It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If only the world was full of 'me'.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
(did a quick search, didn't find anything)

Have you ever thought about what the world would be like full of 'you'? Instead of 6 billion random people, how about 6 billion of 'you' running around?

Personally, I think 'we' would be far far far more advanced than we are now. Actually, I don't think, I know. Which tells me.... We're being held back.

Cause I am not the brightest by far,

which makes me think about what if the world was full of 'Jesus''.....BORING!....(but peaceful heh)

edit on 1-1-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

I just thought how maybe this is the basic ideology of TPTB. They want control, through mind control or whatever...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The world is full of you. How are you doing so far?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
dude i think about this all the time. nothing would get done. the world would be in disarray. thank god not everyone is like me lol

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
if the world were full of me, it would be very smokey. .

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

haha yes, and everyone would be perpetually hungry

link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

Ahaa, but 'good' smoke. 'good good'

link   
love thy neighbor...turn the other cheek...if everyone did that, there would be no one who would do the slapping

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

OMG I Thought I was the only one!!! The world would be a lot better off full of Me. For Sure.

Cool

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tonybotzo

very hungry

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
If the world were full of me, or of you so to speak, we would have no need of arguments, wait, that's a good thing...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I don't even want the world to be full of me, I just want everyone in the world to listen to me. It would be a much better place!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

I believe the human race have passed the 7 billion mark already.

You talk about "6 billion" in your OP.

Just saying: The issue is bigger than what you thought.

Check out this web-site:
www.breathingearth.net...

According to the "BreathingEarth" web-site, the population is 7.1 billion already.

(Please note that the "BreathingEarth" web-site does take a while to load.)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by QMask

Nice!

So 7.1 billion of me = Level 3 Civilization - Interstellar Travel or something

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Am I to take this scenario as if the world was literally full of clones of me?

Let's not be vain. If the world was full of me, it would be very similar as if the world was full of you: terrible. Very very little would get done. Creativity and art would be almost nonexistent. Progress would be extremely hindered. Chaos would reign.

It's important to have different viewpoints, opinions, and ways of approaching a situation. None of which will happen if it's just a bunch of you's or me's walking around. You are not the perfect human being and neither am I. We may not be happy with societies around the world, but making everyone the same person is not the way to fix things.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I think the OP watched Dr. Who last night. The reality would be self loathing and the inevitable extinction of man.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Damsel

I agree with you about no creativity. But I can't imagine any chaos with a world of me.

Originally posted by jimmiec
I think the OP watched Dr. Who last night. The reality would be self loathing and the inevitable extinction of man.

Who? But, I'm sure one of 'me's could figure out how to have a baby without a female.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I have often came to this particular topic when in thought experiments.

I often think it would be great to have a world full of 'Me's', as, well, we would all agree with each other correct? No more wars over religion, no more corrupt governments and banking systems screwing over the little guys.

However, if you want to get really technical, the versions of 'Me' (or 'You) would have to be exact genetic/ biological/ behavioral clones of myself exposed to the exact same developmental environment.
Otherwise a very interesting situation would arise in which despite the fact that every 'Me' was an exact clone, the psychological attributes of each clone (assuming we all don't live on the one continent since that could get a little squishy) would be influenced by the environmental factors which influenced the clones development.

So interestingly enough, depending on how you envisioned this cloning concept, the clones of 'You' or 'Me' could ultimately end up being vastly different versions of ourselves based on their own particular development.
I was going to say i doubt the differences would be too significant, but the environment you're exposed to greatly affects mood and what not, so who knows you could end up having versions of you with depression, mania, OCD, substance abuse disorders.....

What a great and tricky concept this is!

top topics

join