It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you were God?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GRS1234
reply to post by GRS1234

isaiah 55:8-9 never just read a verse though 'see' the whole chapter tis very hard hehe he is you as you are him but again are not the same tell me if you can understand that i certainly can btw i love where this thread has gone
edit on 2-1-2013 by GRS1234 because: (no reason given)

what do you mean by that?
they way i view it is the way i've described, as apart of the whole.
although jesus may have a seperate mind; seperate physical body.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCanuckian

Originally posted by Belcastro

Originally posted by FaceLikeTheSun

How would you describe God in your own way?
What if the biggest secret in the Universe was that you were God?

Then I could speak a universe into existence, defy the world I created etc.

And on your quote from Jesus, again, you are taking what is written totally out of context. The heart of our deeds is to serve the poor, the needy, the forgotten etc. Again, this doesn't mean the Bible is the world around us...the Bible describes the world around us very well.

Your position is very pantheistic

What i mean is that you should be able to see the world around you and without the holy bible or knowing anything about jesus and still help the poor, the needy, etc.
not just because the bible tells you to, But because it just feels right, and it should just feel good to be that way in general towards your fellow man.

edit on 1-1-2013 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

We can do the nature vs nurture debate if you like. But I guarantee you, if you raise someone with bad morals from the moment their born it will feel good for them to ignore their brothers and sisters and watch them fade away.
Nurture has more to do with your subconscious then you choose to believe. Why do you think all people have a different sense of morality? It's molded from birth. Just like we know those who speak of jesus at one time read a bible, it doesn't mean jesus himself made a difference to you, it means your nurturing from your parents/teachers presented jesus to you and because of influences in your life you admired his ways and choose his path.

I argue that if you never knew a bible, jesus, or god and were raised believing we are all robots without anyone to refute it, you would live accordingly.

This is why this whole ideal, for me, is just a bunch of self-centered wishful thinking by the egotists.

If it were a self-centered wishful thinking self help by an egotist i wouldnt have shared this on Abovetopsecret.
if you dont believe you are God thats fine with me, it doesn't bother me that you wouldn't believe this.

You are right it is molded from birth, just like how the mafia and secret societies raise their children into it.

most people are like robots until they become "aware that they exist."

At one time i never had a bible, never believed in jesus, and was a complete atheist, and i did live accordingly and your right. i wasnt a very god-like person, i didnt care about these things.. until oneday i had to have a near death experience and feel the crucifixion within my own mind like some kind of drug trip.

Ever since then i've been on a quest to be like god.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

reply to post by GRS1234

isaiah 55:8-9 never just read a verse though 'see' the whole chapter tis very hard hehe he is you as you are him but again are not the same tell me if you can understand that i certainly can btw i love where this thread has gone

hmm me and you are seperate but then again we are the same.god trancends the material 'world'. light is the body our world is light realization of self is self annihilation 'ego' but also union with the higher self 'enter into the light' this is a multidemensional concept here and the road has been paved by the almighty unseen. he remains unseen because we chose not to see. im sorry for speaking like this but is it is the truth all you must do and i mean ALL you must do is repent for your own self guilt and hatred for any man who has none of these is gravely dillusional. Accept the light witch was [gifted] at an astounding price and let the unseen mold your belief. do you understand you are talking to energy not me here? lol this is amazing stuff here and science has brideged us with it and i believe has been this way since the ancients. although it is not accepted by many it is unrefutable truth. as to where we might go and what the almighty has planned no one can say it isnt allowed.Any who can claim this is a worker of iniquity and should not be trusted.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Imagine it being like living a celebrity life where everyone thinks you care about what they think you should look like and how you should live. But the truth is you can't please everyone.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BSFC123
If I am God, how come I only perceive the things that the world shows me, rather than manifesting what I want to perceive at will?

Why do I have to eat food to keep living?

Why must I drink to not dehydrate?

I would tell you that there is a man out there who doesn't drink nor eat and still survives.
i have never witnessed it,

abcnews.go.com...
In a country remarkable for tales powerful deities and exotic mystics, an 82-year-old man who claims he can survive without food or drink has baffled doctors who studied him and did not see him eat or drink anything for more than two weeks.

