FNG says hi

page: 1
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
stumbled across this site a couple years ago, lost track of it, then stumbled into it again a few days ago and decided to join. just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. no, i will not tell you where i worked or what i did, but i do have over a decade of experience in military/government fields and can probably help shed a different prospective/light on claims made by other 'government employees' and claims made about the government, and maybe even help clarify a few things here and there. hope to be around for a long time on the site and make some friends and help further the cause. drop me a reply or a u2u and get to know me!

and no, i was not at Area-51 or anywhere close to it
edit on 1-1-2013 by Shamrock6 because: i sounded douchey




posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Welcome To The Community


Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use
What are P F K W S

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.
 

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamrock6
 


Top-o-the-Morning to you shamrock. Welcome to ATS. May the New Year bring your Clarity and Prosperity....


Des



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamrock6
 


Welcome Shamrock6...


FNG says hi


FNGs are good to go, REMFs are not...





Good intro...enjoy your time here Chief.

edit on 1-1-2013 by facelift because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamrock6
 
Welcome to the jungle! Good to have you here. I hope you will enjoy yourself in your exploration of all that ATS has to offer!



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
what is a wats point and how do i get them?



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamrock6
 


Hi, welcome to ATS.

What field did you work in, if you don't mind me asking?



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamrock6
what is a wats point and how do i get them?


Here is a really good thread by shuyler that explains the formulas used to determine all of those numbers in your member profile: Link



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamrock6
stumbled across this site a couple years ago, lost track of it, then stumbled into it again a few days ago and decided to join. just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. no, i will not tell you where i worked or what i did, but i do have over a decade of experience in military/government fields and can probably help shed a different prospective/light on claims made by other 'government employees' and claims made about the government, and maybe even help clarify a few things here and there. hope to be around for a long time on the site and make some friends and help further the cause. drop me a reply or a u2u and get to know me!

and no, i was not at Area-51 or anywhere close to it
edit on 1-1-2013 by Shamrock6 because: i sounded douchey


Well obviously you weren't in the intelligence field. You don't believe in capitalization, and you also think you can shed "prospective". I'm guessing you were a grunt, and maybe you guarded some-place.

Welcome to ATS, the forums where real live arch-angels post, along with every other type of being....



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76
 


I spent just shy of 8 years in the Marine Corps, then spent another 3 years working for one of the alphabet agencies in what could loosely be termed as the security field.

let me be clear here: i am no longer a government employee. i've moved on to bigger and better things, so i'm not some inside whistleblower or anything. it's simply that given the field i worked in, i have a bit more insight into security related topics, etc. i have no real interest in violating any of the NDAs i signed, i'm merely willing to offer some insight, perspective, and occasionally call shenanigans.



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamrock6
reply to post by jhill76
 


I spent just shy of 8 years in the Marine Corps, then spent another 3 years working for one of the alphabet agencies in what could loosely be termed as the security field.

let me be clear here: i am no longer a government employee. i've moved on to bigger and better things, so i'm not some inside whistleblower or anything. it's simply that given the field i worked in, i have a bit more insight into security related topics, etc. i have no real interest in violating any of the NDAs i signed, i'm merely willing to offer some insight, perspective, and occasionally call shenanigans.


Haha! That was awesome! Just after I had posted!



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameliel
 


you are correct sir, my lack of capitalization on an internet forum is all you need to know to figure out what i did and did not do. i'll just take my ball and go home now.



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamrock6
reply to post by Jameliel
 


you are correct sir, my lack of capitalization on an internet forum is all you need to know to figure out what i did and did not do. i'll just take my ball and go home now.


Hey you have to admit I nailed it though;-) The lack of caps along with your misuse of a word and writing style do tell a lot:-D One of my best friends worked in the intelligence field for years. At one point I considered going myself.



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameliel

Originally posted by Shamrock6
reply to post by Jameliel
 


you are correct sir, my lack of capitalization on an internet forum is all you need to know to figure out what i did and did not do. i'll just take my ball and go home now.


Hey you have to admit I nailed it though;-) The lack of caps along with your misuse of a word and writing style do tell a lot:-D One of my best friends worked in the intelligence field for years. At one point I considered going myself.


you forgot the punctuation marks in your first two sentences. emoticons do not constitute actual punctuation. clearly, you lack the grammatical strength for the intelligence field.

i keed i keed. i can grammar nazi with the best of them, too. hi to you too, enjoy spell-checking all my posts. saves me the time.



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamrock6

Originally posted by Jameliel

Originally posted by Shamrock6
reply to post by Jameliel
 


you are correct sir, my lack of capitalization on an internet forum is all you need to know to figure out what i did and did not do. i'll just take my ball and go home now.


Hey you have to admit I nailed it though;-) The lack of caps along with your misuse of a word and writing style do tell a lot:-D One of my best friends worked in the intelligence field for years. At one point I considered going myself.


you forgot the punctuation marks in your first two sentences. emoticons do not constitute actual punctuation. clearly, you lack the grammatical strength for the intelligence field.

i keed i keed. i can grammar nazi with the best of them, too. hi to you too, enjoy spell-checking all my posts. saves me the time.


The comma after "them" says otherwise. I was merely stating my observations which helped me guess your occupation. As a former military man, I'm sure you can take a joke as well as dish them out.

Was standing guard monotonous?



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
do you have anything to contribute at all or are you just going to keep bashing my interwebz typing skillz? yes, i can take jokes and dish them out. you're rapidly moving into the land of petty, inane comments and not really dishing anything out though.

yes, standing guard is very often monotonous. what would you like to know about it? how many bathroom breaks one gets during a shift? whether we carry a round in the chamber? how we eat during a shift? what the normal shift break down is during a holiday weekend?

seriously dude, not here to get into it with anybody, but i'm also not here to have my typing skills analyzed and then my life story fluffed out because i chose not to capitalize words. go troll elsewhere.



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamrock6
 



Calm down bro. I'm not trolling you. Sorry for guessing what you did, and explaining the simple process.



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
GUYS.............


Let's not forget that there are bigger and better things to debate here than spelling and commas.

And, unless someone posts in ALL CAPS and YELLS or posts a wall of text and makes me blind....I'm willing to overlook most other writing issues.

And @ Shamrock6....
Welcome to ATS



posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameliel

Welcome to ATS, the forums where real live arch-angels post, along with every other type of being....



Oh really? Could you point me in the right direction? Where can I read posts written by archangels and other beings? I have found a Lightworker so far. Thanks.
edit on 4-1-2013 by frostbitemartini because: (no reason given)





top topics
 
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join