It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Must Prep Now for 'Mutant' Future, Researchers Warn

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Military Must Prep Now for 'Mutant' Future, Researchers Warn

www.wired.com

The U.S. military is already using, or fast developing, a wide range of technologies meant to give troops what California Polytechnic State University researcher Patrick Lin calls “mutant powers.” Greater strength and endurance. Superior cognition. Better teamwork. Fearlessness.

But the risk, ethics and policy issues arising out of these so-called “military human enhancements” — including drugs, special nutrition, electroshock, gene therapy and robotic implants and prostheses — are poorly understood, Lin and his colleagues Maxwell Mehlman and Keith Abney posit in a new report fo
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Especially since some of the research seems to be focusing on how to reduce soldiers' critical thinking and ethical scruples. That's been going on for a while in other ways: after realizing that a lot of soldiers purposely fired above their enemies' heads due to an intrinsic distaste for shooting people, a lot of military training has been focused on overcoming the (otherwise generally desirable) "not a psycho who wants to put a bullet in another human" reflex. Could get a lot more problematic if it's actually drugs and/or genetic engineering...

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Cool I bet all the kids will be lining up for enrollment for military experiments lol

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
Cool I bet all the kids will be lining up for enrollment for military experiments lol

Sounds like The Bourne Legacy...you won't see my ass in line for that *Snip*.
edit on 31-12-2012 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WhereIsTheBatman

I figured the military would do this. The already have tactical teams for when/if the zombies arise. So this wouldn't be any different imo. It's only a matter of time with all the crazy bio weapons they test.

To breed the super solider. The gov'ts have been trying this for a number of years...

Cool article. Star and flag.

-SAP-
edit on 31-12-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

While the military is still playing with toys, the Real superhumans are training around the world in remote locations.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiindWalker

While the military is still playing with toys, the Real superhumans are training around the world in remote locations.

indeed i predict these homunculii, being products of ahrimanic science,
will fail spectacularly against a true practitioner of esoterica.
in most cases a simple divination regarding the self destruct/control systems that will be implanted in these "super"-soldiers so that they don't turn against their masters, will provide more than enough "ammunition"

lets not forget that the true schools of martial arts have secret esoteric teachings.

imagine the six-billion dollar man defeated by a finger-poke full of chi or bio-electricity at just the right frequency
on a particular spot.

and all due to a factory/design defect.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

No surprise here. It's been coming for a very long time. We talk about it on our podcast all the time. The topic of transhumanism. Ray Kurzweil wanting to resurrect his father, Singularity university, and of course, super soldiers in the military.

Strange strange times ahead of us.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
hard to believe this is a new thing since the rations of meth in WWII. The black budget has to go to something, and it isn't hard to believe that it funds human enhancement.

Just think of all the drugs used in sports and multiply that by the government budget and I'm sure you'll get some combat freaks, or at least the potential of it at least. I honestly don't think they would go that way when they could spend money on drones to accomplish a similar task without needing to override that pesky human morality thing.

The idea of a genetically enhanced super-soldier is amazing, but incredibly unrealistic at the current levels of genetic manipulation. 1 out of a thousand mutants might be viable, so it's difficult to conceive that thousands of failed humans are brought to term in order to obtain a handful of super soldiers. It might be possible, but we would certainly never hear about it.

Edit: that being said, there is certainly a grey area where people can be enhanced for militaristic gain. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if there are certain EM brain enhancement programs, which appear to be viable and innocuous.
edit on 12/31/2012 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Isn't this exactly how meth was invented....
A little history on that....

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
With the cost of training one soldier, I believe in thenear future an army of flesh and blood will be replaced by one of silicon. That would solve every issue, plus if there are operators, then the death of a "soldier" would not mean the loss of experience, but the gaining of experience (ala Battle Star Galactica).

