It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Psychic with AMAZING Capabilities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jameliel
I could tell he was fake from his hair and his eyes. It took a split second.

wow you must be psychic...........

ever amused am I at the confessions of those obviously more astute then myself..........

Im sure you would NEVER fall for this with such a spot on sixth sense ......

SO......great post and vid..........very amusing and informative........

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Very nice.
But this is a commercial, which is why it doesn't have to explain how would anyone even gather the necessary search data in the first place.

But yes, people who use Facebook (to "connect" with family and friends - really? what happened to email?), Twitter and other such "social" facilities are exposed more than they think.
Amazingly many don't really care.
Also, they are often little fascists, and again, they don't even care.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Haha I do not think I would fall. Far too cynical and questioning in the first place.

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by Jameliel
I could tell he was fake from his hair and his eyes. It took a split second.

wow you must be psychic...........

ever amused am I at the confessions of those obviously more astute then myself..........

Im sure you would NEVER fall for this with such a spot on sixth sense ......

SO......great post and vid..........very amusing and informative........

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I wonder if this psychic is willing to take the Amazing Randi challenge and prove his abilities...

James Randi, a.k.a. The Amazing Randi, magician and author of numerous works skeptical of paranormal, supernatural, and pseudoscientific claims has for about ten years offered "a one-million-dollar prize to anyone who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power."

skepdic.com...

A good way to prove your a real psychic and not someone playing a psychic..

BTW nobody has taken this challenge up yet. I wonder why?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Explanation: To try answer my own question ...

What solutions are offered?

Aside from reiterating the ATS Privacy Policy and T&C's on the issue of remaining anonymous online especially on ATS ...

AboveTopSecret.com Privacy Policy

Commitment To Privacy

Nothing is more important to the owners and staff of AboveTopSecret.com, ATSnews.com, media.AboveTopSecret.com, BelowTopSecret.com, AbovePolitics.com, AboveNetwork.com and any other website(s) owned and operated by The Above Network, LLC (collectively the "Websites") than making every effort to protect the privacy, of all members. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.

Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above. Your profile information is protected from web-spiders that search for e-mail addresses and other personal information. We reserve the right to disclose any personally identifiable information associated with your account and/or posting history as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on The Above Network, LLC.

Voluntary Input Of Personally Identifiable Information:

If you use a the bulletin boards (forums), blogs, private messaging, or chat room on the Websites, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums and services, and may, at our discretion, remove any personally identifiable information you submit that appears in public view.

Terms And Conditions Of Use [ATS]

3) Privacy Policy. TAN respects your privacy and has developed a detailed Privacy Policy that is incorporated into the Terms and Conditions of Use (and for members, the Additional Terms and Conditions of Membership). Please take the time to read our Privacy Policy which is available at the Privacy Policy Link . By accessing the Websites, you are accepting the terms of our Privacy Policy.

... The only 'other' solution I have to hand is ...

Warrant Canary [wiki]

A warrant canary is a method used by an Internet service provider to inform their customers that the provider has not been served with a secret government subpoena. Such subpoenas, including those covered under the USA Patriot Act, provide criminal penalties for revealing the warrant to a third party, such as the customers. A warrant canary may be posted by the provider to inform customers of dates that they haven't been served a secret subpoena. If the canary has not been updated in the time period specified by the host, customers are to assume that they have been served with such a subpoena. Theoretically, this allows the provider to inform customers of subpoenas without violating any laws. The legality of this has not been tested in any court, however, and the results of the Doe v. Ashcroft lawsuit as well as subsequent changes to the USA PATRIOT Act may obviate the tool for the time being.

A warrant canary may include a digital signature as proof that the message was written by the hosting provider.

The idea of such a negative pronouncement being used to thwart secret warrants was first proposed by Steven Schear on the cypherpunks mailing list, and was first implemented by public libraries in response to the USA Patriot Act.

Which I have previously mentioned here ... Has ATS ever been approached by the FBI,CIA,or NSA for member account information? (pg3) [ATS]

And originally here ... ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future? (pg70) [ATS]

Personal Disclosure: However ... IF my fellow members read and abide by the ATS privacy policy and T&C's there should never be the 'need' for it.

Unfortunately ... ex-members such as Jarad Loughner/Erad3 have already jeopardized and compromized ATS
and so IMO ... I feel the 'need' is both great and present due to that already existing danger.

I urge TAN to deeply consider aquiring a warrant canary for ATS as it would suddenly make the membership 'psychic' to legal attention.

edit on 1-1-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to add missing link.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

You know I love ya OL, but i have absolutely NO idea where you were goin w that buddy....

Completely lost lol

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Explanation: This simple MBTM ...

ATS asks members to seriously not post any 'personally' identifying material on ATS.

However as the T&C's make very clear ... TAN/ATS can't always garantee that they will be able to catch and moderate all such revealing posts.

To help protect us from ourselves :shk: ... a warrant canary could be utilized to alert the membership at large to outside 'powers that be' investigating ATS for whatever reasons.

Personal Disclosure: If the warrant canary ... doesn't sing on time ... the membership can take that as a message to either grab ones bob and head for the hills or to take whatever safety and security measures they feel are appropriate for themselves.

Think about why this thread has been posted in BB&Q forum by SO and not elsewhere on ATS.

It is not about psychics/cold reading at all IMO ... its about something coming down the pipeline that deeply involves ATS.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I didn't see one tin-foil hat behind the curtain. That is the whole problem.

(Wait, maybe lined on the inside?)

Thanks for the reminder.

Note: You have to watch the WHOLE video to understand.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Haha these people man, never even crossed their minds!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this Overlord.

A week before Christmas someone decided to go on a $5000 shopping spree to Neiman Marcus with my husband's bank card.
I don't even shop at Neiman Marcus with my own money.

Apparently the Mister used his card at some gas station and the perps made a dummy card from it.

What I'm wondering is, what lackadaisical effort on the "victim's" part led to the gleaning of financial account details? I would be very interested in understanding how the hackers used in the video experiment were able to access that level of secured information. I wouldn't think that anyone was idiotic enough to have their financial accounts linked to any social site, especially Facebook? Much to my mother's chagrin, I don't even have her noted or linked as my mom on Facebook, lest someone use her maiden name or any other information to hijack my identity or financial information.
I still have to listen to her incessant whining about how I "don't claim any relation to her" on Facebook.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join