It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December Poltergeist Case

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
December 07, 2012 we went on a case to a young woman with a very young child who is reporting poltergeist activity.

Claims:
- objects knocked over
- baby crying
- two women talking
- unfriendly dead relative
- demonic entity attacking

Actions:
- house blessed
- educational information disseminated
- helping client get connected to church and therapist for support
- contacted Patti Starr who agreed to talk with client about what it is to be a medium

Footage:

Client interview:

Ghostly Q&A:

EVP's (third on this video is incredible):

Personally I am exhausted. There was a massive amount of footage to listen to and I am amazed by the results.

I'd love to hear any and all reactions

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Explanation: S&F!

Amazing!

Personal Disclosure: Bumped for Justice!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thank you OL

This group asked me to help them with the tech and this is my second case with them.

They only had a facebook page so I also made them a website:
Researchers of Paranormal Mysteries

I also learned that being the "tech guy" = 100's of hours of work examining all the evidence after the investigation is over. And tens of hours more making the videos and uploading them... lol.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hey op thanks for sharing your findings with us. SnF

The third EVP is great, but I can't make out the last word, sounded like, "I'm jealous of the...."

What did you think it said?
edit on 1-1-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
YES!! I love this stuff. Thank you so much for posting it!

I can't wait to have time to see all the videos. For now, I had to cut to the "good stuff" and watch the EVP footage. I was a bit confused by the first sound. It sounded exactly like an e-mail or message chime that you'd get on a computer or smartphone. Was there supposed to be some other sound to hear?

The second one - that laugh sound just like a woman laughing. Possibly crying, but I'm betting on laughing. Like a chuckle, but very distinct. But there were other people talking in the background, which makes it seem like this wasn't a very well controlled environment. Can you be certain this wasn't just someone who was there chuckling. Maybe they forgot they did it? (Again, though, i apologize since I haven't seen the first too videos yet. Maybe these will resolve any concerns about the enviroment. When I have a couple of hours to set aside, I will watch them all!)

The third one sounded like "I'm jealous of this *something*... ugh!" or "I'm jealous that this court... ugh!"

Fourth one did sound like "hold on".

Again, my main worry as an outsider who has not had a chance to see the first two videos is that there was some contamination there. I was hearing investigators talking while an EVP session was being conducted, which made it difficult to know what, exactly, you were picking up.

Thanks again - this is great stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing the first two videos tomorrow when I have more time!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
Hey op thanks for sharing your findings with us. SnF

The third EGP is great, but I can't make out the last word, sounded like, "I'm jealous of the...."

What did you think it said?

Thanks for responding.

I hear "I'm jealous", and then "floor" - not sure exactly what it was saying, but we captured same voice twice, it is same voice that says "hold on" when she says she's leaving so it is intelligent and responding to both her questions.
edit on 1-1-2013 by pianopraze because: typo

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by VegHead
I can't wait to have time to see all the videos. For now, I had to cut to the "good stuff" and watch the EVP footage. I was a bit confused by the first sound. It sounded exactly like an e-mail or message chime that you'd get on a computer or smartphone. Was there supposed to be some other sound to hear?

The second one - that laugh sound just like a woman laughing. Possibly crying, but I'm betting on laughing. Like a chuckle, but very distinct. But there were other people talking in the background, which makes it seem like this wasn't a very well controlled environment. Can you be certain this wasn't just someone who was there chuckling. Maybe they forgot they did it? (Again, though, i apologize since I haven't seen the first too videos yet. Maybe these will resolve any concerns about the enviroment. When I have a couple of hours to set aside, I will watch them all!)

The third one sounded like "I'm jealous of this *something*... ugh!" or "I'm jealous that this court... ugh!"

Fourth one did sound like "hold on".

Again, my main worry as an outsider who has not had a chance to see the first two videos is that there was some contamination there. I was hearing investigators talking while an EVP session was being conducted, which made it difficult to know what, exactly, you were picking up.

Thanks again - this is great stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing the first two videos tomorrow when I have more time!

Thank you for your comments and criticisms. Both are welcome.

The evp is right before the chime of the cell phone, cell phone actually goes overtop the EVP sadly

I think this is the "baby" it kept doing these "uh" sounds through out the footage. I captured it several times but this is only one that was loud enough that it was worth bothering putting on EVP video. I am very selective about what I will put up, if it can't be clearly heard without extreme level boost/audio processing I won't put it up. There is more EVP's but these are the clearest. The baby is on many different recorders during both investigations we went. It is like baby which can't speak trying to respond to a question... very odd.

I agree about the problems with contamination, I wasn't there when these EVP's were caught, I came to the second session which was at night and we controlled the contamination better. I agree that the woman laughing/crying has a lot of noise contamination but there were only three people in house, it is VERY SMALL and paper thin walls. Jan (researcher asking question) is in the kitchen, Melony (client) and Curt (Jan's husband and researcher) were talking in living room. There is no other woman inside or outside the house that could have done this.

You can clearly hear Melony speaking during the chuckle/cry so it is not her. You can clearly hear Jan asking question and tell she is not one making the sound (and she verified this when i asked) so it is EVP.

Sometimes you don't get the best situation when you are small group researching. TV shows have insurance and liability coverage so home owners will leave home. And in this case all the activity centers on client anyways (it could be her causing everything if some poltergeist theories are true).

I hope to improve evidence collecting techniques as we go, but I am new to group and would be rude to do to much to fast if you know what I mean. I will suggest more as we go on. And all comments and suggestions are welcome.

The most startling evidence to me is the hour long Q&A session. Never experience anything like this. Where several spirits seemingly directly answered all our questions and confirmed clients testimony.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

"Spooky" stuff!

