It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3,000 trees to be planted in Israel to memorialize Newtown victims

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Nice of them to do that. Hope that all donations go to good use. I wonder what memorial are we going to make here in America?

3,000 trees to be planted in Israel to memorialize Newtown victims

NEW YORK (JTA) – More than 2,000 people have donated funds to plant a grove of more than 3,000 trees in Israel in memory of the victims of the Newtown shooting. Hadassah has raised more than $61,000 toward the planting of trees honoring the 26 victims of the Dec. 14 massacre at the Sandy Hook Elementary School. The trees will be part of the Beersheva River Park, a 1,700-acre water, environmental and commercial area being constructed by the Jewish National Fund in Israel’s desert city. The idea for the Newtown grove grew from a request made by Veronique Pozner, whose son, Noah, was the only Jewish victim of the shooting at the Connecticut school. Pozner said memorial contributions could be directed toward the planting of trees in Israel.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

How many trees are they dedicating to the memory of Palestinians that have been killed in their own backyard.
That is one weird gesture.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Exactly, nice find, OP.

Nice of the Israelis to do this, but I wonder if any sort of memorial like this will be built in America.

Doubt it.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
isnt it strange for a country to build a memorial for a massacre in a different country
do they feel guilty about something

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras

How many trees are they dedicating to the memory of Palestinians that have been killed in their own backyard.
That is one weird gesture.

I don't know. They didn't say.

It's like people got upset when Russia decided to stop allowing Americans adopting their kids, but we have so many kids in need of families here in the US. People do weird things everywhere.
edit on 31-12-2012 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Nice of the Israelis to do this, but I wonder if any sort of memorial like this will be built in America.

Doubt it.
Chill, the Trees are being paid for with money Donated in the US for ALL of the Victims.
This is Just another Thing US money is Paying for in Israel, the Reforestation.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Awesome news.

Good to hear that they are doing something like that.

PS:- The Palestine comment which was made some guy clearly demonstrates how people will find fault in every statement .
Not to mention that was complete lie.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xszawe

more like a tribute to their achievement.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe
isnt it strange for a country to build a memorial for a massacre in a different country
do they feel guilty about something

I believe the word is sympathy.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
why not just 23 trees... did 3000 people die?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Israel planting tree's for slain children is like McDonalds planting tree's for people who died from Obesity.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
They already had the trees ordered. So they decided to get some credit for what they were going to do anyway, what's the big deal, it happens all the time.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by svmpua

What do you mean a complete lie? Palestinians are being forced out of their homes, Their homes are being bull dozed. What part is a lie? I am not against Jewish people but I am against injustice. That my Friend is injustice.
Planting trees in memory of a terrible shooting in another country doesn't make up for what is being done to the Palestinian people, I also know Israelis have been murdered by Palestinians and if they were planting the trees I'd say the same thing. But they're too bust trying to find somewhere to live.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
reply to post by svmpua

What do you mean a complete lie? Palestinians are being forced out of their homes, Their homes are being bull dozed. What part is a lie? I am not against Jewish people but I am against injustice. That my Friend is injustice.
Planting trees in memory of a terrible shooting in another country doesn't make up for what is being done to the Palestinian people, I also know Israelis have been murdered by Palestinians and if they were planting the trees I'd say the same thing. But they're too bust trying to find somewhere to live.

Really ?

These pics and links clearly demonstrate how peaceful Palestine is

PALESTINIAN MUSLIM CLERIC URGES ALL ARABS TO KILL JEWS, CHRISTIANS, AND AMERICANS WHEREVER THEY HAPPEN TO LIVE!
Palestinians Killed 40,000 Christians In Lebanon In 1976
How the Muslims celebrated 9/11

Clearly shows how 'peaceful' Palestine is

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

28 people died.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by svmpua

Israel - The champion for childrens rights.

This is one of the "Lucky" kids. He got off Lightly

edit on 31-12-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
svmpua.. why are you laughing so much at the comments you make
just seems kind of odd
im sure enough people are already laughing at you already without the need for emoticons

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

Really?
Nothing can beat Hamas's Children Crime record.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xszawe

Yeah I love smiling.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join