It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I being taken?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
In this post, I see A LOT of evidence that you do not see things as they really are. You admit that you are crazy several times. So the only conclusion that I can draw from this is that you did, in fact hallucinate this experience out of extreme imbalance of your being.

I might have drawn a different conclusion if you had not called your own self crazy. Like I said, there is a lot of evidence in this thread that points to the fact that, in your most aware moments, you don't see things as they really are, and if I wanted to point out each one, I'd be here all night. Because nearly every sentence in your thread points to this. I'm just saying, maybe you need to take a look at what is real.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

I do have a hobby lol. I am a weight lifter!

I keep myself massively fit and strong. I also play badmington and go out with friends. It's just that it's getting to the point where I don't feel like doing these things any more because as soon as my head hits the pillow I know what's coming.

Maybe it is all psychological. I can hope. I'll speak to a psychiatrist and update this thread with what he tells me.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joneselius
reply to post by ItDepends

I'm in the process of going to see a psychiatrist as we speak.

I'll update this post with the outcome when I get it. If it's a perfectly normal thing I'll write it in capital letters

I wish you nothing but wellness. So if it is true, that you are seeking professional help, a psychiatrist, as you say, then good for you!! Peace!!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I want to add that I believe that you probably did see something, and it may have been very real to you. And in some sense, it could have been real. Nevertheless, the things you saw, I believe, we're an image interpreted through your own mental imbalance.

link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I say it makes me feel crazy. Not that I am crazy.

No one thinks they are crazy. Just some things or experiences defy logic and so are labelled as such. I appreciate your feedback though. As I say, I'm going to see a professional and see what they say. They're better equipped to tell me what's happening, I'm guessing.

link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I say it makes me feel crazy. Not that I am crazy.

No one thinks they are crazy. Just some things or experiences defy logic and so are labelled as such. I appreciate your feedback though. As I say, I'm going to see a professional and see what they say. They're better equipped to tell me what's happening, I'm guessing.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

Good im glad you're open to it not fitting your preconcieved ideas but when i suggested something normal you suggested that i had some "need" to make it seem normal which implies that i really know its more but am playing it down. hope you find the answers you need. lack of decent sleep is vicious on the body. i had a lot of sleep problems up until the last couple of years. your response to me did seem like you would only accept answers to.do with paranormal things and if you have the same attitude with drs or counsellors they cant help you. how can they help if you have decided its paranormal and people offering other solutions just have a need to make it seem normal.
if its aliens it seems they havent done any serious physical harm so far so at least dwell on that a bit more maybe take the fear down a few notches sitting outside all night trying to communicate just destroys the possibility of good sleeps in between the bad periods. if entities are coming taking you from your bed and bringing you back unharmed then that would suggest a check up. if they remove your memory then they dont want you to suffer psychological trauma. good luck

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

On second thought, maybe what you seen wasn't real.. I'm saying this because you are now posting of having conflicting doubts about it, and highly considering the fact it's a hallucination and you feel you need to seek help, so there must be a good reason why you are rethinking it all. If it was something that actually happened you wouldn't be so obliged to highly consider it was a hallucination.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by glassspider

Thank you for responding to me again.

I agree with you absolutely. Maybe I do make it more than it is. I hope I do anyway.

I will not allow bias to cloud my session with a psychiatrist, they'd probably see though that anyway, I hope. I just hate feeling isolated and weird. I hope I'm not mad, but hey, there's always the possibility. If I am, I hope they give me the help I need to get better! I truly do..

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I know no one thinks they're crazy. That's part of the problem.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

I don't have doubts about what I'm experiencing but I have doubts about how I'm reacting to it. I know I saw the UFO and I know what I saw come through my window. They was I'm reacting to it has me in bits. Not the actual experience itself.

You can't tell me you wouldn't doubt yourself if something like this happened to you! It's not normal. It's terrifying andf trying to find a solution makes your mind do backflips. I know what I saw happened. It's how I'm going to cope with it that's haunting me.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

The entity I came in contact with felt pure evil to me as well. I have very vivid memories of my early childhood, with a gap from about the ages of 8-14.

I don't know what happened, and there is such a thing as "emotional hardiness" which explains how some people deal with trauma differently than others.

I don't really feel the need to cope, somehow it doesn't feel like it's over, and it's as if I'm waiting for something to happen. I can't explain it.

I don't think I can suggest ways to cope with that, and if I were in your shoes, I would most likely be terrified.

