It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine to Gun-grabber Di Feinstein: 'No Ma'am'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The school shooting was a terrible tragedy and I feel for everyone involved. But I keep thinking back to how the patriot act was rammed down our throats after 911, which we later found out eradicated most of our civil liberties. There is a haunting similarity the way that was played out and the way this is being played.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper

The constitution is the law.they serve us.right on bro.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
That Marine spent 6 years in the Corps and couldn't make SGT?

Not really unusual. It works on a quota system in many MOS's.
After E-3 it is no longer time in grade but rather how full is your MOS and is there room for another E-4, E-5 etc...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
Whether or not I agree with gun laws in the US is irrelivant as I am a citizen of the UK

However this marine is spot on.

Your right to self defence is simply that, a right.

What next your right to freedom of speech ?

Don't let them take away your rights or your guns America

Want an idea as to what is left of the bill of rights?
Check this thread out.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
It might turn out like the war on drugs.Were there is money to be made arresting people and selling guns on the black market. They have to play both sides and want every dime. Or it might be what they did with cigarettes and ban where you can have them and tax them to make them really expensive. Either way they are going to making money some way some how. I might as well try and learn how to defend myself against a gun with a spork

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This is a great story, and if the Marine is genuine, then oorah brother. But, my thought reading this is
that we need to be careful at this time. It's very possible that the Government is going to put charismatic,
easy to get behind "leaders" out in the public eye, so that once They surrender, more of us will
give up, too

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper

The media is who is shaping this argument. The masses are taking it in through the "Idiot Tube" at an epic level. Go to any of your local gun shops and just listen to the conversations. These people, me included, are very informed with what is happening. We have seen this coming for quite a while now. As many of you know, I was in the military as well. This marine is correct when he says that most active service members would not follow an order to disarm American citizens. It is an unlawful order because it would be against the Constitution. They would stand down. So, I can see any of the organizations made up of those wonderful acronyms fulfilling this request.

The rubber will meet the road when a citizen looses their life by not complying. The push back will become epic very quick. However, I think this is exactly what they want in order to implement marshal law. This can suspend the Constitution in the event of a national emergency. If this happens, well, we might see a civil war of the likes that will be much bigger and different than the one we had previously. It will not be shaped in a north & south fashion. It will be progressive against patriot. The majority of the government is on the progressive side and they are powerful. However, they seem to not realize the weight this type of situation will create.

I hope that cooler heads prevail. They need to take a step back and rethink what they are asking for. This is not political at all. They truly want to disarm citizens. Further, this whole thing could be a way to take attention away from other things going on in the country right now. I find it interesting that the Senate voted through a compromise last night where both sides met in the middle for the most part. I think this happened in order to focus on the gun issue for the next two months. Write your senators and representatives an be a part of the process. They will take notice and stand firm where the majority of their constituents are situated. Sadly, they care more about their political career than the cause. Be active, engaged, informed, aware and double vigilant.

Till next time....

NoSoup4U

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The branch of the service that I once served in has a motto, it's semper paratus ("always prepared"). I'm always ready, for within a moments notice, a firearm enables me to protect my home and/or my neighbor’s home.

It's quite clear that the United States of America is under siege. This country has been hijacked by corrupt politicians, criminal bankers, mass media liars, corporate felons, and two faced back stabbing "allies."

I'll make this statement and stand by it to the bitter end, whoever attempts to take my firearms away will regret the day they were born. Mark my word, I've had enough of the self-serving criminal games.

Just a reminder for those who take it upon themsevles to confiscate firearms in America, the second amendment to the U.S. Constitution is the part of the U.S. Bill of Rights that protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

F.T.G.

