posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:13 PM
The reasons I keep my landline are:
1) In case of another blackout, which is not an impossibility, the landline will still work, because there are backup batteries and other things like
backup generators at crucial switches and stations. If I'm snowed in for 3 days or so, it would be a good idea to have some link to the world
I actually have one corded phone in my house just for that reason (cordless phones will shut down too, w/o electricity)
2) Landline allows two people in the same house to share a conversation with third party w/o the hassle of a conference call. Likewise, I have 3
phones in my house (on the same line) so I don't have to rush upstairs every time there is a call.
3) The cell phone reception in my area isn't that great.
4) A babysitter can accidentally leave her cellphone off, now what would
you do if you are on vacation in Vegas???
5) Guests from Europe staying at my place do not have compatible
cellphones, and they would like to stay in touch as well