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The powers of the world have been conditioning people to be soldiers for thousands of years. The Romans used cabbage, the Germans used sour Kraut. Every great power has used some sort of alchemy throughout our history to get their way. Read history to find the future. Mankind has not changed that much. At a certain point the majority of us will be expendable. I think that time is near.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

lets not forget that the true schools of martial arts have secret esoteric teachings.

imagine the six-billion dollar man defeated by a finger-poke full of chi or bio-electricity at just the right frequency
on a particular spot.

RLMFAO!!! you obviously come from the teachings of the "True" masters.....hush, we cannot speak to loudly

unfortunalely, they already know this.....it's all about proximity!!! >>>>>catch my drift

The tai-chi-masters and their mass sacrificed followers are already history.....they can't get close enough to employ their 600BC century magick.....how unfortunate.

No, these mutant soldiers are already passe', There are new iRobots that haven't even been disclosed to the upper ranks.....this story is just a false flag.

If we only knew what they really have...........

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

on a particular spot.

RLMFAO!!! you obviously come from the teachings of the "True" masters.....hush, we cannot speak to loudly

unfortunalely, they already know this.....it's all about proximity!!! >>>>>catch my drift

The tai-chi-masters and their mass sacrificed followers are already history.....they can't get close enough to employ their 600BC century magick.....how unfortunate.

No, these mutant soldiers are already passe', There are new iRobots that haven't even been disclosed to the upper ranks.....this story is just a false flag.

If we only knew what they really have...........

Nobody likes an a$$hole man. You are practically trying to destroy the dreams of many people on this earth with these types of comments. Good for you man, good for you.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Nobody likes an a$$hole man. You are practically trying to destroy the dreams of many people on this earth with these types of comments. Good for you man, good for you.

ooooh touchy, touchy. Sorry if I hit a nerve so articulate one.

WTF, "....[ I ] am practically trying to destroy the dreams of many people on this earth........" My dear fella, I had nor have I the intention to destroy anything........especially dreams

You appear to be more of the....should we say a##, than anyone, but how would we know that?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The military will be the guinea pigs for trans-humanism! They already experiment on troops with vaccines.

I think this means it'll be a decade from now before it starts to trickle into the consumer markets.

Awesome

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I guess this means nobody has plans to end the war(s). Imagine super soldiers trying to reassimilate back into society. That's depressing.

Seems like a lot of bad things happen surrounding Fort Bragg soldiers. These are just a few I searched quick. I don't know if there is a super soldier connection but it seems like 10 pounds of trouble in a 5 pound bag.

www.cb... snews.com/8301-201_162-57464696/spc-ricky-g-elder-fort-bragg-soldier-who-shot-commander-dies-of-self-inflicted-wounds/

www.myfoxspokane.com... ldier-killed-2-wounded-fort-bragg-shooting

www.alternet.org... /civil-liberties/sikh-temple-killer-wade-michael-page-was-radicalized-army-bases-thriving-neo-nazi

But while his motive may never be known, the details of his life suggest that the path toward his final act began at a U.S Army base that was home to a thriving neo-Nazi underworld during the time Page was stationed there in the mid-1990s.

There being Fort Bragg.

edit on 1-1-2013 by PrincessTofu because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2013 by PrincessTofu because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2013 by PrincessTofu because: typo

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
James Casbolt has been one to write on these ideas with Project Mannequin educate-yourself.org... . Some pretty amazing feats are described when genetics, training, hypnosis and other techniques are used like rapid healing, enduring extreme temperatures, accelerated learning and even surviving jumping out of a plane without a parachute.

Make of his story what you will, but if you are interested in these topics it is a good read.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

With the influx of superpower movies Hollywood puts out, that shouldn't be too hard.

Especially since the movies make such a good point about how ethical it is.
Either they do it so Captain America kills all the Nazis or they don't and the world fails.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
So the questions is wether or not the Fed had the idea before or after the movie "Universal Soldier" came out?

Have you noticed that alot of movie plots end up actually being some real thing. Makes you wonder who is sharing the info with who.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join