It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subconscious mind.. .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
What if you forgot to check whether the door is closed,would your subconscious mind secretly worried about it?.. .

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantumSeeker

....nope.

The conscious mind doubts, the subconscious knows.

Peace
edit on 1-1-2013 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
You mean it remembers everything?.. .What if.. .I break my own rules?.. .How to make your subconscious mind forget somehting?.. .

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

No, because my subconscious mind only comes into play only after I make a mistake.
It likes to shut the gate after the horse has bolted. If my house was burgled for leaving the door unlocked I'd never hear the end of it.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumSeeker
How to make your subconscious mind forget somehting?.. .

You mean, how to consciously ignore what your subconscious knows?

You could do that, millions do it every day.

Peace

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
We just went to the supermarket and forgot to close the door, I literally just walked in, weird this was the 1st thread I saw.

Anyway, No. My subconcious mind didnt say S***!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Basically I want to make sure I am not manifesting something through law of attraction if my subconscious mind is secretly believing it without me knowing it.. .

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

"Believing" is a conscious process..... Your subconscious doesn't believe anything!

Peace

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Define forget. Under hypnosis you can restructure and reshape memories, and limit the conscious access to them (but not really erase).

I do not believe that the subconscious knows anything it records and to a point prioritizes (with help from the conscious and repetitions and similitudes), only the conscious can make inferences. The subconscious is very basic in its capabilities like a baby (in fact it has been arguable that the subconscious is the operand mind in our infancy, the primitive core part of the brain, that conscience takes form as we fine tune the more the modern parts of our brain.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11

Define forget. Under hypnosis you can restructure and reshape memories, and limit the conscious access to them (but not really erase).

I do not believe that the subconscious knows anything it records and to a point prioritizes (with help from the conscious and repetitions and similitudes), only the conscious can make inferences. The subconscious is very basic in its capabilities like a baby (in fact it has been arguable that the subconscious is the operand mind in our infancy, the primitive core part of the brain, that conscience takes form as we fine tune the more the modern parts of our brain.

HUH??

That would be your ego saying this...(very much a product of the conscious mind) and it has got you thinking the subconscious mind is somehow "inferior" to the conscious mind when in fact it's the other way around, if you ask me....

Peace

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Well,isn;t in one of.. . the law of attraction theories,they say you manifest what your subconscious mind believes in?.. .Let's say law of attraction is 100% true and.. .someone thinks that he will miss the arrow in archery for a quite a period of time,after some time he uses affirmation and reprograms his subconscious mind and became good in archery.. .But if his subconscious mind can't forget all those negative talk inside his own head,isn't he slightly disadvantaged in a way?.. .

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I did not say inferior, in fact in capacity the conscious part of our mind is a midget (a flea in the back of an elephant). I was referring to the capacity of decision, inference and logic, the subconscious can mimic parts of it but it is an automated process that requires learning and experience that is in large part provided by the experiences of the conscious (the subconscious also learns by inference and association without much interference from the conscious, in fact the conscious at times even incapable of controlling some of that learning). I still do not like much the distinction of conscious and subconscious these are extremely archaic terms that rest on imperfect models of the mind, but since we lack better common terms we keep to them.

The Ego resides in both the conscious and subconscious, in fact the ego is a good model for anyone to think about in defining how the subconscious creates the image of self, and how that relates to your conscious images of self (they may even match, in fact if the dissimilitude is great then greater issues may arise).

edit on 1-1-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Hey iknowstuff,how do you know what is your subconscious mind thinking?.. .
And operation mindcrime and panick,where do you guys get your information from?.. .
edit on 1-1-2013 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumSeeker
Basically I want to make sure I am not manifesting something through law of attraction if my subconscious mind is secretly believing it without me knowing it.. .

