It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I being taken?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The anxiety may have been labeled as OCD which helps rationalize the condition by giving it a name but the emotional charge is still there. When your awareness touches upon that memory, the associated fear is still having it's effect due to the intrusive thoughts. It's kind of like when you smell a certain aroma and your mind brings up a memory associated with that smell.

I don't deny your experience with the UFO, had numerous myself. I just felt that the visit was more of a terrestrial origin but I could be wrong. Creating that vision is a lot of effort to simply scare you.

Facing you fears, as a few posters mentioned is your best remedy to resolve the charge. Suppressing it will simply bury it further into your subconscious. A hypnotherapist may be helpful in that they can help create a space that let's you discharge the fear in a safe way. Imagination or not, your thoughts have an effect on our well being and I don't feel your experience is based upon fantasy. If you need a suggestion for someone in Europe that may be able to help you send me a U2U.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

Let me preface this with I am not a bible person in the least, and I generally do not consider myself Christian, but I have found it really interesting how many reports are coming out now from non-christian abductees and investigators claiming that invoking the name Jesus stops alien abduction.

Maybe there is more in a name than we realize. If I were scared, I would damn sure give it a try.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join