I'd also like to add that at my very early age, I felt different than the other kids. I felt more aware of my surroundings from what I can remember and hand a pretty easy time understanding things. Then, during my "gap" as I mentioned, it's as if it was taken away from me. Throughout Jr. High and High school I was a C student at best, but after having several different occupations, and having traveled to many states and a couple different countries, my return to school has yielded steady A's.

I'm probably as confused as you are about all this, but my urge, or need, to explain it is minimal. There's something inside me saying "You'll find out later, just wait"

Confusing, but meh. I guess I'll find out later, I guess.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

reply to post by ItDepends

I'm in the process of going to see a psychiatrist as we speak.

I'll update this post with the outcome when I get it. If it's a perfectly normal thing I'll write it in capital letters

It's good to see you are still open to the 'normal'...if you can call our brain normal that is lol

I've had similar experiences with sleep paralysis...well my visions were different but that is why we are all unique I guess and why we are wired differently. Im not sure if it will help convince you that it is an actual human experience, but ive had two such weird happenings.

The first experience I had was absolutely crazy compared to the second. I had just finished work and just sat in my bed with the pillows propped behind me and laid there a few minutes. Next thing I remember was looking at my closet door slowly opening (my closet was the access to the attic on top of it) and me not being able to move an inch. I tried to yell and nothing came out....I kept watching my closet door slowly open as I continued to try and yell and the next moment everything in the "real world" (which was identical in appearance to the room I was watching my closet door open in) melded into this 'dream state' I was in. Its the only way I can explain it.....it was my room in both instances but when I snapped out of it, the two worlds, even though identical in appearance to each other melded together and I could finally yell.

It was the most unique, terrifying, isolating experience I've ever had. However, the second time, I was not any more prepared than the first. It was actually alot less dramatic but no less terrifying. Again in my room, I assume I was just waking up, and I couldn't move...shadows were everywhere and closing in.....I tried to yell and all that came out was silence. It was freaking scary watching those shadows and not being able to do anything or call anyone for help. After some time I was able to yell and move and snapped out of it, but the transition from this dream state to waking state is always so smooth and like something out of a movie. This has got to be one of the only times ive felt true and utter fear, especially in my own home.

I understand you've been scared and probably hate the thought of even sleep at this point, but know that there are many similar stories with many different theories, from succubi to aliens and the only one that has fit my experiences in my opinion is sleep paralysis.

You really have to be willing to accept the alternative from 'aliens or abductions' in order to move on from this and live a normal life. I have moved on easily from my experiences, I talked about them openly the next day and researched what was happening to me and in fact i haven't had an episode for over 5 years, though I must admit thinking about it still gives me a chill or two. The brain really is a fantastic structure capable of sometimes horrifying things.

Edit: I should also mention the 'evil' presence was the most prominent feature of each experience. It was over bearing, everywhere and terrifying.
edit on 31-12-2012 by topherman420 because: addition

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

It helps to fully accept and assume that nobody has, or will see what you seen but you, and to fully drop your hopes of anyone understanding what you seen, and I don't mean just saying out loud "nobody will believe me" but truly understanding that nobody can because nobody saw it but you. You should be able to slowly de=stress about it, and not think about it so often as soon as you overcome these hopes and just accept that "it happened and there's nothing that can be done about it anymore and I am not keeping my hopes up anymore about any follow up information, and I should just live my life now but not forget what I seen, I know I seen it but it's okay if I'm the only one, because at least "I" know."

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Thank you for responding to me again.

I agree with you absolutely. Maybe I do make it more than it is. I hope I do anyway.

I will not allow bias to cloud my session with a psychiatrist, they'd probably see though that anyway, I hope. I just hate feeling isolated and weird. I hope I'm not mad, but hey, there's always the possibility. If I am, I hope they give me the help I need to get better! I truly do..

Im not saying you're mad nor would any decent psychiatrist. stress of any kind physical and emotional can leave us with an inbalance and a lack of quality sleep adding to that can't be good so whatever the cause you need to make sure you look into it before it gets worse. you said that your hobby is doing weights which fits in quite well with hypnogogic twitch thing worth looking into and trying out the things they suggest to improve things all are just about good sleep routines not medication unless severe so no harm in trying them. either way keep your appointments im sure you'll find the doctors have come across these sorts or problems plenty of times they wont think your strange or mad.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

See, that's the best advice I've ever been given.