Prahlad Jani said that he has lived for more than 70 years by absorbing water through a hole in his palate. He is regarded as a holy man by some and a fraud by many.

Jani spent more than two weeks in April and May under the observation of doctors at Sterling Hospital in the western Indian city of Ahmedabad.

"We studied him for 15 days with him taking no water or food," Dr. Sudhir Shah told ABC News.

Shah said that Jani gargled water and took baths, but consumed nothing.

While thin, Jani is healthy, doctors said.

"Somebody doesn't take water for seven or eight days he surely dies," Shah said.

Only God could do that thats how i view this.
edit on 3-1-2013 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

reply to post by GRS1234

hmm me and you are seperate but then again we are the same.god trancends the material 'world'. light is the body our world is light realization of self is self annihilation 'ego' but also union with the higher self 'enter into the light' this is a multidemensional concept here and the road has been paved by the almighty unseen. he remains unseen because we chose not to see. im sorry for speaking like this but is it is the truth all you must do and i mean ALL you must do is repent for your own self guilt and hatred for any man who has none of these is gravely dillusional. Accept the light witch was [gifted] at an astounding price and let the unseen mold your belief. do you understand you are talking to energy not me here? lol this is amazing stuff here and science has brideged us with it and i believe has been this way since the ancients. although it is not accepted by many it is unrefutable truth. as to where we might go and what the almighty has planned no one can say it isnt allowed.Any who can claim this is a worker of iniquity and should not be trusted.

they say to hate someone in your heart is to murder them in your heart.

I dont understand the multi-dimensional, or the Higher Self.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

I think I could say without fear, that I most certainly hate evil. Turn the other cheek, and fight fire with fire.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

I think I could say without fear, that I most certainly hate evil. Turn the other cheek, and fight fire with fire.

The only evil is hate.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I'm pretty sure I would consider raping children to be an act of evil....While there may be no 'right or wrong' actions to life...that certainly isn't a moral act is it? I would consider that to be a righteous anger..Justified, as others would say.
edit on 3-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

The only evil is hate.

Good; Evil
Love; and Fear

Adam and Eve ate the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
God didnt want them to have the knowledge of Evil;
Because of reality being a manifestation of either the love or fear in our councioussness.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

If we are Gods, then how can I get more POWER?

You know, humans are always power hungry.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by QMask

If we are Gods, then how can I get more POWER?

You know, humans are always power hungry.

Its not about power, or wealth, its about knowledge.
these kinds of things are why jesus said to some of his disciples :"come, and i will make you fishers of men."

and they say that knowledge is the currency of the universe.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I think we are all "GOD" in the sense we are all connected to a greater power and to each other. It takes a collective effort in my opinion to change what needs to be changed. Individually, I would not want the responsibility. I will take action to change what I think I need to change, and take responsibility for my actions and the consequences that are a result. Good or bad. I own them. Nice effort on your thread.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

But knowledge is power.

OK then. So how do we get more knowledge, in order to be better, and more pow.. eh, more knowledgeable gods?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by QMask

But knowledge is power.

OK then. So how do we get more knowledge, in order to be better, and more pow.. eh, more knowledgeable gods?

With Great power comes great responsibility,
The other Gods out there might not like someone Abusing their Power.
continue to read philosophy, study religions in general, look into science and technology,
look into spirituality and try meditation like the kundalini;
incorparate some metaphysics into your everyday life like the law of attraction.

You could merge yourself with technology and become a cyborg!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

LET THERE BE LIGHT !

And little fishys down by the seaside, to some day, some way, crawl upon the shore and get stuck in mud and make fools out of perfectly intelligent people. And that creeping thing that gives me the woollies.............................................................................................................................................. ...........................................

I got nothin. Except a star and a flag for a fair effort.
edit on 3-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I wish i could be like that jay weezy.

"its better to experience the truth and not know what to call it than to know what to call the truth and not experience it."

I have to somehow do Both oneday.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join