It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC reporter claims to have found Scientologists’ ‘alien space cathedral’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Found some more interesting stuff......is it true? Scientology linked to IRS?

And now for something REALLY weird - UPDATED

Very few people, including very few $cientologists, know that the whole "Church" of Scientology is owned by another, much more secret "Church", known as the "Church of Spiritual Technology", which is run by former senior officials of the Internal Revenue Service.

To understand how weird and suspicious this is, you have to understand the truly mysterious relationship between $cientology and the IRS. The IRS aggressively pursued legal action against Co$ for decades, before VERY mysteriously caving in and giving Co$ an incredibly generous settlement in 1993 - a settlement which came right after Co$ Fuhrer David Miscavige walked into the office of the IRS Commissioner unannounced and held a private meeting with him.

Although we don't know what happened, it appears Miscavige had some "serious dirt" on IRS Commissioner Fred T. Goldberg, or some other extraordinary leverage that persuaded Goldberg to give Scientology everything they ever wanted. But it gets a LOT weirder.

Check out this satellite shot at Google Maps. See that gigantic weird symbol, just northwest of that large landing strip that, incidentally, doesn't appear on any map or aviation chart? That's the symbol of the "Church of Spiritual Technology", and it marks (for any of Xenu's spaceships that might be flying by) the location of the CST "Trementina Base", which is one of the most secret facilities in the Scientology empire.

proudsuppressives.blogspot.com...

So the strip is large enough to land Air Force One?

Zoom in on the pic to get a good look at the symbol etched in the ground.

Weirder and weirder.

Makes me wonder if these nut jobs run things in our government, maybe they are far more dangerous than believed.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This project was well known by people interested in Scientology (I'm not a scientologist but have high regard for many of Hubbard's books and discoveries, and had a teacher who knew the stuff inside and out) because Hubbard thought decades ago that the world was going to nuke itself and that scientology was its "only" hope in stopping some of the governmental insanity. This place was built and maintained so if the worse did happen then his writings would somehow be preserved for humanity if it ever got itself around to a technical age again. Common sense, it seems, and probably other religions have done similar things.

And the Xenu stuff again! Hubbard used '___' in the '70s and blew his mind for awhile and wrote that stuff. Apparantly the things they audit (I've never had scientology auditing per se, and keep well away from those people on the street who try to bully you into their centers) related to the Xenu fantasy do some good because they relieve muscle tension and stored trauma - but Xenu has nothing to do with it outside of a stupid thing Hubbard laid out for people to kick-his-departed behind about. Not very smart, that space story. Bad acid?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Your third link goes on to explain the symbols visible from the sky

Gill told us that the logos and the houses are paired for a reason — it’s not “aliens” that the symbols are meant to guide, but L. Ron Hubbard’s reincarnating spirit, his thetan, returning to earth.

But everyone loves aliens, so let's just ignore that part.

Carry on.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Quite an interesting post OP. Ive always been a bit leery in regards to the Scientologists. It seems more like a cult than an actual religion, in the fact that they charge monetary resources to ascend to the next levels.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Great videos and replies.
ATS members are amazing at amassing info on subjects quickly.
I had no idea that much work went into preserving Hubbards' writings.
Stars to all.

Mark my words ..Some day, Tom Cruz will be chased down a freeway
by authorities just like OJ. However, he won't be in a Ford Bronco
and I seriously doubt it'll be a slow speed pursuit.
But it's coming.
edit on 1-1-2013 by sealing because: Sp

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sealing

In the video I posted, a former scientologist claims to have taped Tom cruise's auditing or whatever they call it. She claims there is information Cruise would not want to be made public. Apparently all the auditing sessions were secretly recorded.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

That video was amazing.
Thank you for finding that.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I watched that video and thought that it was really interesting, on other videos on the subject that you can point me to?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sealing

It was a follow up to this documentary, where Sweeny has his meltdown.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I have an "SP" file from the church of Scientology. It was fun to partake in project chanology when we protested them back in early 2000's. I had one member try and fight me. It was hilarious.

Im not a fan of this church.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
That is pretty cool. I like the fact that they are prepared for a large ELE.

Makes me want to join them .

Need to look into this group in my local area and see if I can join up... hang out with Tom Cruise on the weekends.

edit on 31-12-2012 by magma because: intent

I think you're kidding lol. But if you aren't check my sig.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I, too, think the Church of Scientology is goofy, but I disagree with the assessment that the symbols to the NorthEAST of the air strip are part of the CoS.

To me, the symbols are not unlike the hundreds of others in New Mexico, Utah, California, Arizona, Nevada and other states where the US Army Air Force practiced bombed during World War Two. I believe they are abandoned bombing and gunnery targets. To further enhance my belief is an abandoned Army air strip several miles to the North West.

The symbols in question also look a lot older than the private airstrip and its surroundings.

Sorry, I don't buy the bit about the symbols...