My husband was watching a tv show the other day and I was listening but not watching. The opening segment of this show featured a young woman being chased by a murderer. As the murderer was about to pounce on the unsuspecting woman, the lyrics of the music playing in the background sang something like "and you'll not escape the six six six". I stopped what I was doing as it registered with me. My husband who WAS watching the show did not hear the words. They, of course, were heard on a subliminal level. Subliminal programming and indoctrination does work on the subconscious level, and therefore things like meditation which seeks  "knowledge from within" IS accessing these inner beliefs - the inner self, the inner dragon - the inner thoughts that scream in defiance "I am god and will be subject to no external God, even my Creator".

Charles Manson:

Into all this, Charles Manson emerged in 1967 and soaked up the ideas then prevalent and articulated them with a voice which commanded attention. One of his followers tried to explain that he wasn’t brainwashed by Manson but impressed by him: “The words that would come from Manson’s mouth would not come from inside him, [they] would come from what I call the Infinite.”

Just like Walt Whitman, Manson believes that his “I” was more than the limited ego of one particular small time hoodlum. When he says “I” he means the same thing that Whitman meant when he began his “Song of Myself,” with “I celebrate myself, and sing myself.” The initial reaction of most people first reading this is, “what a conceited, egocentric ass!” But further reading reveals that his celebration is not of Walt Whitman of Manhattan the son, but Walt Whitman, spokesman for the Kosmos. When Walt Whitman the particular human opened his throat, the voice that came out came from the infinite. His was the “latent conviction” which Emerson proclaimed would be “the universal sense,” a voice inside each and every one of us. This voice exists not in rational consciousness but in the subconscious, below the petty games we play. Whitman was no dualist, a finite sinful human out of touch with truth. He was a pure romantic, a monist, convinced that what he felt in his heart was one with the falling rain, the blowing clover, the rising sun.

You hear this same conceit in much of Manson’s rhetoric and behavior. Where does your music come from, he is asked? His response is to stand up, say “It comes from this,” and then go into a dance of flinging arms and swinging legs, a whirling dervish of energy. His spirit, he is saying, is the basic spirit from which all life emanates. He taps into that spirit. “I respect the will of God, son,” he says to Geraldo Rivera.

“What will is that?”

“The will of God.” And then he goes into his dance again humming and chanting along with it. “Whatever you want to call it, Call it Jesus. Call it Mohammed. Call it Nuclear Mind. Call it Blow the World up. Call it your heart. Call it whatever you want to call it. It’s still music to me. It’s there. It’s the will of life.”

That this will is also his will is implicit in what follows: “They crowd me in,” he tells Rivera, “and I’ve got this little space. I live in the desert. I live in the mountains, man. I’m big. My mind is big, but everyone’s trying to crowd me down and push me down and make me something they need me to be. But that’s not me.” mason.gmu.edu...

"How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me? ..."

"In his pride the wicked does not seek Him; in all
his thoughts there is no room for God. ... "

Eve was deceived by the senses, she perceived what she though was 'greater' truth outside of God. She was wrong. The end of the age ends as the beginning - the rise of mankind believing itself to be truth and goodness, never understanding that only God is Truth and Goodness. They exchange the Truth for "the lie"....worshipping the created instead of the Creator.

Manson should scare anyone as these beliefs are in so many threads today.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I get mine from experience, observation and reading a lot of papers and books on the subject (psychology, hypnosis and neuroscience) I give no credence to psychoanalysis beyond some generalities and models. I have always been fascinated by the fact that all reality is what the mind creates, reality is indeed in the mind's eye.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

....nope.

The conscious mind doubts, the subconscious knows.

Peace

You should have added that the subconsciousness would know. I say the subconscious mind is the higher self.

Doubt is external to the mind.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

What's beyond the subconscious mind?

To be free is to function out of the subconscious mind. The selfconscious mind is nothing but a filter to it, a dirty one that is.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
As another poster stated, I don't think you can really differentiate between a subconscious & conscious brain. I see the "conscious" brain more like a decision making center. Your subconscious feeds you the available options and you take the "best" pick for the situation.

So if you always respond in the same way to a given situation, you're not actually choosing to respond that way, you HAVE to respond that way. Because your subconsciousness doesn't have any other options to present to you.
Obviously more options can be added, through introspection, external sources, etc...

new topics

top topics

join