions which makes me think that the pattern might actually be there after all

top topics

<< 1   >>

join