It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3,000 trees to be planted in Israel to memorialize Newtown victims

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xszawe

Where did you get that from?
Are you a doctor?
Are you psychologist?

It is widely known all over that smiling is good for health.
Please prove how smiling is linked to psychopaths?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by svmpua

Everything you posted there is a result of Israeli/American policies?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

Dude you did not get the point.

You are incorrectly assuming that I am supporting Israel.
I totally understand why you hate Israel and I totally understand your anger.
But you must understand that Palestine is not 'Clean' either.
I do not support Israel but I do not support Palestine too for that matter.

To tell you the truth ,
I do not give a sh** about both Israel and Palestine.
But I dislike the radical groups in middle-east because they actively killing 'Christians'.Syria is a good example of where this is taking place.

In other word's ,I dislike Jihad and Sharia (actively practiced in middleast).So it may seem to you that I am supporting Israel.That is not the case.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by svmpua

The only people killing Christians in Syria is the US backed FSA. Get a Clue!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xszawe

Well that's a pretty good joke .
You should try your luck in the Jokes section .

Thanks for the entertainment .

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

The streets are most dangerous after 3:00 p.m. — that is, unless it’s a Friday, when few Syrian Christians dare to step outside their homes at all. In many Syrian towns, lawlessness has become the norm. When government forces aren’t present, Muslims have been known to rob churches and kidnap, rape, or even kill Christian women. Innocent bystanders simply making trips to the store have been gunned down. Curfews have done little to make anyone feel safer or less fearful, so the Christian community simply bands together…and prays. Hundreds of these Christian residents have watched their lives — and their very freedoms — slip away right before their eyes. Homs, a city which has been occupied by both government and rebel forces for weeks, is now alone the site of more than 1,500 violent deaths. As the Arab Spring continues to rage throughout Syria, thousands more people have lost their lives in a movement that seeks to strip President Bashar al-Assad’s regime of its power. And as Islamic protesters clash with government forces, Christians have become hopelessly tangled in the crossfire. The most recent fighting has left over 50 Christians dead. One victim, a young Christian boy, was killed by rebels who filmed the murder and then blamed the act on government soldiers. Another victim, a Christian man, was taken captive by rebels before being cruelly asked by them, “How do you want to die?” The man suffered a complete breakdown before he was eventually released.

Persecution of Christians in Syria

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe
isnt it strange for a country to build a memorial for a massacre in a different country
do they feel guilty about something

In the article they explain it.

The idea for the Newtown grove grew from a request made by Veronique Pozner, whose son, Noah, was the only Jewish victim of the shooting at the Connecticut school. Pozner said memorial contributions could be directed toward the planting of trees in Israel.

The president of Hadassah, Marcie Natan, said her organization decided quickly that it wanted to honor all the victims of the massacre, not just Noah.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I understand the explanation, but with all that is going on it still seems like a weird gesture. Dedicating trees will not stop the killing of innocent people anywhere, no way no how.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
reply to post by ArMaP

I understand the explanation, but with all that is going on it still seems like a weird gesture. Dedicating trees will not stop the killing of innocent people anywhere, no way no how.

It has nothing to do with stopping the killing of innocent people, it's a memorial.

memorial is an object which serves as a focus for memory of something, usually a person (who has died) or an event. Popular forms of memorials include landmark objects or art objects such as sculptures, statues or fountains, and even entire parks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join