ETA, The Google satellite view that the story is linked to seems to be older than the satellite picture in the OP. The symbols are the same but are to the East of the CoS runway. I'm going to Google Satellite View and see whats up...
edit on 1-1-2013 by NightFlight because: confuzled

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Klassified

That's what I don't get. I have a hard time believing the leaders believe the nonsense, so what's the point of having this secret complex that apparently not even church members are supposed to know about? I think scientology is primarily a money maker for a few people at the top.

Only a hardcore believer would have constructed such an elaborate complex, considering they kept it secret from other members. If it was "just" a money-making scheme, there would be no point. It would be akin to building an H-bomb as a deterrent, and not telling anybody about it.

So it seems even at the very top, this mythology is taken very seriously. They milk the public for every drop of money, true, but if that was the end of it, we wouldn't be seeing that money directed to such massive projects.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...#! bottom right side enable subtitles

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
Wouldn't it be scary if we had an atomic war that wiped out most of man, and then centuries later we find this.....the future looks bleak.

Or...

It just stays buried, and lost.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Klassified

That's what I don't get. I have a hard time believing the leaders believe the nonsense, so what's the point of having this secret complex that apparently not even church members are supposed to know about? I think scientology is primarily a money maker for a few people at the top.

Only a hardcore believer would have constructed such an elaborate complex, considering they kept it secret from other members. If it was "just" a money-making scheme, there would be no point. It would be akin to building an H-bomb as a deterrent, and not telling anybody about it.

So it seems even at the very top, this mythology is taken very seriously. They milk the public for every drop of money, true, but if that was the end of it, we wouldn't be seeing that money directed to such massive projects.

Don't underestimate the top of scientology. I wouldn't put it past them to build it and leak it to the press to incite that exact reaction.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The thing I find ironic about the religion is the founder was a famous fiction writer.
It is like finding out Jesus made his living as a magician.

I have a feeling they are about to be picked apart from past members and the court of public opinion in the very near future. They better pull themselves together the ride is about to get rough for them.

At some point they are going to have to give in like the Mormons. It is only a matter of time and past members speaking out.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I think I want to start my own religion, and then sucker a bunch of rich Hollywood celebrities into not only joining, but also doing God's will by giving me millions of dollars. LOL. It's funny, but since it actually has happened it is not that funny anymore. That is probably how they can afford stuff like this, and they supposedly have all types of facilities located all around the world. I really would like to know, for instance, how much someone like Tom Cruise has paid or given to the Church of Scientology...Probably millions and millions of dollars.

I mentioned the other day that I had read an article that stated Hubbard never wrote about the things Scientology currently teaches, but that the government of the US confiscated his real material and released this crap instead, the purpose being that he was onto something regarding how human consciousness worked in harmony with the universe...Or something like that. I don't buy it personally, but apparently at least one person does. Stranger things have happened though. I just cannot see how anyone who can think for themselves could buy into what this "religion" teaches.

Some people say that about modern religions, but they are totally different. Today we have religions based on events that supposedly happened thousands of years ago, and because we were not able to witness them personally, we have to choose whether to believe the many people who believed in their religion when it first started. There are many people who were either firsthand witnesses, or secondhand witnesses, and that is what we have to go on today. So if one guy wrote a book or started preaching some new religion, how could I believe him? If there were multiple people who witnessed miraculous events, or interviewed many people who witnessed miraculous events, then I would probably take them more seriously.

Even a religion like Mormonism is just mind-blowing to me, as people actually believed one guy saying he had magic rocks. I mean all the evidence points to the idea that he was a swindler, and that he simply invented this religious nonsense for personal and selfish reasons...Not because an angel spoke to him. There are just so many gullible people in my opinion. And as I said, most modern religions are so old that it makes sense that people still believe in them and practice them, but religions so new are much more likely to be fraudulent, considering if God was going to do something regarding mankind, he would have done it already thousands of years ago, since humans have been around now for a very long time. I know this is not a flawless argument, but I intended this more as a side topic to this post, and I really do not feel like debating various religions in this thread with anyone. I think I got my point across, and it only took me 44,000 words or so. This has been a great day, lemme tell ya, lol.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
In response to people who think all the higher-ups know it's a scam: My uncle was rubbing elbows with L. Ron Hubbard for years before his death, even was appointed to personally investigate Hubbard's son's death. He was a member of the GO (Guardian's Office), and was also involved in Operation Snowflake. My uncle was an amazing man, and his children are even more amazing, but he believed with every cell in his body that this was the true path. He was a good man, had many of the same ideals as myself, also the same undying quest for truth. To him, he found it in Scientology. At least to me, he brushed off the claims of Xenu as slander by former disgruntled members. We didn't have many conversations about Scientology, but when we did, I could sense he truly believed it was a good thing for humanity. Although, there were several questions he could not answer for me, such as, "If Scientology is so awesome, why charge people for it?"

Rest his soul....

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

I see your point, but I'm wondering if they haven't built this thing for other reasons. It wouldn't be all that hard to pretend they were just trying to preserve knowledge, let a few people see it and then fill the place up with something else.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join