It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A President with the public in mind would never fear the public he presides.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
A hundred years ago our presidents walked around head high through the crowds of his citizens and did not worry about the guy on the grassy knowl because if someone wanted to kill him then it was his fate. Live by the sword die by the sword. But now our leaders hide and cower if they are ever forced into a public situation or they have dozens of agents watching their ass. Why would the president fear the people if he was doing a good job as president. Back in times when it wasn't difficult for a president to be assassinated very few were but now all of our presidents And leaders hide from Americans because their action have caused a civil unrest where leaders now fear for their lives. When Abraham Lincoln was president do you think he never thought about someone killing him? I'm sure he thought about it every day but did he run? No he still continued with his principals and accepted fate as it was for him when he agreed to do what he needed to do. The same with Kennedy. When the presidents before him cowered behind security he was out in the open accepting the American people the good and bad. Where have these values in our leadership gone? There is not a movement that Obama makes that almost completely removes him from the public even when in public. For instance when he visited ft bliss the soldiers where held off by secret service. On a military base where the soldiers that fight his wars and he commands was afraid if he wasn't there would have been no Secret service. It just boggles my mind what has the role of our leaders come to that what they enact on the general public makes them targets and fear for their lives 24/7. What a terrible way to live? Why not just fix the civil unrest so that you may walk among the public with open arms for them and not barricades and bullet proof vests. Of I ever became president the first thing I would do is get rid of any body guards so the public knew that I was not afraid and my next actions would give them no reason to cause me harm and if harm came to me then I would accept it as a possibility when I signed up for the role.

When George Washington was president do you know who his body guards were? Then general public and other members of the government that walked tall next to him. Now our leaders only scurry from one armored limo to the next like roaches when the lights come on.

When the president is seen in the public the event was planned for days in advanced to ensure that any possibilities of a problem are removed. Do you know how much that costs? Why don't he just do a great job and hold his head high in the public like the presidents that had the publics best interests at heart did before them.

Just boggles my mind why our Polititians are so scared of their own people even when addressing only it's own military.
edit on 1-1-2013 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Washington did have a bodyguard and I believe his name was Thomas Hickey.

He was executed for treason (first in the US) after a plot to kill Washington was uncovered. This is off the top of my head, so you will have to look it up.

I believe it is naive to think that someone with such power can be expected to walk around the streets with no protection at all. Even those of us that are not well-known politicians protect ourselves against unknown dangers.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Even if a leader was beloved by his own country men, it does not mean he would not face danger from outside interests. In the case of a major threat, from his own countrymen or otherwise, the common citizen is not properly trained to protect such a valuable target.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Well, first of all, no president can please 100% of the people, 100% of the time. If he leans toward conservative, he will piss off the liberals. If he leans toward liberal, he will piss off the conservatives. Someone will always be unhappy with him.

Second of all, as someone else mentioned, you have outside parties who want to do harm to our country by assassinating our president.

And finally - you have guys like this:

edit on 1-1-2013 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

So why would you add to the image that your country was dangerous even from your own people. Sure everyone has someone that looks out for them when you are that high up but never have we had to employ thousands of people to protect one man especially from their own people. In my eyes if you cant be a leader in this world and be in fear of your life 24/7 it either means you are doing something wrong or something right and if you are doing something right there will be another man behind you willing to carry on the ideal if you should fall. This was the ideals of times long ago though.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

# 1 Successful assassinations
* 1.1 Abraham Lincoln
* 1.2 James A. Garfield
* 1.3 William McKinley
* 1.4 John F. Kennedy

# 2 Failed assassination attempts
* 2.1 Andrew Jackson
* 2.2 Abraham Lincoln
* 2.3 Theodore Roosevelt
* 2.4 Herbert Hoover
* 2.5 Franklin D. Roosevelt
* 2.6 Harry S. Truman
* 2.7 John F. Kennedy
* 2.8 Richard Nixon
* 2.9 Gerald Ford
* 2.10 Jimmy Carter
* 2.11 Ronald Reagan
* 2.12 George H. W. Bush
* 2.13 Bill Clinton
* 2.14 George W. Bush
* 2.15 Barack Obama

# 3 Presidential deaths rumored to be assassinations
* 3.1 Zachary Taylor
* 3.2 Warren G. Harding

en.wikipedia.org...

i think they may have missed a few?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

So why would you add to the image that your country was dangerous even from your own people.

british and vatican assassins did much of the damage.
several are still to be decided.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
More crazy people with much better weapons not to mention enemy powers makes protection for the President a matter of national security. Washington did not have threats to his America that could destroy it in a couple of hours if he and a few others were taken out and our nuclear deterant nuetralized.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
But to say that you are the leader of the free world but then have more security than any other leader screams hypocrisy. If you are surrounded by men 24/7 and can't even take a crap without someone looking over your shoulder because someone might get you coming through the sink drain than you are the least free person on the planet. The president isn't even allowed to drive or walk long distances he must be taken by limo even if he could walk the distance. He lives in a hamster ball. If anyone asked that hamster was free no one would say yes. But his ideals are supposed to be the very fabric of freedom. Look at the ones the ones that were for the people their agendas got pushed through by those who followed even after their deaths. The rest are corrupt. I mean really look at some of the stuff our presidents have done to the American people and you don't expect those presidents to be targets? To die doing what is right is an honorable death to die while doing evil is justice.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

Being a high-profile individual comes with it's consequences. Celebrities and politicians alike have to protect themselves from the dangers they face in our reality.

In a perfect world they could walk among us without fear or assistance. Fact is...there are some crazy people out there that will do crazy stuff. I find no harm in the President protecting himself, whether I agree with him politically or not.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

So instead of addressing the mental health of country and add more guards. Same thing happening with the guns today. Instead of addressing the people that commit the crimes they punish everyone who has a gun. Instead of addressing the mental health of the citizens they add more guards to protect the leaders at the cost of the public.

But do you or do you not agree that no matter what side of the fense you are if a 100$ bill is added to everyone's paycheck each week because both sides worked things out for the best of the public no one would complain and if mental health was address the dangerous people would be properly handled in a well oiled machine. But no no one gets to the root of the issues and just want to put any action that might help regardless if they were throught through or a benefit to society.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Obama has every reason to be afraid not just of Americans but of people worldwide. Why? because everyone reaps what they sow. Just imagine Obama reaping what he sows millions, if not billions, of times over.

Proverbs 26:24 A malicious man disguises himself with his lips, but in his heart he harbors deceit. Though his speech is charming, do not believe him, for seven abominations fill his heart. His malice may be concealed by deception, but his wickedness will be exposed in the assembly. If a man digs a pit, he will fall into it; if a man rolls a stone, it will roll back on him. A lying tongue hates those it hurts, and a flattering mouth works ruin.

...and so it is with Obama. Just because the media isn't getting paid to report on all the ways that Obama and his family reap what he sows does not mean that it isn't happening and will continue to happen many times over for the rest of their lives.

Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

I'm actually entertained by watching Obama heap curses upon himself and family on a daily basis. Nobody has to do anything to him because he is quite ignorant enough to do it all to himself.
edit on 2-1-2013 by chizeled because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join