It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC reporter claims to have found Scientologists’ ‘alien space cathedral’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

A BBC reporter and longtime rival of the controversial Church of Scientology said he has found and traveled to an “alien space cathedral” it built in rural New Mexico, according to the British newspaper The Daily Mail.

John Sweeney said he went to the site, allegedly known as Trementina Base, along with former Scientologist Marc Headley in the course of researching a book about the controversial religion, best-known for drawing in a number of Hollywood stars.

Link

"Its vault houses the lectures of church founder L Ron Hubbard on gold discs locked in titanium caskets sealed with argon," the excerpt says. "The cathedral is H-bomb proof, protected by three 5,000lb stainless steel airlocks."

Link

Link

Saw this on Reddit and thought some people here might enjoy reading about this place. I find the whole thing rather creepy and weird but I suppose that's par for the course when dealing with scientology. I'm kind of amazed they still have money for facilities like this. I really wonder if the stories I just read were blowing this place out of proportion, and if these folks are actually engraving teachings and sealing up. Anyone here know any more about this place? It would sure be interesting to go press the doorbell.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be scary if we had an atomic war that wiped out most of man, and then centuries later we find this.....the future looks bleak.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I really do not know much of Scientology at all since I stopped caring pretty quickly about it, but somehow this does not surprise me, true or not! lol
Nice find Sir.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Putyournamehere

That is a rather frightening prospect.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

No doubt about it, these folks are...uhm...different. So ol Ron's gonna come back and run the show after his reincarnation huh? I hope they don't hold their breath. According to most reincarnationists, he wouldn't know who he was anyway.

As Sweeney points out, it’s extremely odd that Scientology has gone to the great expense to dig a vast vault in the middle of nowhere for storing Hubbard’s writings on etched steel plates and gold compact discs inside titanium containers, and marked the place with a vast symbol carved into the desert that can only be seen from the sky.

“That’s where LRH is supposed to go, when he returns,” Gill says. Once Hubbard adopts a new body, he’s expected to make his way to one of the CST bases. “That’s where he’s supposed to be raised and be taken care of,” Gill says. “So the symbol is a way for a spirit to find its way back to where it belongs.”

I think I'm with Sweeney on this one. I seriously doubt the leaders of the church believe the same crap they're teaching their congregations. Yeah right, about like the big televangelists believe the bible. There's something else going on there, or why this?

Not only are CST locations closed to the public, they are also kept strictly secret from Church of Scientology members.

S&F

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Very interesting. Going to look more into this. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

That's what I don't get. I have a hard time believing the leaders believe the nonsense, so what's the point of having this secret complex that apparently not even church members are supposed to know about? I think scientology is primarily a money maker for a few people at the top.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Agreed, and it sounds like they're making their own plans for doomsday. Underground? 5000lb airlocks? Bomb proof? Oh, and lets not forget that symbol that probably acts as a designator for scientology leaders flying in to hide in their well stocked bunkers. "Yep. This is the place. You found it."

These church leaders are worth keeping an eye on. I believe the Vatican, and the Mormons also have these bunkers they label as repositories. But it could just be the cynic in me.

edit on 12/31/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I would think that most of the major religions have creepy bunker situations, good point.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hmmm..just watched this the other day..

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Awesome, thanks. Creepy at the end when they talk about the cable company interrupting the broadcast.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
That is pretty cool. I like the fact that they are prepared for a large ELE.

Makes me want to join them .

Need to look into this group in my local area and see if I can join up... hang out with Tom Cruise on the weekends.

edit on 31-12-2012 by magma because: intent

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

I'm sure they would love to have you!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
And to think, I always thought future archeologists would dig up all the Disney Worlds and think we worshipped a Mouse God.

Finding this would be a hundred times worse.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Just wanted to show you this in case anyone is interested in how they spend the silly celebrities money.

The Super Power Center now being built in Clearwater, FL.

blogs.villagevoice.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

For anyone wh hasn't seen Sweeneys documentary on Scientology, here is the follow up, to the one where Sweeney lost it. Very interesting tosee the methods this "church" usesto investigate those who choose to investigate them.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
does anyone now the coordinates? im trying to find it on google earth

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

This guy has some directions and google earth info.

photos.natesammons.com...#!i=50554927&k=fkXw4GG

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
35°31'28.56"N 104°34'20.20"W

hardly visible from space if at all
the airstrip runway is more impressive

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

The runway should be big enough for travoltas jet?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join