Secret Cures for the holiday hangover

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Ouch. (please reply quietly)

Okay, so I had a bit to drink. Waking up to running/yelling boys playing hide n' seek, both boys hollering for food, while the scotch enjoyed last night left a rather cruel reminder this morning.

What to do?

Shower.
Drink lots of fluids.
Wave a large stick at the boys and curse profoundly! (haha just kidding)
Caffeine.
Ibuprophen.
Cold meds (got a bit of sinus)

I'm not 100%, but I am 97% and can fake the other 3%

What's your favourite holiday hangover cure?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Berocca and chicken satays, works everytime
edit on 1-1-2013 by blackspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Take a shower . Then caffeine .

If it doesn't work ,curse yourself

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

a 6-pack

works every time.

soulwaxer

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Red apples. Every time, a red apple will completey get rid of any lingering sickness. It might take a bit of effort to eat it, but once you do, you suddenly realise you're feeling almost human again.

I dunno if it works for anyone else, everyone else I know I've told to try, turns their nose up in preference to a big fat greasy bowl of 2 minute noodles and sausages... which instantly turns my stomach.

Having said that..

Haa Haa.

I've never seen new years sober. I was asleep by 11pm. lol. first time in almost 30 years.

I realised how boring this city is, if I just wanted to go and enjoy the night as part of the city, it would mean being around pedestrian scum whose idea of a good time is bashing people, OR paying an arm and a leg to sit down in some fancy bollocks of a restaurant.

Not like what everyone saw with the rest of the country.

Someone needs to stick a firecracker up the my city's wazoo. And at least that would have been an explosion to enjoy...

(not to say there was nothing at all going on here, but unless you're a young whipper snipper with all the fidgety energy of a whippet or some chardonnay boat faring weasel, forgedaboutit..)

New years? Looks the same as the old one to me.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

German Bratwurst or Currywurst with fries or roast potatoes.
Practically designed to soak up the hangover. Works everytime for me.

Originally posted by beezzer
Wave a large stick at the boys and curse profoundly! (haha just kidding)

Waving a broad-sword should do the trick!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Thanks for the suggestions.

Hangovers are the ultimate in self-inflicted wounds.
As people today prepare for their New Year's Day feast, many are sipping Bloody Mary's or wondering who in the hell is in their bed. (Ahhh, my youth!) I've tried many cures for the hangovers of my youth. College taught me a myriad of things. Most of the things I can never apply to normal life and the rest? I'm just glad I survived!

Children can and are the best cures for hangovers. Their peals of childish laughter can cut through a headache better than a laser through warm butter. So normally I avoid such concoctions that would induce such pain in the am.

I am almost positive that the 10 plagues that visited Egypt were a result of alcohol. (hey guys! Let's throw red dye into the Nile! -Next morning?- OMG! Blood!)

But the elusive secret cure for an all night binge remains unfound. I think that can be attributed to the fact that if you hit yourself in the head repeatedly with a hammer, the next morning, it's going to hurt!
edit on 1-1-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

One Clean Spotless Glass
Fill with Two Rocky Mountain Oysters
and Two Farm Fresh Free Range Raw Egg Yolks

Wolf it Down

Keep Calm, and Carry On.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by beezzer

One Clean Spotless Glass
Fill with Two Rocky Mountain Oysters
and Two Farm Fresh Free Range Raw Egg Yolks

Wolf it Down

Keep Calm, and Carry On.

I turned my head so I wouldn't ruin my new laptop, and barfed on my cat.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I will be marketing and selling a product soon, since I am quite familiar with the hangover condition. Will u2u you the details...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

i don't drink much anymore, but when i did a bloody mary always seemed to be a hangover remedy for me. the obvious cure to a hangover though is don't drink

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Hangovers are caused by dehydration. I'm in the medical field, but on the business end. The clinical side have been known to do IV's on each other prior to going to sleep to hydrate. I asked about why this works vs. just drinking a bunch of water, and the IV bag fluid goes straight into your blood stream, diluting the alcohol.

Anyways, I know we can't do IV bags, so my preferred treatment for a hangover is as follows:

Hydration drink (similar to Gatorade, but much better)
Allergy pill (non drowsy)
Tylenol (as ibuprofen and alcohol are not a good idea together)
Mexican food, the hotter the better!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by curiouswa

Oh to have a banana bag in my livingroom!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I don't want to make the thread too naughty but I've legitimately found that sex, or masturbation, are genuine TEMPORARY reliefs.

In fact there's something to the stimulus of sex, whether with a partner or with your hand, that seems to aleviate most mild illnesses.

anyone else noticed this?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandStrategy
I don't want to make the thread too naughty but I've legitimately found that sex, or masturbation, are genuine TEMPORARY reliefs.

In fact there's something to the stimulus of sex, whether with a partner or with your hand, that seems to aleviate most mild illnesses.

Neighbors might complain.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I don't have a hangover this morning as rather than a hangover cure I have a hangover preventative!

My hangover preventative must be done before you go to sleep (or pass out) after a night of drinking. It took years of research and experimentation to develop this method, and I have never experienced a hangover since discovering it!

Step One: Take 2 of either BC Powders, Stanback Powders or other over the counter preparation with similar ingredients (like over the counter migraine medicine)

Step Two: Take 2 antacid tablets (I prefer Tums, but whatever your preference)

Step Three: Consume one of these- ice cream, malt or shake, big glass of milk or chocolate milk

That's it! Fortunately I discovered this in my 20s and passed the info to all my friends and family. None have experienced a hangover in many years! Give it a try next time you've been celebrating!

CX

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by GrandStrategy

Neighbors might complain.

Don't do it with the neighbors then.

For me, it;s a shower, preferably cold, followed by a cup of tea and a big full english breakfast.

CX.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join