It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Cures for the holiday hangover

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
got couple methods ... first one is have a few cup strong coffee at end of night drinking then more strong coffee when wake up ... or if not got work next day .... more sake ...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

What's your favourite holiday hangover cure?

My hangover cure...I don't drink alcohol at all...every day I drink water, coffee or tea.

I think my hangover cure is the best...don't drink alcohol at all!...

Happy New Year Beezer...I am saying it ever so quietly.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I'm not really one to drink, but when I do, to prevent hangover the next morning, I eat a meal before going to bed.

While I sleep, my body will have replaced alcohol by water and other good stuff contained in the food...

It prevents killing headaches, heart wrenching heartache and overall, you'll only feel like you've been up just a bit too long.

It has never failed me, so it shouldn't fail you either.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this trick works all year round, not just on "Holidays Hangover"...

edit on 1-1-2013 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2013 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Monster Rehab and lots of water.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hangovers are usually due to dehydration. Even though it's liquid you're drinking, the alcohol is processed faster than water is. Before you go to bed, take a tylenol with a full glass of water. If you get up at all during the night, drink more water (and your bladder will help you get up to do it again). If the hangover still shows up, drink as much liquid as you can (without alcohol in it) when you get up and it will soon dissapate.

Dehydration is rougher on you than you think

The ideas that involve food with high water content are good too, such as the apple as well as eating before going to bed after drinking

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ouch, I need a cure too.

Oh my head hurts.

I think I drank too much.

Sister keeps throbbing my head just by talking. Anyone got a muzzle?

BTW:

Chocolate Milk and chitting to cure the hangover.

edit on 1-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The best 'cure' is not to over indulge in alcohol.I drank a glass of
30 proof eggnog and felt great.I should mention that in the past
two weeks I have drank 3 bottles of that 30 proof eggnog.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Secret Cures for the holiday hangover
Ouch. (please reply quietly)

In response to your thread title - If I told you, I would have to turn around, and...kill you.
Yeah - I know - that might be preferred to some headaches...
But - Happy New Year (whispered, of course).

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Creating the hangover again...

Someone stop me..

Got rid of the original hangover though...

My only two days off...

Can you blame me?

Work hard, Party hard.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
For me I found the thing that helped me the most a few weeks back and that is a Vitamin B complex... not just that but a time released complex.. the reason being is that Vitamin B doesn't last in your body long before it's flushed out and it does A LOT to help you feel better... it's one of the first things you become deficient on if you're drinking lots of alcohol.

Second thing would be to point out that while water is hydrating, it's not NEARLY as hydrating as a sports drink or even best? Pedialyte .. it's designed for infants who are dehydrated so it lacks the added sugars and sticks the high levels of what is needed .. namely Potassium, Zinc, small amounts of Dextrose and Fructose instead of Sucrose for carbs and of course Water.. Pedialyte is far more effective than water alone due to the simple fact it's higher in electrolytes which alcohol also depletes depletes.

So ..

1. Time released vitamin B complex, smart to take it before your night out, and then after.
2. Pedialyte.. probably two packets the night before, and 2-3 the next day.. don't go nuts with it though.
3. A hearty breakast with eggs .. eggs contain cysteine which helps a lot
4. Pain relever, just incase ( the next day.. not the night of .. could be dangerous taking pain killers with alcohol in your system! )

I can't stress how much Vitamin B supplements help, but if they aren't time release then they have much less benefit because they will be depleted the next trip or two to the bathroom.. They even make vitamin B patches you can wear ..

This comes from 15 years of new years eve parties, birthdays and weekends out with friends.. for my NYE I was doing shots of a drink called liquid coc aine, shots of vodka and a few beers.. any other year I'd be DOA all day today but I was up at 8am feeling pretty great.

Your best cure is still to just abstain .. as boring as that is =) .. GO VITAMIN B COMPLEX!
edit on 1/1/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by beezzer

Ouch, I need a cure too.

Oh my head hurts.

I think I drank too much.

Sister keeps throbbing my head just by talking. Anyone got a muzzle?

BTW:

Chocolate Milk and chitting to cure the hangover.

Most of the "cure" I've found is in what you do BEFORE your night out, or during.. not after.. if you're already feeling it then the "cure" takes a while to kick in ... taking a time released vitamin b complex before going out and then before bed makes a WHOLE world of difference because it will continue to release throughout the night..

I think B is often overlooked because the normal supplements are flushed out so quickly, especially when you add in alcohol since it forces you to the bathroom more than usual ..

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
got couple methods ... first one is have a few cup strong coffee at end of night drinking then more strong coffee when wake up ... or if not got work next day .... more sake ...

Coffee is actually one of the worst things you can drink, especially the night you drank.. it actually helps you become more intoxicated and helps dehydrate you faster..

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Regarding hangovers - speaking as a veteran of untold thousands of adventures in hangover land, I can only reinforce what others have said. Water ( too bad you don't have a personal physician handy - the IV bag cure works in mere minutes. ) and preventative measures are your best bet.

Energy drinks can help, but not enough to qualify them as a cure.

Once, many years ago, I experienced the joy of discovering that Pizza Hut BBQ pizza seemed to cure hangovers. At least with my physiology they did. Sadly, Pizza Hut discontinued that pizza some years back.

Don't feel too bad though Beez. I'm sitting here with a massive headache that won't go away and feeling a bit shaky - and I didn't drink a drop last night. Am I the only one around who's getting old enough to experience these "Jeesh, I used to have to kill 30-40 beers to feel this bad. Now it happens all on it's own...."

Then again I may be the only one who has ever had to pay off a single night bar tab in installments. True story.

~Heff
edit on 1/1/13 by Hefficide because: Years first typo

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Tea with a bit of evaporated milk and Salted top Soda crackers.

The tea has a bit of caffein so it gets you up and going, the milk seems to soothe the acidity, the salt helps retain the much needed water and the crackers absorb that gut rot. Worked for me.

There's also this tea right here..
steepster.com...

Anyways, now I have a much better solution for hangovers... not drinking as much.
Good luck!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thank you, Beez, you always make me laugh. Are you some famous comedian hiding out on ATS?

I always feel best when I get out in the fresh air, I know, who wants to go outside feeling like that. But it does seem to help, along with mega aspirin, Gatorade and fatty food. A little hair of the dog doesn't hurt either!

And locking the kids up somewhere till its over.

edit on 1-1-2013 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

fried chicken(with special HERB seasoning) beer and time, if i ever have a hangover i get some chicken and a quality larger or ale depending on how bad my stomach feels, and sit on the couch and watch a movie, i havent had to do this in a while cause i learned to keep myself in check when it comes to drinking, however i do have the occasional night of over doing myself, and that remedy worked well when i was a kid, and it still works today.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
shower is also a good remedy for the hangover.. because after taking shower your body will be refresh and the blood circulation will increases which will relax the body..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join