edit on 1-1-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kcabmi

Let's just say that I do not disagree with what you're saying. I will, however, suggest that you possibly should be more careful how many cats you let out of the bag on the internet. Your opposition is quite well informed on the "arts" of Sun Tzu, the primary one being "Know your enemy." With this in mind, you basically just told them that you're going to be a "hostile dissident," and while, like I said, I understand what you're saying 100%, I suggest that you play it close to the vest if you expect to survive the decline into WROL(without rule of law) or, more likely, EROL(excessive rule of law) conditions. The cards are already being placed on the table for some sort of crackdown. At some point the hands will be drawn though, and you need to make sure that you don't make yourself a target before that does happen. Like Nutnfancy on Youtube (if you are pro self-defense you would do well to subscribe to his page, as he is very sensible and brutally honest in his opinions, no BS) says, do not hasten the day. Live the life that is possible under todays conditions, plan for the worst, but make sure that you do not, through your actions, make that life impossible to live. Reactionism is a dangerous slope that is very easy to slide straight into the abyss of the American penal system on, and once you have a record, you're pretty much screwed for life. Just some food for thought though. Stay frosty and always remember: Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
1775, 1861, 2013... what do all of these dates hold in common? The beginnings of revolution for our country. Many people say that we can't possibly stand up to the government with our "little pea-shooters," yet they are the same ones so terrified by them. I say we can stand up. A large percentage of the military is already at odds with the government, and would side with the people. They would probably "commandeer" a lot of their toys too. The govt. Agencies are the ones we really have to watch. They answer to no one save the evil we are up against.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Yup. The 2nd Amendment is the backbone and the "teeth" of the all of the other statutes in the Constitution. Without it, all other rights would disappear most ricky-tick. It's a dangerous slope, because the American government has always been wary of it's "subjects," simply because of the 2nd amendment, and, as such, have had to play the totalitarian tip-toe for the last 70 years, but you will find that once the 2nd amendment is "amended," that tip-toe will hasten to a run towards EROL conditions in the states. I mean, just look at the cops in your country for example. 15 years ago cops didn't even carry guns and now even some beat cops are carrying fully-automatic "sub-guns" like MP-5's and the like, and the transition was not a slow one, and you cannot tell me that the cops in England are any better than the ones here in Canada, or in the States, as it has been proven that there is a designated "maximum IQ" for potential LE recruits in the UK, as dumb cops are more likely to not question the heinous laws that the politicians and the lobbyists behind them get passed.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by igniterevolution

You must also be wary of PMC's (private military corporations) like Blackwater (now Academi) or the multitude of other American PMC's that recruit primarily from the sociopathic pool of the American Special Forces community, as well as from third world nations that don't have a semblance of rights to begin with so they would not think twice about trampling on yours. Do not worry about the military, they are already mostly on your side. I would worry about mercs operating within your borders though if I were you, as they get paid A LOT of money to just follow orders (4-6x what your average E1-E4 would make in the military) and have diplomatic immunity which means no charges for war crimes. Not even a slap on the wrist, so be wary of them is all I can say. I honestly think that a Academi recruit from Bangladesh or the like wouldn't think twice about firing into a crowd of protestors, and neither would some of the ex-Special Forces guys.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hearing those sentiments from a US serviceman fills me with hope.

It makes such a refreshing change from the usual chants of "USA, USA, USA".....America's continued existence as a 'land of the free', in the mind of American citizens at least, is of vital importance to the rest of us whether we like it or not. They've taken a lot of steps down the road to tyranny over recent years, but if their servicemen really do understand what their oath entails and really won't cross that line, we can all sleep a little safer in our beds at night.

Yanks.....God bless 'em, they usually do the right thing in the end, but they do sometimes leave it to the very last possible moment.

edit on 1-1-2013 by squarehead666 because: S&P/Clarity

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
now you all don't need to worry....In Texas, this type of thing will "on it's own"....take care of it self. Us Texanxs live a different way than the others, common sense gives us a "put you head down and get busy" lifestyle...
I suppose it's because we have so much room to spread out and seek our own fun. down the street and around the corner two houses, there's a bunch of good old boys that grew up together country style ( they were rough at the age of 17 but got better)...and they have 55 guns per person, love to 4x4,and do extreme sports. Reloading ammo is a pastime...acetylene bombs are entertainment, and researching the intronet is how they get so darn well informed...I call one of them the proffessor and tell everyone he doesn't have to go to the university because he already knows.! ha
if one was to stack all the guns in Texas they would form a cube the size of the county you live in.!! We reload.!....and get this.....WE'RE ALL IN UNISON.! Family style sort of.!! I'm so proud of those young gunners.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Never forget, as we go thru this, they have,own,and control the ENTIRE Mass Media Network.
They WILL make anyone and EVERYONE who resists efforts to criminalize gun ownership look like the dangerous nutjobs.

This is why the media needs to be taken over early in the process.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC

Originally posted by curme
That Marine spent 6 years in the Corps and couldn't make SGT?

Not really unusual. It works on a quota system in many MOS's.
After E-3 it is no longer time in grade but rather how full is your MOS and is there room for another E-4, E-5 etc...

In the interview he says he did 8 years. High Year Tenure for Corporal is 8 years so they discharged him.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
His standing is true.

If we are disarmed against our will, then civil war is enviable.

Against who? Those who signed such a thing.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nothingwrong

The circular logic is ridiculous! All guns should be legal so that I can protect myself from people with guns!? Really!!!!???? And then he said - only the violent criminals should not be permitted to purchase guns! WTF? Is this guy a comic? They already have them! It is these people you are declaring you need to protect yourself against! Idiot. If it was so easy you wouldn't need a gun would you?

Why do I get a feeling that you wouldn't have the balls to say it to his face...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by nothingwrong

Yea, I guess you're right, do you prefer to ball up in the fetal position, or do you go for the full out crying, sobbing, and begging? Just curious to what you do when threatened.

Have a super day.

I bet if he ever gets assaulted he would complain that people just kept on walking like they didn't even see that someone is beating the crap out of him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join