It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine to Gun-grabber Di Feinstein: 'No Ma'am'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The Military is on our side but its the ones in charge of it I`m worried about. It will be a blood bath if it comes to turning in all firearms,Martial law is what they want but they still have to get the military to grab the weapons. They`re slowly going to whittle it away from Military style,to semi auto to multiple shot then an outright ban. These cats have been planning for a long time, they dont think short term when it comes to their power and control. Unfortunatly you have alot of people who have the "what do you need that for"mentality and they fail to see the big picture. Im glad this guy spoke up, he is a true American hero for speaking his mind, regaurdless of his rank
. My buds in the local police dept say the will tell the Cheif to " Fu@k himself" if they get the order to confiscate law biding citizens firearms.

Bill

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I live in the Southern U.S.A My perspective is simple. I am a middle aged man with three children and a wife. It is my job to protect my family. I have never been in prison, arrested, or even ticketed for that matter. I have a college degree and am in Middle Management with a Fortune 100 company.

If the President of the U.S. deserves protection so does my family.

My life has been dedicated to the protection and provision for my family. I stand by Country, my friends, and strangers in need, a gun is a tool they are owned by fools, heroes and, the common man and woman. Learn to use one safely and your perspective will change forever.

If you live in a world where you do not have that freedom I am sorry for you, do the best with what you have.

I do not have more courage than you nor am I more of a man. I am fortunate to live in a place that respects my freedom and I can honestly say that because of that I will never live in fear.

I would die for my Children, my Wife, my Country and my Constitutional Rights. I have no problem with any man but to take any of these things that I value away from me he better be just as willing to die to in order to do so.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
There's one former Jarhead that this former Squid will get behind. I know many people still serving in the Military that would not take the order to disarm the population. I was born free, and I will die free.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It amazes me how easily our rights can be taken away. I have a feeling our government officials will go through with their legislation and pass it. I feel that my rights shouldn't be revoked because some poor excuse for a human being decided to do evil. I believe there are other approaches to this situation.

The media is reporting that many people favor to outlaw "assualt weapons" yet thousands of weapons are being sold out nation wide. Here in Las Vegas all over town you cannot find a. Assualt rifle; further more semi pistols are going like crazy. I bought the las glock 17 gen 4 in town. I really hope it doesn't come down too

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It's the bankers folks. Stop-look, and listen. When ever there is something a miss, just follow the money.
In this deal, they make money and take it from us either way.
They threaten, we put money into arms. Meanwhile, they tax the crap out of us to pay for what they have stolen telling us that we are in debt.
Debt that is not ours!
If they do try to take our guns, they will tax us even more. If we go to war over it, they make tons of money on both sides.
It's the only way they play, both sides.
Maybe heads should roll. It has been almost 100 years since they gave us the IRS and the Private Federal Bank system. They would like to have it done come December 24th I am sure.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This guy is one of the biggest problems with the American gun culture, which will never, ever go away.

Concealed carry laws because he wants the right to protect himself outside of his home?

Back to the same old tired argument that more guns leads to safer environments, not more dangerous ones.

Here in Canada, we feel safe, and don't go around carrying loaded pistols in our socks to feel this way.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Feeling safe and being safe are two different things.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I haven't lived in Canada. I have lived in the US.

I drove through Canada from Detroit (Michigan) to New York. Beautiful country and very friendly people. Even the police were friendly.

It is pretty much the same thing as driving along the Western Kentucky Parkway here in the US. I am sure those people do not feel a need to be armed 24/7 and many leave the doors unlocked.

If I had to guess I would say the crime rates are about the same in both locations.

Please do not compare America to any other country. Our issues are vastly different, as are yours. I respect the laws of all the nations I have been in. In Germany I never talked back to the police, in Korea I took my shoes off before I entered a house, in the middle east I ensured that a male was present if I talked to a female. I didn't always agree with the customs and laws of a nation, but I accepted them.

The American people have a legal right to their weapons. Why can you not accept that?
edit on 1-1-2013 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
This guy is one of the biggest problems with the American gun culture, which will never, ever go away.

Concealed carry laws because he wants the right to protect himself outside of his home?

Back to the same old tired argument that more guns leads to safer environments, not more dangerous ones.

Here in Canada, we feel safe, and don't go around carrying loaded pistols in our socks to feel this way.

Good for Canada, unfortunatly for us our criminals are better armed than your military.