I do know what I saw and how it makes me feel. But you're right. No one can feel it too because they weren't there. I suppose I was sharing in the hopes that someone's experience would mirror mine and thus comfort me. Someone did have similar it seems. But I know what you're saying. And I agree.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

A lot of my symptoms are probably from mundane things. I agree.

It's purely because of what I saw that I associate them though. I know it was real and I know it happened. Maybe I'm attaching all these things to it because it was such an important event in my life that I'm trying to connect everything back to it?

I know it happened though, I know what I saw and how I felt at the time. But maybe the advice is sound, I need to move on.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Op, if I may make a couple suggestions. This is what I would do in your position. First, it seems by reading what you have here that your largest issue is the uncertainty or belief DUE to uncertainty that something may be invading your personal space as you sleep. I can relate in the idea of this being the most disturbing thing a person can ever have get stuck in their minds...because until recently with technology, proving it either way would be impossible and as you say ...once stuck in one's head, this WON'T just 'fade'.

First, I would say you get yourself a decent Webcam or two. Nothing fancy needed. No HD or bells and whistles necessary. Just a basic webcam in the $20 range should do. A couple if you want something to record outside or perhaps even record something ongoing (Like a TV broadcast) for time check reference and continuity so your mind can't play tricks by suggesting skips or missing time in the recordings themselves.

I use software called CyberLink YouCam 5 to run my cameras here. I don't have them for the same reasons, but that doesn't matter because mine run just as good at night as they do in the day. They just take some fine tuning for exposure and gain to get a picture in partial darkness superior to what my eye can see ..and without using Infrared LEDs. Just software tricks with settings in that program. Most cam programs have the same of course.

Next... get a couple of these:

Harbor Freight - Motion Sensors
(Check packages for the Letter code that denotes frequency...You'll want different ones to use two sensors at the same time without cross interference.)

I have a couple of these too. One across my front walk and one across my carport. They are wireless with an outstanding range for transmission given what they are. On low volume, it's a pleasant 'ding dong' chime. On high volume, it will wake you if there is continued movement. NO question you aren't sleeping through that.

That should give you piece of mind as you drift up and down in sleep that by not hearing the chimes to wake the dead...NOTHING has moved within the field of vision to where you placed them. They are portable and battery powered...which means you can move them around as you wish or whatever else.

The trick I use is how things are stacked around it to make a 'tunnel' effect for it's field of view. A 'Line of Sight' quite literally, instead of a whole range that would catch branches in the wind or a cat perhaps. You can use that to quickly insure ONLY what you want to have it trip for in motion to a specific area will do it.

Between the two? I'd say you either prove this is real ..in which case..you NEED to know that, however disturbing. or.. more likely... You're able to prove to your subconscious mind that it's NOT real..and perhaps the only way to effectively do that to end the lingering fears? Just my two cents.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I was lying in my bed as a child, and as children do I have the covers up to my eyes (I used to pretend it protected me from monsters)

Just out of curiosity, has anything happened to you besides being frightened?

Since that first experience and now (how many years) you have been afraid that something bad is going to happen, yet nothing ever does?

Fear is the only power this thing has over you, you know.

Look at it like the class bully. They get a kick out of making you afraid because that is "fun" to them.

As long as you appear afraid to them, they will keep doing it for the charge they get.

If you stop appearing to cower before a bully then the fun goes out of it for them and they will go someplace else for kicks.

This thing is a bully. All bullies are cowards really.

Try standing your ground instead of "fleeing" into that place of fear.

Say a little prayer, ask for help, then tell it, "I am not afraid of you anymore!"

"Go away !"

It may be come worse for a while but eventually it will become less and less of a problem.

"I am on to you now. You are no longer welcome I know what you are trying to do. Bully!. Pick on someone your own size !. Go away. This is my house, my life !"

Stamp your foot, shaky your fist. Hands on hips. Don't yell, don't get angry. And don't act afraid. You may be scared out of your wits but don't show it. Act fed up.

The first time you try this is the worst.

It gets easier. If the activity picks up, just keep jumping out of bed ( all night long if need be) and repeat this kind of verbal affirmation. Stand_And_Face_It. Face your fear. (Its only fear).

Own your space. Own your life. It is yours. You have every right. Don't laugh, don't mock or challenge.

Ask for help with this, you alone cannot win in a battle of strength. Be humble when you ask and be thankful if help is provided.

Remember, it is not about you and your power overwhelming this thing, but rather you asserting yourself (for the first time?).

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Responded to another post in a different tab. I've no idea why it posted here, sorry.
edit on 1-1-2013 by Deemo Diablo because: oops

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join