It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: US Plane Leaves After Emergency Landing

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Somehow I don't get the story... So we have an emergency landing in Iran... But why is everybody writing about hillary clinton? What is the connection?
Sometimes I think ATS members love to see connections everywhere and make something up

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by aLLeKs
Somehow I don't get the story... So we have an emergency landing in Iran... But why is everybody writing about hillary clinton? What is the connection?
Sometimes I think ATS members love to see connections everywhere and make something up

Because it's being reported elsewhere: www.eutimes.net...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

It could be a JANT flight (also refered to as JANET) which is "Joint Airforce Navy Transport". They generally are used to transport CIA, and other officials. The JANT flights are white with a red stripe that runs down the windows the the front of the plane. They look like civillan planes but they aren't they are all owned by the U.S gov't.

looks like from 9/11 ^^

could it also be, the flight that takes people to "special prisons"? there are severeal in that area to north and south

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
If the "rumours circulating the Kremlin" were true this would be epic.

Unfortunately isn't that a common line before something outlandish is stated?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Pretty interesting indeed

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Probably a POW trade.

Really nothing special. Wouldn't be surprised if both countries don't yell at each other for a few weeks now.
edit on 2-1-2013 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

JANET is the "airline" name, as well as the callsign. They're used to fly from Las Vegas, to Area 51, and Plant 42 and back, with occasional stops at Edwards and China Lake. The aircraft are registered to the Department of the Air Force, but operated by EG&G. The only one that was based out of the US was in Germany, and it was retired to the boneyard several years ago, as it was a 737-200. All of the current aircraft were Chinese operated before being sold to the Air Force. The previous fleet of 737-200s were owned by EG&G.
edit on 1/2/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

EG&G doesn't fly the Falcon and they def wouldn't use a 737 to get 1 or 20 people all that way.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Hi, I have been a member for about a year and love being the guy that just reads, thinks about the topic, and then signs off never to post anything. I have a lot of really good thoughts and comments that are swirling around in my, so time to start posting. I just had a question regarding this topic?
If there was a special ops mission, intelligence flight, secret meeting, and the plane crashed; what happened to Hilary Clinton and the Navy Seal Commander? The plane crashed? Iranian forces intercepted the downed plane found Hilary and the navy seal commander injured. Took Hilary and let her go and shot the commander? Now the U.S. is covering up where Hilary was for a month and how the seal commander ended up with a fatal bullet? Does Hilary now owe something to the Iranians?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DoorKnobEddie

Ahh,I said I wouldn't harm them,it would be rude. I am polite.The only beef I can see is THEY WILL NOT GET NUKES.
Other than that the people are cool with me,so long as they don't want to cut my head off. Most don't.
I grew up in an Air Force family Dad was a command pilot and I was in the cold war ,what do you know that I don't?
We don't just kill off anyone willy nilly.We pick them up for questioning,if they are intel or military but we don't kill off all foreigners from hostile nations on contact.
It's ridiculous to believe we would,what were you thinking we are North Korea?

edit on 2-1-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Never ceases to amaze me how gullible the general public is, and how incomprehensibly stupid our collective governments think we are!

The likelihood of any aircraft, any, civilian or military, being anywhere near Iranian airspace without a specific mission is about exactly zero. No western civilian fllight would ever (read: never) file a flight plan using any Iranian airport as an alternate. Just wouldn't happen! They'd be thousands of miles away from there unless they specifically intended to be there (i.e. they had a mission or purpose).

That some aircraft just magically had a "mechanical" and had to land in Iran is complete and utter excrement!!

The type of aircraft is pretty much irrelevant (other than it was not JANET). There are countless contracted civilian aircraft used for black ops type missions. Extraordinary rendition flights, prisoner exchange flights and the like are but just a few of the many. This was likely not a rendition flight as I am not aware of any detention facilities used by the west in Iran. More likely, this was some kind of a super secret...'here we'll give these bad guys back to you in exchange for some kind of transparency or intel on your current enrichment progress'"

Make no mistake about it though, there was no "mechanical" involved with this aircraft in Iran! Didn't happen!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

Did you bother to read the article? An average of 30 American owned aircraft transit through Iranian airspace a day. That is an average of almost 11,000 a year. All without incident. If you're flying through Iranian airspace, and you have an IFE, you're going to land. You aren't going to push your luck to get somewhere else if they are going to let you land and get on the ground safely.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

Thanks for your comments.

I find the whole story odd, it only has context and meaning to me in light of
Clintons dissapearance, and Commander Price ill fated passing.

It is practially a waste of space on the internet otherwise.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Hmmm...seems you are correct on the overflight issue, and I am mistaken. I thought I had read recently that western carrier overflights of Iran were restricted or re-routed given the current tensions in that region.

After some brief research it does appear that Iran is still ICAO certified, and being an international certification it would require the allowance of overflight despite their outwardly facing political disdain for the US.

That said, I still stand by the notion that the flight in question had no business being anywhere near Iran unless its destination was Iran.

In any case, my apologies for the error.

edit on 1/2/2013 by Flyingclaydisk because: Deleted dense question on my part.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join