It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large BOOM in Bloomington MN dec 31

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Speaking of being within 7 miles of fireworks....I lived in Shakopee....Valley Fair is technically in Shakopee...(our State's 6 flags amusement park type place) they have large firework displays on some weekends...I couldn't hear them other than a distance echo of the finale, and only if I was outside, and only if no one was talking or any car was driving by......less than 7 miles as the crow flies......

so........if Savage and west Bloomington heard the same boom, then it is on the news now....because if you got in your car in Savage, on hwy 13 and drove as fast as you could to either 169 or 35W, you couldn't get to this guys house in 7 minutes.....remember he said he heard the boom coming from the North....Savage is crow flying south.

edit on 31-12-2012 by Res Ipsa because: ....just saw his last post....there ya go.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
reply to post by tport17

Speaking of being within 7 miles of fireworks....I lived in Shakopee....Valley Fair is technically in Shakopee...(our State's 6 flags amusement park type place) they have large firework displays on some weekends...I couldn't hear them other than a distance echo of the finale, and only if I was outside, and only if no one was talking or any car was driving by......less than 7 miles as the crow flies......

so........if Savage and west Bloomington heard the same boom, then it is on the news now....because if you got in your car in Savage, on hwy 13 and drove as fast as you could to either 169 or 35W, you couldn't get to this guys house in 7 minutes.....remember he said he heard the boom coming from the North....Savage is crow flying south.

edit on 31-12-2012 by Res Ipsa because: ....just saw his last post....there ya go.

Ah, I had forgot about him saying it was North.

Google says the towns are 7 miles away, 10 minute drive. However, Google is picking the dead center of each town.

Given those exceptions, they didn't hear the same sound. If the Savage man had his car alarm go off, the op would have been hit much worse.

But I still say we hear the fireworks display in a town 7 miles from our house.

Either way, I suppose the op has decided it was fireworks.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Probably a gun shot

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by machinist2013
reply to post by truthermantwo

Well, if you didn't see any flashes, it might be related to other locations where this has happened.
This one happened in Wisconsin and got quite a bit of attention:
[news.discovery.com...]

That was a BS explanation for the booms in Clintonville. Hardly any of the residents that heard the booms for four straight nights believed it to be from a small earthquake. They originally ruled out an earthquake until days later when they ran out of options, then suddenly, 'oh, we had a small earthquake on Monday night, the first night,' which somehow continued to cause these booms and shakes for three more nights and always around the same time each night, never during daylight hours.

Also, if someone else truly heard this boom in Savage, which is quite a ways from Bloomington, then this was some sort of super sonic boom, not fireworks. These super sonic booms have been reported all over the place, recently in UK, they said same thing, it was heard over a hundred miles away.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Good point. I also think the "official" explanation for the event was B.S. Magnitude 1.5 most likely wouldn't have made that much noise. I've noticed these stories becoming a regular occurrence, kind of strange.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by machinist2013

Good point. I also think the "official" explanation for the event was B.S. Magnitude 1.5 most likely wouldn't have made that much noise. I've noticed these stories becoming a regular occurrence, kind of strange.

But more importantly is why did it take six days for any quake agency to even report that there was a 1.5? It was totally ruled out until six days later.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Maybe they said there was seismic activity to make the geological survey not seem such a bogus waste of local resources. Placate the people by giving them "expert info", so they stop asking questions.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join