It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fiscal cliff deal heads to House after Senate vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Well, we all knew that it would come down to the wire, but apparently an 11th hour deal has been struck to prevent the US from falling over the fiscal cliff. Republicans gave in in raising taxes but not at the levels desired by Democrats. Parts of this deal include raising taxes on those making over $400K per year (couples making $450K), blocking spending cuts for 2 months, extending unemployment benefits, preventing a 27% cut in fees for doctors who take Medicare patients and preventing a spike in milk prices.
Link To Story

Just seems to me that rather than waiting until the last minute this deal should have been struck weeks ago! The House and Senate appear to have much love for this kind of 11th hour drama that makes the rest of us need an aspirin and an antacid!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I'm urging my congressmen to vote against this.

Unemployment extension? Isn't the unemployment rate going down?

Obama can't take credit for the unemployment rate going down then throw out more money because unemployment is a problem.

Too many producers are going to be hurt by ending their Bush tax cuts. This tax cut should be made permanent for everyone.

Not enough spending cuts.

Vote this deal down.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Every representative that voted for this crap should be voted out at election time. We may not get them to do what we want but we can do our best to get rid of them when they don't.
edit on 1/1/2013 by TXTriker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I would think that the House will probably give this deal a big "NO" vote, but honestly why couldn't they have come up with it and taken a vote on it weeks ago? They always wait until the very last minute to make some kind of compromise (that in reality they probably had ready a long time ago) for the benefit of the cameras. I wish there were some sort of law that stated if they haven't ironed out and approved a deal before such deadlines that their positions would be forfeit and passed on to whoever came in second in their respective elections, or that they would forfeit their salaries for the rest of their elected terms.

new topics

top topics

join