It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large BOOM in Bloomington MN dec 31

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Was outside at around 10:00pm heard a small boom, then a large one that echoed. Family heard it inside as well. Thinking this is related to the strange booms heard in wisconsin and elsewhere. will post updates if i find out what it was.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Case Closed.

edit on 31-12-2012 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
not trying to be smart with you
but do you think it might be someone letting of fireworks for the new year
or was it completely different sounding

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Odds are it was just someone setting off their fireworks. It doesn't have to be many fireworks in a row to be fireworks. Since the country tanked, I've seen festivities for individuals around here dwindle to as little as one airborne firework. When it's all you can afford to have go boom in the air for entertainment, it's all you can afford. 2 booms doesn't seem at all unlikely or unreasonable to be a broke fam's fireworks fun.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe
not trying to be smart with you
but do you think it might be someone letting of fireworks for the new year
or was it completely different sounding

this was bigger and more sounding than fireworks.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Yeah, it sounds like a war is going on around my city.

Sounded like somebody set off a grenade about an hour ago, I jumped a foot off the ground.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I know the area extremely well....give me a better ball park location so I can rule out industrial.
I am 93.99% sure that it was fireworks but I'll keep an open mind.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
im around old shakopee between normandale and france. the sound came from the north a bit and if it was fireworks, it was a professional grade one, it echoed strangely though. And it didn't sound like a firework, the first boom was the lead in to the large one in quick succession.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthermantwo
im around old shakopee between normandale and france. the sound came from the north a bit and if it was fireworks, it was a professional grade one, it echoed strangely though. And it didn't sound like a firework, the first boom was the lead in to the large one in quick succession.

Well on the face of it, it sure sounds (no pun intended) like you heard/noticed something 'out-of-the-ordinary'. Why not make a simple call to your local police department? Tell them what you heard, you were concerned, have they heard any other calls on this matter? Or perhaps they can identify it for you?

Just a suggestion. Could be a quick and easy way to find out something. Please let us know what you find out!!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
wouldn't that put you near the train tracks just east of normandale? It crosses old shakopee.
no industry there that would cause boom....especially anything north of old shakopee....fireworks is more and more likely.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
HaHo(I Greet you!)
I called my little brother , who lives in Savage, MN., He and his son heard the same thing, car alarm went off he said and windows shook. He say's he heard only one boom and since he was in the conflict oversea's he knew from hearing loud booms, it was no firework. No doubt if he heard it , others did as well.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Savage!? no way was that the same boom!
where he is and there is toooooooo far.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I can't believe you guys are entertaining this, lol. :bnghd:

reply to post by truthermantwo

Okay. The first, smaller sound, is the initial mortar explosion as it exits the tube. It travels through the air, followed by a much larger explosion.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Well, if you didn't see any flashes, it might be related to other locations where this has happened.
This one happened in Wisconsin and got quite a bit of attention:
[news.discovery.com...]

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
Savage!? no way was that the same boom!
where he is and there is toooooooo far.

I don't know Minnesota at all so I googled Bloomington and Savage to see the distance since you seemed so shocked. It is 7 miles.

On the 4th of July we hear the fireworks display in the next town over. It happens to also be about 7 miles away.

Not unreasonable to think they both would hear the sound. Correct me if I am mistaken, please.

My guess is someone got a hold of class B fireworks.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
BOOMMM!

Acetylene bomb:

Acetylene cannon:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This thread is getting linked by different groups on twitter

Trying to find someone else who mentioned hearing a boom, or perhaps someone gloating about the fireworks they set off. All I am getting is links back here.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Sorry......but from Savage to where he is....any single "boom" that could be heard by both parties would be on the news right now. I am certain.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
ok just about at 11:05 my neighbors north of me were lighting off fireworks, they must of had something big an hour ago because it sounded huge. This seems to be fireworks and not a strange boom, sorry to sound a false alarm.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Badda Boom...

edit on 31-12-2012 by dusty1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join