It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple philosophy on "Way for Being Human" to stay happy in 2013 & beyond.New year's wish.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
So you sit with your phone in your hand/ behind your keyboard/ or looking the person in the eye and you really want to wish them everything that is just the best for 2013. But the usual words just don't seem to live up to the sincerity in your heart and somehow the message is just not fully conveyed with 'Happy New Year'.

I came across this while looking for old papers in a store away box; folded and a little torn around the edges.

If I could wish anything for all of you for 2013 (and beyond) is to realise this about yourselves as it would result in a better world for all. Each and every one of you:

The way for being human:

(When you were born you didn't come with an owner's manual; these guidelines make life work better.)

1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, (you choose) but is the only thing you are sure to keep for the rest of your life.

2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called "Life on Planet Earth". Every person or incident is the Universal Teacher.

3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of experimentation. "Failures" are as much a part of the process as "Success".

4. A lesson is repeated until it is learnt. It is presented to you in various forms until you learn it - then you can go on to the next lesson. You will know you have learnt a lesson when your priories and choices change.

5. If you don't learn easy lesson, they get harder. External problems are a precise reflection of your internal state. When you clear inner obstructions, your outside world changes. Pain is how the universe gets your attention.

6. You will know you have learnt a lesson when your actions change. Wisdom is practise. A little of something is better than nothing.

7. "There" is no better than "Here". When your "There" becomes a "Here" you will simply obtain another "There" that looks better than "Here".

8. Others are only a mirror of you. You cannot love or hate something about another, unless it reflects something you love or hate in yourself.

9. Your life is up to you. Life provides the canvas; you do the painting. Take charge of your life - or someone else will.

10 You always get what you want. Your subconscious rightfully determines what energies, experiences and people you attract; therefore the only foolproof way to know what you want is to see what you have. There are no victims - only students.

11. There is no right or wrong, but there are consequences. Moralising doesn't help, judgements only hold the patterns in place. Just do your best.

12. Your answers lie inside you. Children need guidance from others; as we mature we must trust our hearts, where the Laws of the Spirit are written. You know more than you have heard or read or been told. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.

13. You will forget all of this.

14 You can remember anytime you wish.
edit on 31-12-2012 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2013 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2013 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
We have enough rules as it is. If you wish to be true, don't restrict your freedom with self proclaimed rules.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Really deep reply there, thanks.

Symantics.

Happy now?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

There are no "lessons", just happenings. If I punch the water, it will splash and I may become wet. If I don't punch the water - it will not splash and I will not become wet.

It is not a lesson to be learned to not punch the water - it is simply an action with an effect.

Be mean to others and they may do the same to you. Be nice and they may act nicer - no lessons just causes and effects.

Existence Occurs
edit on 1-1-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Goodness me, it really is just symantics. call it what you may.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

There is a difference but it's subtle.

If you are saying "lessons" in the sense of being aware of what effects come from the actions, then yes, but I wouldn't want to call it "higher knowledge" only because it seems like children being forced in a school against their will.

The only thing you need to know in regard to lessens is this " When do this, it will cause that effect, but is this what I truly wan - or will it cause suffering for others and/or myself?"

I guess I am saying, it's best to get to the core than to be learning lessonS.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
"I'm my own worst enemy..." a very true secular saying.

How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me? ..." psalm 13:2

My thoughts = my enemy

In his pride the wicked does not seek him; in all
his thoughts there is no room for God."
Psalm 10:4

"Going within" finds self - the enemy of all that is good, which IS GOD. Going within exalts self and what self desires. This "way of becoming human" is a sure fire method of becoming an earthly beast. Let's just not encourage this generation of youth, raised on images of violence, lust, bloodshed and anger, to seek "going within" for....

"... Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but ..."

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

You said "thoughts leave no room for god", "thoughts are the enemy". That sounds nice, but then you said "going within is what self wants".

If you are TRULY going with in, it is NOT what the misidentified self wants. The self wants to identify itself with thoughts, emotions, desire, and sometimes even the physical body - it is trying to distract itself from realizing that ALL of these things arise from SILENCE/EMPTINESS, and that is what scares it.

In your mind, before a thought happens, there is silence;
before a desire happens, there is calmness.

"Be silent, and know that I am God!" - Psalms 46:10

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Star and flag for not only a thought provoking thread, but providing a template that should be followed and understood to improve are ways of life.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Does Christianity have to get dragged into every thread about how this or how that is the work of 'Demons or Satan'?

Puhhh-lease!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

Does Christianity have to get dragged into every thread about how this or how that is the work of 'Demons or Satan'?

Puhhh-lease!

Yah, don't get me started there! This thread was simply meant as a small insight to man and the world he creates for himself. However, it died a quick death due to the fear within that one might have to practice a little discipline, self restraint and humility in one's own life and take responsibility for what you got. Sadly, my conclusion (due to the response) was that ah well, most are just not ready to look within themselves. Neva mind!

The poster that commented about 'going within'..... well, actually I could not even make out if he/she is for or against it. maybe I'm a little short of marbles but hey... Peww! Honestly, it seemed confusing and obsessive.

You know, I have reached a point where I cannot afford to waste my energy and time to respond to posts that simply sounds confusing, off topic and dogmatic. I honestly feel some of those posts do not deserve to be dignified with an answer.

Thanks there,VeritasAequitas , for your kind input.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Nice thought provoking thread, Star & Flag for helping me think a little before I do.

Natural law over rules all other laws. 1st law is to love one another.

(Not many know what real love is).

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Thanks!

#8 Is something I've found bullies (of all types) dont like to be reminded,

because it exposes what annoys them about themselves (and thus trying to distance themselves from).

I didnt read all of them because its a Sat nite and Im kind of busy with family at the same time but people need to be reminded do onto other as you would have done onto you.

Humanity has such a beautiful potential. *Sigh*

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by fireyaguns

Thanks there!

Yes, I do believe you are right. To truly love they self has nothing to do with ego or self gratification. And all harmony around the human springs from that.

Have you read 'The Road Less Travelled' by Scott M Peck? In a nutshell I would conclude that love is having spiritual, mental and physical growth at heart. For the self and for others.

top topics

join