Bill

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

that sounds terribly uncomfortable. I prefer a shoulder holster myself. I find that my socks are best filled with quarters, pennies, nuts or bolts not 9 mm Glocks or Sig Sauer .40's To each their own though!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nothingwrongA modern advanced society does not need a gun in every home.

Some people can afford armed security. The rest of us just arm ourselves.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret
reply to post by nothingwrong

The circular logic is ridiculous! All guns should be legal so that I can protect myself from people with guns!? Really!!!!???? And then he said - only the violent criminals should not be permitted to purchase guns! WTF? Is this guy a comic? They already have them! It is these people you are declaring you need to protect yourself against! Idiot. If it was so easy you wouldn't need a gun would you?

Why do I get a feeling that you wouldn't have the balls to say it to his face...

Wrong. I have in the past and will always speak my mind. No problemo.
Yes - I have been told "If my sergeant wasn't sitting over there I would take you outside and rip your head off"
And other such pleasantries.

But I am more than happy to repeat that to his face, your face, or any one else who needs to hear that they are talking rubbish.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
petitions.whitehouse.gov... guess some one started a petition to recall Fienstine must be pretty new but i saw it pop up on facebook so i figured others would find it interesting so i guess we will have to see if this goes any where or if it ends up being another "obama build us a death star" petition

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

Interesting. I only know about the Army, I didn't realize that advancement in the Marines could be so slow.

What struck me about the kid's letter was this part:

I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

He won't have "some woman" tell him what to do? I can just picture his hands on his hips and rolling his head as he said that.

Is that the ultimate insult? Not just to have his guns taken away, but by a woman?

What would his letter to Obama look like?

and I will not have some man who proclaims the evil of an inanimate

Looks even weirder with the "man", huh?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC

Originally posted by curme
That Marine spent 6 years in the Corps and couldn't make SGT?

Not really unusual. It works on a quota system in many MOS's.
After E-3 it is no longer time in grade but rather how full is your MOS and is there room for another E-4, E-5 etc...

Yep, depends a lot your MOS. Only a silly grunt would be amazed because somebody didn't make SGT.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by curme

Well done for picking up on the sexism - tells us a lot about the author.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by curme

I don't think there was any sexism intended and even if there was, it seems you're trying to derail the thread. Is she not a woman? Just because someone says "some woman" doesn't imply sexism. That's like saying you saw "some black guy" or "some white guy" doing something, and someone said you were being racist. If you disagree with what he says that's fine, but trying to derail the thread on something so trivial is a bit childish, don't you think?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by igniterevolution

You must also be wary of PMC's (private military corporations) like Blackwater (now Academi) or the multitude of other American PMC's that recruit primarily from the sociopathic pool of the American Special Forces community, as well as from third world nations that don't have a semblance of rights to begin with so they would not think twice about trampling on yours. Do not worry about the military, they are already mostly on your side. I would worry about mercs operating within your borders though if I were you, as they get paid A LOT of money to just follow orders (4-6x what your average E1-E4 would make in the military) and have diplomatic immunity which means no charges for war crimes. Not even a slap on the wrist, so be wary of them is all I can say. I honestly think that a Academi recruit from Bangladesh or the like wouldn't think twice about firing into a crowd of protestors, and neither would some of the ex-Special Forces guys.

Excellent analysis!

In order to use the US military to disarm US public, they would have to break quite a few laws and risk a potential mutiny. None of which is involved when employing private contractors to do the same. However I don't think they have to import contractors from around the world to do this. There should be enough unemployed youth willing to join the ranks of the security personnel especially if the unemployment figures keep going up.

Anyway, it is not as if they are going to go on a disarming spree soon as the law is passed. First citizens will be given sometime to register the weapons that they already own and whose sales have been banned. Not registering will be made a criminal offence. After the deadline passes, cash rewards will be announced (in the beginning it will not be for public, only LEOs) for outing those who own and have not registered. Unless all the owners of unregistered and banned weapons are going to come to the rescue, with their unregistered weapons blazing, of any similar neighbour when the LEOs come to arrest him/her for violating the laws, slowly registrations will go up (there probably will be a clause allowing registrations beyond the deadline but with a penalty). Then another law will be passed asking the owners to surrender their registered weapons. It is probaby at that point that they will need the private contractors.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure a whole lot of cops and marines think like this guy. Not to mention lots of veterans.

Real patriot Americans won't go quietly into the night if statist traitors like Feinstein get their way.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper

This man is the meaning of what a Patriot and a true American really are.

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join