It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine to Gun-grabber Di Feinstein: 'No Ma'am'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Observor

PMCs do not hire average joes. They recruit people with a certain degree of military experience only. "T-shirt" types need not apply. (the type of people that walk around in a Special Forces or the like t-shirt and think it gives them cred). They recruit out of third world countries because their pay would probably be pretty low in the first place, which means they would accept a lower wage for their "services." PMCs will not hire anyone without military experience as the government spends close to 500 000 dollars training each new recruit. In their minds, they basically let the given government do the hard work and then they come in and just polish up whatever pre-existing training may have been had. All other things considered, they are corporations and corporations exist only to make a profit.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nothingwrong
If your government turns on you any pea shooter you have n your draw will only lead to your earlier demise. It will not free you. You can't beat the American government. Not even if you all had 2 guns each. Wake up! This is not the path of a sane society. If all you gun owners are so worried abut your government try choosing another one!

I'm just gonna be completely honest and a little blunt. When I first read this the first thing I thought of was slavery. Too scared to revolt because it might make the master angry.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

You are right about private military contractors, but I was only referring to private law enforcement contractors.

It is one thing to grant immunity from prosecution for the PMCs employed by the occupying power in a foreign land and quite another to do the same in one's own country. PMCs are not diplomats with diplomatic immunity. There are no international agreements covering them. Very few non-Americans would want to join knowing the risks.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Your funny! lol

What should I do when threatened? Threatened by whom? In fact, come to think of it, I don't think I ever really get threatened very much. Do you? What do you do?

If your government turns on you any pea shooter you have n your draw will only lead to your earlier demise. It will not free you. You can't beat the American government. Not even if you all had 2 guns each. Wake up! This is not the path of a sane society. If all you gun owners are so worried abut your government try choosing another one!

One doesn't have to have a gun pressed directly against their temple to feel threatened. Feeling some sort of threat is POSSIBLE is a whole lot better for survivability than thinking that it couldn't POSSIBLY happen to me as I skip merrily through the tulips.

The important question needing to be answered is "How many FIRST agents to knock on a citizen's door to confiscate his or her weapons can the government afford to lose?" Once government agents start refusing to be that FIRST person, then the confiscation ends. Yeah, blood will be spilled on both sides, but one whose side is sheer numbers? Simple attrition will take it's toll. We just have to be the last group still standing. It they raise the ante by getting ever more violent, then this in itself will be self defeating as more and more people who were previously undecided, will then DECIDE that they have had enough of watching their neighbors die at the hands of the government.

It would say volumes about our government if they decide anyway to suffer those losses on both sides. People would have to wonder at WHY they would be willing to pay such a steep price to confiscate firearms from their people. Seriously, can any government survive an all out WAR with their own citizens? Seriously could YOU look yourself in the mirror after allowing ANYONE to just take away your rightfully owned personal property?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Dude, you guys don't know jack #t about PMCs. They aren't mercenaries. There's a huge difference!!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
and i feel the same as the marine.
i especially like this line " I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve."
funny how they seem to think other wise.
Message to D.F. - fogetaboutit.

the 2nd amendment ...the right to bear arms 'shall not be infringed'.

kudos and s&f for the OP

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Personally... I believe that when the SHTF...it will be the ones not legally allowed to own a firearm who will be there to back up the rest of the citizens against the powers that be and regardless of what they may or may not have done in their lifetime....most have heart and they know who the real enemy is....just my opinion on the issue. I feel that if someone commits a crime....is sent to prison and serves their time....then they have already been punished and the powers that be have no right to say they can or cant own a firearm! It sure don't say that in the Constitution either.....something to think about.

The 2nd amendment says ..."the right to bear arms 'shall not be infringed'. It does not say that any ex-felon is excluded in anyway from owning a firearm.

reply to post by nothingwrong

edit on 3-1-2013 by tracer because: addition

edit on 3-1-2013 by tracer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Reality check.
Obama is not taking your guns.
-Unless it's a Bushmaster. And even then if you own a bushmaster you don't have to give it or sell it back to your government.
There are lots of guns out there, I don't see how banning one or two different types make you people unable to defend yourselves against yourselves. .
Also they want to make clips hold less ammo. Big F66ing deal, I cant have 100 bullets in my clip...

And I guess, on this thread I also have to add: Obama is not a Muslim. But that wont stop you from thinking he is now, will it?
IMO Sandy Hook reflects the fact that American civilians are not responsible enough to own military grade weapons. Your laws are archaic, to say the least.

edit on 3-1-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rich Z

Your funny! lol

What should I do when threatened? Threatened by whom? In fact, come to think of it, I don't think I ever really get threatened very much. Do you? What do you do?

One doesn't have to have a gun pressed directly against their temple to feel threatened. Feeling some sort of threat is POSSIBLE is a whole lot better for survivability than thinking that it couldn't POSSIBLY happen to me as I skip merrily through the tulips.

The important question needing to be answered is "How many FIRST agents to knock on a citizen's door to confiscate his or her weapons can the government afford to lose?" Once government agents start refusing to be that FIRST person, then the confiscation ends. Yeah, blood will be spilled on both sides, but one whose side is sheer numbers? Simple attrition will take it's toll. We just have to be the last group still standing. It they raise the ante by getting ever more violent, then this in itself will be self defeating as more and more people who were previously undecided, will then DECIDE that they have had enough of watching their neighbors die at the hands of the government.

It would say volumes about our government if they decide anyway to suffer those losses on both sides. People would have to wonder at WHY they would be willing to pay such a steep price to confiscate firearms from their people. Seriously, can any government survive an all out WAR with their own citizens? Seriously could YOU look yourself in the mirror after allowing ANYONE to just take away your rightfully owned personal property?

To answer your last question - yes, no problem. Could you look your self in the mirror having shot some father/son/husband/brother in the chest for following YOUR governments orders? Having gunned down a government employee and kicked of a gun fight on your own doorstep? Stray bullets hitting kids and cats as you battle for your right to own a gun? Can't you see the absurdity of this?

Yeah, so the FIRST person gets shot - you don't think the other dozen might just wipe you and your family out? As a show of force to make sure your neighbors don't make the same mistake and put up a similar resistance? You know they would do it.

Scary - do you want the US to end up like Syria?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Well we all know whats important to you. You. There are two types of people those who give and those who take.
Some people fight for freedom, some sit back and enjoy it. Pretty sure there would be a civil war in this country if it came down to the government trying to use troops against its citizens . It would divid the country and pit military and civilians against military and government. Regardless what the media tells you most military would not back using force against the people and the constitution. Its in our oath and most take it very seriously.

Bill

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JerkyBeer
Dude, you guys don't know jack #t about PMCs. They aren't mercenaries. There's a huge difference!!!!

Yep, it;s the size of the paycheck.

Per the OP

There are many here on ATS who have said the same.

To those who think the gun grabbers aren't serious watch Illinois...
It's going to be their testing ground.
If it can fly there they will do it state by state until nobodys left.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Tap rack bang ( + )Kentucky windage Master Jedi. > abomination is not going to confiscate weapons.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join