Piano,

Tell me about the equipment you used, especially the devices that blink.

And, did you ever hear that song "Ghostbusters" playing in your head while
getting ready for the job?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

"Spooky" stuff!

Piano,

Tell me about the equipment you used, especially the devices that blink.

And, did you ever hear that song "Ghostbusters" playing in your head while
getting ready for the job?

It is amazing what you find when you start looking!

We are using:
- 2 EMF meeters (one is the blinking one)
- 2 audio recorders
- 2 video recorders (one with infared)

The blinking one is called a ghost meter pro and i am not that familiar with it. The other researcher brought it. I am more familiar with the K2 meter.

I am inviting her to come to ATS and maybe she will create an account and tell you about it.

No, not heard that song while ghost hunting, but it is stuck in my head now that you mention it

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Hey Piano. LTNT

The cell or whatever was OVER the EVP?? You have access to Adobe Audition? If so, I do believe you can peel that top layer of the cell noise off of the sound/evp/whatever beneath it, isolate it, and listen to it in that state. There are several ways to pick out the freqs.. to determine if it is a human voice.. or not.. within our freq or well outside of it. You get some sentence or frag thats not within human voice frequency range.. its always a lightbulb above the head. Been messing around with EVPMaker 2.5 recently... cool stuff.
Check it out.. there are a few youtubes on it I believe.

Good luck!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
[No, not heard that song while ghost hunting, but it is stuck in my head now that you mention it

Oh, sorry bout that!

- 2 EMF meeters (one is the blinking one)
- 2 audio recorders
- 2 video recorders (one with infared)

Thanks! So....the video with infared is the one that captured the "images" .....cool!

I can certainly hear that "chuckle" ...its definitely there. Again, spooky! Yikes, very!

I look forward to questions others might have!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Very Nice work!!!!

That last EVP....

"I chose it", and then something else.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Hello, i believe the the blinking equipemnt the your are referring to is called the Ghost Meter Pro. It blinks to yes & not questions. It blinks once for yes & twice to no. I ust this in all of my investigations.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Hi my name is Jannell, that was some amazing paranormal evidence you caught. Very interesting. Looking for to your further posting of other investigations.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Hey Piano. LTNT

The cell or whatever was OVER the EVP?? You have access to Adobe Audition? If so, I do believe you can peel that top layer of the cell noise off of the sound/evp/whatever beneath it, isolate it, and listen to it in that state. There are several ways to pick out the freqs.. to determine if it is a human voice.. or not.. within our freq or well outside of it. You get some sentence or frag thats not within human voice frequency range.. its always a lightbulb above the head. Been messing around with EVPMaker 2.5 recently... cool stuff.
Check it out.. there are a few youtubes on it I believe.

Good luck!

I have Adobe Soundbooth which i'm using to analyze. I am researching various audio programs to use for cleanup - the best one seems to be one that is now out of business - soundsoap.

Have you used adobe audition to do this? I will check into EVPMaker 2.5, thanks for the tip. I'm looking for better programs now. I have Logic 9 (which will handle any audio plugins), Adobe Soundbooth (it has nice spectrum analyzer - which i've been using), soundtrack pro, adobe premier pro, adobe after effects, and out of them soundbooth seems the best so far.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

We apppreciate the knowledge & the "tech" experience that you bring to our team. One of us brings in an excellent knowledge of debunking stuff, another person brings in listening & researcher skills, another one with science skills. All of us together created Researchers of Paranormal Mysteries. We are hear to learn, teach & help those who needs us.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jannell03

Hello Jannell,

Welcome to ATS!
Thanks for your reply! Your fortunate to have a guy such as Piano working with you,
he is one in a million! Looking forward to your investigations, and Pianos reporting!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
These "investigators" always crack me up. I can clear the house without all of the "investigations". I wouldnt be surprised if it gets worse with what they have done. Will be interested in hearing updates.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameliel
These "investigators" always crack me up. I can clear the house without all of the "investigations". I wouldnt be surprised if it gets worse with what they have done. Will be interested in hearing updates.

Thank you for your imput actually and I starred you.

I can tell you what we have accomplished so far:

One woman, who was scared out of her mind, afraid to tell anyone and totally isolated has now reached out. She has a supportive fiance with whom she now is not afraid to talk.

After our investigation she felt so much lighter and she claims 3 of the entities have left and no longer bother her.

They have started going to church and have social support. I am working on getting a counselor. One of the top counselors in the state has agreed to help her find one in her area. Also, Patti Starr, a renown person in this field with experience with the clients situation has also agreed to talk to her and help her.

The clients mental, social, and family situation has improved.

Does it even matter if there are any ghost, goblins, poltergeists, or things that go bump in the night if we are helping an abused woman get help and have a better life?

Again, thank you for your comment and I starred you.

edit on 2-1-2013 by pianopraze because: typos

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

Originally posted by Jameliel

Thank you for your imput actually and star.

I can tell you what we have accomplished so far:

1 woman, who was scared out of her mind. Afraid to tell anyone and totally isolated is now reached out. She has a supportive fiance who she now is not afraid to talk with.

After our investigation she felt so much lighter and she claims 3 of the entities have left and no longer bother her.

They have started going to church, and I am working on getting a counselor. One of the top counselors in the state has agreed to help her find one in her area. Also Patti Starr, a renown person in this field with experience with the clients sitations has also agreed to talk to her and help her.

The clients mental, social, and family situation has improved.

Does it matter if there are any ghost, goblins, poltergeists, or things that go bump in the night if we are helping an abused woman get help and have a better life?

Again, thank you for your comment and I starred you.

Respect for getting her help. As far as the entities, time will tell. It looks like a step in the right direction though.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join